Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

As i scan over the post-game posts on this board its clear that "some" Powell fans like the taste of sour grapes! Cmon, seriously Powell! This was a great game played by two very talented very well coached teams! The ball could have bounced either way for both teams. We may have had some inconsistency throughout the year in our kicking game but the Ainley kid has worked hard all year long and last night he was money! I was watching him during warm-ups and he was kicking the ball dead center into the camera man's skylift! Had we attempted the FG at the end of the first half, I think he could have made it. Then, if we kick the FG down on the 2 yd line instead of going for the TD, that would have made this a 9 point game. I dont second guess our coaches for doing what they did, and Powell certainly shouldnt be second guessing Lowe on his decisions. Thats why they are the coaches and we are the fans. Congrats to Mobley on his accomplishments, by far the best RB we have faced all year. Congrats to the Powell players and coaches on a great season, you DESERVED to be in the state game!

CONGRATS TO THE 2011 5A STATE CHAMPION HENRY COUNTY PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A GAME!! Both teams played an amazing game! It was everything it was supposed to be! First of all, congrats to HC on your first championship! From the people I've talked to on here and at the game, you seem like a classy bunch and it was a pleasure to play you last night. I wish we would have come out on top, but that's how it goes. As far as the sirens...WHO CARES!! It made for an awesome football atmosphere. That's what it's all about!! Powell...great season..great game..keep your heads up!Your school and community are proud of you!

To all of the HC fans... how do you feel Mobley stacks up against some of the other great backs you've played? BTW.. Ray and Allen are beasts!

great post! Your team is first class as well and Mobley looks like he should be in the SEC!!!

WHAT A GAME!! Both teams played an amazing game! It was everything it was supposed to be! First of all, congrats to HC on your first championship! From the people I've talked to on here and at the game, you seem like a classy bunch and it was a pleasure to play you last night. I wish we would have come out on top, but that's how it goes. As far as the sirens...WHO CARES!! It made for an awesome football atmosphere. That's what it's all about!! Powell...great season..great game..keep your heads up!Your school and community are proud of you!

To all of the HC fans... how do you feel Mobley stacks up against some of the other great backs you've played? BTW.. Ray and Allen are beasts!

As a Kentucky fan let me first say that I'm glad he's headed to Lexington. At the high school level he is an absolute beast. Sees the hole well, ran aggressively through tackles while still keeping his balance and showed nice speed. However I think the speed issue is what kept him from being a higher rated prospect. There were a couple of occasions where HC was able to run him down (Hilliard in particular, who's fast himself) when the kid from Ridgeway would have been gone. It'll be interesting to see if his aggressive running style is able to transfer over to the next level. But still, a great player.

As for the sirens, I was there live and have since watched it online, and I hardly ever noticed them.

Edited by Professor Chaos

As a Kentucky fan let me first say that I'm glad he's headed to Lexington. At the high school level he is an absolute beast. Sees the whole well, ran aggressively through tackles while still keeping his balance and showed nice speed. However I think the speed issue is what kept him from being a higher rated prospect. There were a couple of occasions where HC was able to run him down (Hilliard in particular, who's fast himself) when the kid from Ridgeway would have been gone. It'll be interesting to see if his aggressive running style is able to transfer over to the next level. But still, a great player.

As for the sirens, I was there live and have since watched it online, and I hardly ever noticed them.

Great post. I agree on the long distance speed issue, but if he can get 10-15 yds with short burts of speed, I'd take it any day. As we have seen, super speed isn't everything. Btw.. I love the sirens...I thought it mades a great atmosphere.

As a Kentucky fan let me first say that I'm glad he's headed to Lexington. At the high school level he is an absolute beast. Sees the whole well, ran aggressively through tackles while still keeping his balance and showed nice speed. However I think the speed issue is what kept him from being a higher rated prospect. There were a couple of occasions where HC was able to run him down (Hilliard in particular, who's fast himself) when the kid from Ridgeway would have been gone. It'll be interesting to see if his aggressive running style is able to transfer over to the next level. But still, a great player.

Watching Mobley on tv I would guess he runs a solid 4.6 40 (maybe 4.5) or somewhere in that neighborhood. Having said that, his vision and ability to cut is what makes him so special. Either way great game by both teams and congrats to HC on winning state.....

Edited by Kevin38

I think they watched him a couple of times, but guess he wasn't their cup of tea. According to the fans on VolNation.com he's NOT good enough to play at Tennessee, but I guess he is good enough to play at Mississippi State and Kentucky. And considering Kentucky beat TN..what's that tell ya?

OUCH!!!! I'll say this, Devrin Young from Bearden is the best athlete in orange right now. The state of Tennessee football would indicate that the volnation might be suffering from brain damage.

Local talent that grows up dreaming of being a vol will give you 100%