Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

There is a rule, And I am one of those guys that really doesn't care if the band plays when the other team has the ball...the band is part of the game.

But that is unacceptable in any situation. :ph34r:

Apparently it IS "acceptable" in that it was discussed in the "administrators meeting" in Murfreesboro on Monday at the TSSAA State Championship meeting and press conference!

Either you have no idea what you are talking about or you need to find new sources. Both teams were pretty equal concerning penalties and TOs and yet HC turned out to be 3 points better. Also, coming on to message a board under an avatar where no one knows who you are and claim to speak your mind does not really show guts b/c you dont have to look people in the eye while doing it and facing them when you are wrong.....

Now on to olddevil, QBClubPrez, Drew, and others I know I am missing, congratulations on HC winning the state title. I am happy you guys got to experience the week leading up to the game, the game itself, and finally the gratifying feeling of winning. I was very fortunate to be part of that about 20 years ago as a player and it is something I still cherish to this day. This is something that will not ever be forgotten by your community or you guys. The whole tag about not winning any gold balls is now officially gone. I am truly happy for you guys and I hope you are enjoying this moment.....

I endorse this post 110%

I've seen hundreds of high school football games...this game is one of the top 5 games I've ever seen (possibly the best) between 2 evenly matched, equally sized schools from opposite ends of the state! Furthermore...I was priviledged to attend the "Coaches and Administrators" meeting on Monday and met the principal and a couple coaches from Powell. The Powell principal is one of the classiest men I've ever met in the "school business"! Also, Dy'Shawn Mobley broke a state record last night yet wasn't even a candidate for the Mr. Football Award in a "normally" East TN heavy race. Great job Panthers and Powell faithful!

On the other hand, I've never been prouder of a team and a community!! On a side note to everyone on Henry County's schedule....that's how you travel!!! Congrats Coach Counce and the guys on winning an absolute "fist fight" of a game! That's what a State Championship game should look like! Go Big Red!!

it is just stupid that TSSAA would allow the siren, henry county fans need to have some class I am sure that even some of their fans think it is stupid, not sure where henry county is but I am sure they are part of that west tn fan base that thinks high school football stops in Nashville.

Apparently your brain is not too "jammin"! This is the most heinous post of the year! First...you know nothing about "class" and its apparent you don't know much about Tennessee high school football nor geography! If you did...you would understand that "Henry County" and "class" are basic synonyms (words that mean basically the same thing)! And those who enjoy and follow high school football could certainly tell you "where it is" because they have probably been to a game, tailgated, and treated as hospitable as anywhere they have ever been! Henry County is known state wide as the "Volunteer County" of the "Volunteer State". You "jammin01" are an "absolute tool" and get the award for "buffoon post of the year"!! Get out and experience the wonderful state in which you live....if not...at least purchase yourself an atlas!

From a old patroit cogrds to HCHS for a hard fought game and victory We in Dickson county are very proud of you We were up all night celebrating thr victory and plan to do it all day. To the Powell people your guys played a great game congrds on a great season keep your heads up.

How many yards to Mobley end up with for his career? I read he got over 3,000 for the season and passed Troy Fleming as the all time leader rusher in Tennessee history. He had 208 last night I believe.

Mobley ended up with 3068, breaking Troy Fleming's single season state rushing record of 3008 he set at BGA in 1998.

WHAT A GAME!! Both teams played an amazing game! It was everything it was supposed to be! First of all, congrats to HC on your first championship! From the people I've talked to on here and at the game, you seem like a classy bunch and it was a pleasure to play you last night. I wish we would have come out on top, but that's how it goes. As far as the sirens...WHO CARES!! It made for an awesome football atmosphere. That's what it's all about!! Powell...great season..great game..keep your heads up!Your school and community are proud of you!

To all of the HC fans... how do you feel Mobley stacks up against some of the other great backs you've played? BTW.. Ray and Allen are beasts!