Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Final thoughts from me for the year:

1 Best football game I've ever seen.

2 Out of 10 games, Henry County wins 3. Powell wins 3. 4 ties.

3 Mobley should attend the school of his choice. Walk on anywhere. Walk away with a full ride after one practice. Should not consider Tennessee. If they can't see talent this close to home, they will continue to fail.

4 Mobley is the best running back Henry County has faced in 15 years

5 Powell beats Ridgeway 10 games out of 10

6 Very disappointed with all the whining about the horns. Powell posters win first place with whining about the horns. No one else came close.

7 Classy football on both sides. Run the ball, pass the ball, get tackled, go to the huddle. That's it.

8 Moronicus: You and I could probably get along ok in real life

9 Don't beat your coach up. If we hadn't forced the fumble, Mobley would have run the next 2 downs. I'm afraid to admit what would have resulted.

And now! For the final FACT of the year!

The Henry County Patriots are the 2011 5A State Champions in High School Football!

Just one other small fact I just remembered.

We are gonna be really, REALLY good next year.

Also NicD91...It was Mobley Mobley Mobley...(well deserved)..But Nothing said about Jelks ,who is a Vanderbilt committ and had several big plays! What A Game!!

Well, I also did not mention anything about Najee and his 140+ yds, Shaq and his 150+ and 2 TD's, or Caleb and his hardnosed play running, receiving, blocking and tackling on both sides of the ball. There are so many I could mention because this is a true team! They played like a well oiled machine all year long and the proof is that gold ball sitting at HCHS right now and those soon to come "PHAT STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS"! The only reason I mentioned Mobley is because we have never seen him play in person but he lived up to all the hype. Jelks is well deserving of an SEC school and I am thrilled that he chose Vandy! I think others could go D1 on this team as well. Just too much to mention everyone and everything they do! Absolutely great game and great performance by all HC players!

I just want to say that Powell was a very good football team, Mobley was an excellent back and the Patriot Fans were great, thank you for all your support of the kids and program, the fans of the Patriot football program are second to none. Now for the men of the program, What a great group of young men, they were spectacular all season, they gave all of Henry County somehting to hang their hats on with no if's involved. I stood in amazement last night looking at the stands. what a great day for Henry Countians from the send off to the welcome back. Yesterday was a day that will never be forgotten in the lives of many people, and I feel very fortunate to have experienced it.

Henry County. I thoroughly enjoyed being adopted by you guys last night after my dawgs suffered a tough loss. It was a lot of fun seeing your enthuiasm and excitement. You guys were very classy and invited us right into the family. Congrats on the big win. See yall for the scrimmage in August!!!!!

I don't have a dog in the hunt for either one of these teams so this is truly an unbiased opinion on the game. Terriffic game by both teams and alot of class by both involved so congratulations to each team. There was quite a few points left out on the field by both teams due to turnovers and costly penalties especially in the red zone. But I also feel there was points left on the field by the referees... the Powell quarterback definitely scored a touchdown on that run and it was obvious while I watched it live and on the replay and the ref was standing right there with a perfect view of the play. Regardless of that call if you can't score from the 1 yard line (even if you shouldn't have had to due to the call) due to penalties will haunt these seniors and coaching staff for a long time. I'm not trying to be critical of the team but I really felt Powell got robbed in that situation after a great individual effort. Great game to watch and once again congratulations to all the kids involved.

101_4182.jpg

You're either blind or you were watching the wrong game. Refs did an excellent job. Better TEAM won.

Edited by BigRedChamps