Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

My thoughts on the game

Powells kicking game absolutely kills them...When you get the ball at the 40 to start a drive its gonna

Henry County won the game and in my onion deserved it they are a far better coached team and more disciplined. They where conditioned and made the right adjustments. HC should be good for next year and will probably have the same outcome.

Mobley is used to running 15 times a game and has not played a full game but twice this year if i remember correctly. He hits that 22-25 mark and he was gassed. Not his fault when you get there and your up so much you take your players out. Still when he is relied on that much he was worn out..That one break away play in the 4th he should have had a td but completely ran out of steam. I figured that conditioning nwould get them at some point and ultimately it did.

The play calling was horrible. HC could not stop powell when they went to then left..And they continued to throw the ball and run middle/right even with it not working...

Great season for both teams powell played awesome...Darion Logan is a great player this whole senor class was awesome.

You aren't going to find teams that are in better shape in the fourth quarter than a James Counce coached team. Counce Jr. is probably the best strength and conditioning coach in the state as well as a great offensive line coach. You know what you are getting when you face a James Counce coached team. Where ever he has been, it's been the same thing: Nothing Fancy. Just line up and run the ball down your throat. Sort of like the old Nebraska teams of Tom Osborne. Just Mano Y Mano football. With three middle schools all feeding that one high school, he'll have a lot of talent to work with up there. More than he ever had at Dyersburg. He always did a remarkable job here. He basically took "LEMONS AND MADE LEMONADE". Up there he has a buffet of talent to work with. Congratulations on getting the Gold Ball.

What can I possibly say that hasn't already been said... Great game to watch, great atmosphere, just not the outcome I had hoped for. These two teams looked like mirror images, and the outcome could have gone either way. Congrats to the Patriots on a well-deserved (and long awaited) state title!

To all of those who didn't think Powell had much of a chance, I hope that you learned a little something about Powell last night. Congratulations on a great season, Panthers!

I finally got a chance to watch the replay of this game on PBS this morning. Now I know why so many fans in Knoxville were irked by McPhetridge being marked down at the 1-yard line in the 3rd quarter. Tough call by the official. Either way, Powell should have cashed that opportunity in, and they didn't. Kudos to HC for taking advantage of your scoring opportunities.

Edited by osunut2

GOOD ATMOSPHERE?? IT DOES NOT TAKE A POLICE SIRENS TO MAKE A GOOD ATMOSPHERE FOR A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME IVE BEEN TO ALOT OF FOOTBALL GAMES IN VERY GOOD ATMOSPHERES PROBABLY THE BEST; NONE OF THEM HAD A POLICE SIREN; I GUESS WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT; I KNOW THE TV ANNOUNCERS COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM

Who are they to say anything? A washed up Titan who always dropped the most important catches and someone who probably never played football. Henry County has had that siren for years and if you are fortunate to make it back to Cookville and HC is there, you will hear it again....

GOOD ATMOSPHERE?? IT DOES NOT TAKE A POLICE SIRENS TO MAKE A GOOD ATMOSPHERE FOR A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME IVE BEEN TO ALOT OF FOOTBALL GAMES IN VERY GOOD ATMOSPHERES PROBABLY THE BEST; NONE OF THEM HAD A POLICE SIREN; I GUESS WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT; I KNOW THE TV ANNOUNCERS COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM

Maybe you just need to turn up your "radio man"! You got lucky last night to just have the sirens. I didnt even hear the big horns that Randy usually has. They normally drowned out the sirens! Sorry if you & the loser announcers dont like the noise but we here in Henry County are proud and "LOUD"! But then again, you found that out last night and we didnt need the big horns. 4 or 5 thousand diehard HC fans is hard to beat, even if you are closer to home!

What can I possibly say that hasn't already been said... Great game to watch, great atmosphere, just not the outcome I had hoped for. These two teams looked like mirror images, and the outcome could have gone either way. Congrats to the Patriots on a well-deserved (and long awaited) state title!

To all of those who didn't think Powell had much of a chance, I hope that you learned a little something about Powell last night. Congratulations on a great season, Panthers!

I finally got a chance to watch the replay of this game on PBS this morning. Now I know why so many fans in Knoxville were irked by McPhetridge being marked down at the 1-yard line in the 3rd quarter. Tough call by the official. Either way, Powell should have cashed that opportunity in, and they didn't. Kudos to HC for taking advantage of your scoring opportunities.

To Beat The Best Team From Memphis,Nashville,and Knoxville is an amazing accomplishment For a Town of 30,000 with Only One High School. Winning a State Championship in High School Football Has Got To Be The Hardest Thing To Do!! One Thing For Sure Powell will Remember our name HENRY COUNTY For The Rest Of Their Lives as We Will Remember Theirs...Hard Fought Battle To The End...HCHCJock81

OK, so I have finally gotten around to watching the replay online. I have to say it, could they find some announcers that are bigger idiots? I mean these kids are giving blood, sweat, and tears out there and the announcers cant even get their names or numbers right with a darn roster in front of them. Maybe next year they can color coordinate the rosters to reflect each teams colors, or get someone who can see and read! Thats awful! I hope they didnt pay them to do that. Great game by two great teams with awful announcers!

Edited by NicD91

Final thoughts from me for the year:

1 Best football game I've ever seen.

2 Out of 10 games, Henry County wins 3. Powell wins 3. 4 ties.

3 Mobley should attend the school of his choice. Walk on anywhere. Walk away with a full ride after one practice. Should not consider Tennessee. If they can't see talent this close to home, they will continue to fail.

4 Mobley is the best running back Henry County has faced in 15 years

5 Powell beats Ridgeway 10 games out of 10

6 Very disappointed with all the whining about the horns. Powell posters win first place with whining about the horns. No one else came close.

7 Classy football on both sides. Run the ball, pass the ball, get tackled, go to the huddle. That's it.

8 Moronicus: You and I could probably get along ok in real life

9 Don't beat your coach up. If we hadn't forced the fumble, Mobley would have run the next 2 downs. I'm afraid to admit what would have resulted.

And now! For the final FACT of the year!

The Henry County Patriots are the 2011 5A State Champions in High School Football!