Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

I don't know much about Powell, only what I saw tonight, a very good team. It seems that a lot of coaches forget how they made to the big game and take the ball out of the hands of the one who got you there. Most of the time they regret doing it.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT. I UNDERSTAND THROWING THE BALL ONCE DURING THAT SERIES , BUT AFTER THAT IM PUTTIN THE BALL IN MOBLEYS HANDS AND LETTIN HIM WIN IT OR LOOSE IT FOR ME. I THOUGHT COACH LOWE MADE SOME GOOD CALLS THROUGHOUT THE GAME BUT THAT LAST SERIES I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND

• Upvote 1

I don't have a dog in the fight either but it was a great game to watch. A couple of thoughts, 1. Congrats to HC 2. The Powell qb definitely scored. I slowed it down on replay and it was clear. 3. How do you expect to win a state title with no player that can kick a 25yd FG. 4. Should have stuck with Mobley at the end. If stopped there was still time.

I don't know if there is a reg about the noise maker or not. We have had those same people doing that at our games for as long as I can remember. I know other teams have cowbells, horns and other noisemakers. One thing I do know for sure....this was the game I expected it to be. Of course, I am biased about HCHS but I truly believe that this Powell team is something special. Kudos to all the boys on what has to be the best playoff game in a long while. And yes, Mobley is definitely the best we have faced this year.

Great game, the difference in these 2 teams is discipline and conditioning. Mobley just flat ran out of gas. Logan should have been utilized more early on. Powell had not faced a team like this all year and it showed late in the the 3rd. I watched the post game ceremonies , when Powell went out to get the Silver ball (no shame in that)they were meandering around then one of the players threw his helmet about 15 yrds on the turf (eweee) no discipline. The HCHS team started out to get their trophy and as they all started out their coach turn and held up his hands and they all looked at him and stopped. He had complete control of them and they responded to a subtle command or motion. They were the more disciplined team out there tonight. No disrespect to Powell they played a great game it is a shame someone had to loose. PS Powell did get screwed out of at least 1 if not two TD's

Edited by weaklink

I don't have a dog in the fight either but it was a great game to watch. A couple of thoughts, 1. Congrats to HC 2. The Powell qb definitely scored. I slowed it down on replay and it was clear. 3. How do you expect to win a state title with no player that can kick a 25yd FG. 4. Should have stuck with Mobley at the end. If stopped there was still time.

Cain't argue with none of that. Great game to watch. Both teams had plenty of chances to win it. Congratulations Patriots.

Great game, the difference in these 2 teams is discipline and conditioning. Mobley just flat ran out of gas. Logan should have been utilized more early on. Powell had not faced a team like this all year and it showed late in the the 3rd. I watched the post game ceremonies , when Powell went out to get the Silver ball (no shame in that)they were meandering around then one of the players threw his helmet about 15 yrds on the turf (eweee) no discipline. The HCHS team started out to get their trophy and as they all started out their coach turn and held up his hands and they all looked at him and stopped. He had complete control of them and they responded to a subtle command or motion. They were the more disciplined team out there tonight. No disrespect to Powell they played a great game it is a shame someone had to loose. PS Powell did get screwed out of at least 1 if not two TD's

I wouldnt go as far as saying discipline was a problem all i saw was a kid throw his helmet and I mean come on man its a teenage kid that just lost the state championship game ,emotions are running high and sometimes kids do stupid things , he was just frustrated

No contest...I have been right all year and I am right again. Powell is the best among a group of weak pretenders. They have a very good running back,a good running QB, some athletic receivers but the QB doesn't throw very well. The kicking game looks like it was born in Memphis...they are athletic, but it will be over by halftime. Henry County will dismantle Powell and Powell won't know what hit them. I am not a guy who just runs my mouth without attempting to be accurate...check my posts. I don't expect the Powell faithful to like me because the truth hurts. Heck, some HC fans don't care for me because I don't sugarcoat things or make an attempt to be politically correct. This will be the worst of all the title games...especially for Powell. I will have little more to say, because the game isn't worth my time...HC is VASTLY superior to Powell. Remember I said this.

Either you have no idea what you are talking about or you need to find new sources. Both teams were pretty equal concerning penalties and TOs and yet HC turned out to be 3 points better. Also, coming on to message a board under an avatar where no one knows who you are and claim to speak your mind does not really show guts b/c you dont have to look people in the eye while doing it and facing them when you are wrong.....

Now on to olddevil, QBClubPrez, Drew, and others I know I am missing, congratulations on HC winning the state title. I am happy you guys got to experience the week leading up to the game, the game itself, and finally the gratifying feeling of winning. I was very fortunate to be part of that about 20 years ago as a player and it is something I still cherish to this day. This is something that will not ever be forgotten by your community or you guys. The whole tag about not winning any gold balls is now officially gone. I am truly happy for you guys and I hope you are enjoying this moment.....

Edited by Kevin38

The doubt has ended.

StateFinal2011.jpg

StateChampionshipGoldBall.jpg

This game could've gone either way. It's great to see two evenly matched teams take it to the wire. Who would've imagined that the most inconsistent part of our game would be the saving grace?

The doubters doubted all year long; we won it all.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

Edited by chaos001