Milan VS CAK

Slim88

I hear what you are saying but football is not a game of deduction. It's a 48 minute game, one week at a time. Injury, inexperience, weather, circumstances, officiating, etc... all play a part. Of course I know you already know that so why assume Huntington or Wayne County is better than all 3A just because they beat Milan. Same could be said of Grace Christian Academy if CAK wins it all, they are a 2A school and they beat us. I just feel like way too much emphasis is placed on classification when determining overall quality of a team. It is a factor, but not the deciding factor, at least not in my book. Not trying to argue with you, just pointing out a different view.

Very good post 'FootballDad'and I totally agree. First of all I don't believe class 3A is down myself but like you said people do put too much emphasis on classification. I believe Alcoa or CAK would have brought home the gold ball this year. Yes I know Milan has a rich tradition and has been here before but that's in the past.I have seen the Warriors offense personally and I don't believe the Bulldogs will be able to stop the wide open offense of CAK. Also Bulldog fans, good luck in trying to get through the big 'O' line of CAK...they are massive. Yes,We may have came out with the win in week 4 but we never even got close to Charlie High (QB). I don't believe many have laid hands on him all season.

Good luck CAK, bring home another gold ball for the East.

I have seen many post about 3A being down this year and that may or may not be true. Just my opinion, if it were not for Alcoa, CAK might be going for thier 5th Gold Ball in a row. If Alcoa was in the West CAK would have 4 Silver balls and be taking home the Gold this year.

A few facts:

CAK has never been lost in the 3A playoff to a team other then Alcoa

CAK lost by the same score in 2008 playoffs as Milan did in the Finals (CAK played @ Alcoa), 28-14

In both 2009 and 2010 CAK's only loses were to Alcoa.

In 2009 lost by 17 and 21 to Alcoa but scores in both games. Milan was shut out 21-0

In 2010 CAK lost by 17 and 11. Alcoa won in the Championship by 34

Go Warriors!! Bring home the Gold

Very good post 'FootballDad'and I totally agree. First of all I don't believe class 3A is down myself but like you said people do put too much emphasis on classification. I believe Alcoa or CAK would have brought home the gold ball this year. Yes I know Milan has a rich tradition and has been here before but that's in the past.I have seen the Warriors offense personally and I don't believe the Bulldogs will be able to stop the wide open offense of CAK. Also Bulldog fans, good luck in trying to get through the big 'O' line of CAK...they are massive. Yes,We may have came out with the win in week 4 but we never even got close to Charlie High (QB). I don't believe many have laid hands on him all season.

Good luck CAK, bring home another gold ball for the East.

Thanks Ram. Hopefully we can win and give you some satisfaction that you beat the 3A champion as well as the 1A champion if S.Pittsburg wins. I believe GCA would be going with us to Cookeville if it weren't for that little matter in the past. I have a nephew that plays for you guys and you all had an incredible season. Good luck next year but we will definitely be looking to re-establish superiority when the Rams come to W.Knoxville, ha. :D

I can appreciate all the love being dished out, but it's making it really difficult

to poke at the CAK fans. Oh well

I got lucky it seems, I made reservations Friday night after the game, friends on Facebook

are saying hotel rooms are hard to find. I'll have floor space if anyone needs it,

just bring your sleeping bag.

Well SJ I guess I can appreciate your predicament. So maybe I can find a troll or two out there with some photo shop skills to start posting some really inflammatory pictures of corn dogs with Milan spelled in mustard, or cupcakes with Milan spelled in the frosting, or road signs telling the bulldogs this is where they exit the playoffs, ha. We were fortunate enough to beat Alcoa this year, but we will NEVER be able to challenge them in the "CoachT Cleverest Photo Shop Gig Your Opponent Contest". They are the undisputed world champions at that :lol: ( I actually miss all of that, at least a little bit, ha)

the CPA players left the field after the Milan game on the visitors sidelines...if a few Milan fans were barking....it was just that....a few...99.9% of Milan fans have respect for the other team...win or lose....don't paint all Milan fans with that broad brush...

I agree that it was just a few. Glad to know most Milan fans aren't like that. However, it put a real bad taste in my mouth. Milan has a great program and a great tradition and should be above that.

Welcome aboard. Until a few games back I wouldn't have revealed my son's number, you know, all the secrecy and code names and such that comes along with being able to anonymously post on the T :roflolk: But since he is a senior I thought there was nothing to hide, plus hopefully I haven't posted anything in the past to offend anyone to begin with. He is #18 and plays ILB. He's a tough little pine knot and is one of the captains.

The secret is out! Having watched CAK pretty closely, I would say that #18 is the reason that CAK sometimes gets the reputation of a "finesse" team. Please try to toughen him up a little before this Friday. :rolleyes:

Edited by Govolsknox

Long time viewer, first time posting. I haven't missed a Milan game in a very long time and will give you honest answers.

Yes, Milan lost to 1A Huntingdon, however, everyone from here could see a loss coming and that loss helped them refocus and go on this playoff run. I haven't seen Milan play this well, on all three phases, all year. #29, Arkel Coleman, has become a force to be reckoned with, on both sides of the ball. This years Milan team is vastly different from 08 and 09. This years team doesn't have a lot of players going both ways. Morris has kept most of his athletes on the defensive side of the ball.

#3 Finch is deadly in the return game: Curious to see if CAK kicks to him.

CAK's QB makes me nervous. Question: Do they test you vertically or is it more dink and dunk with yac yards??

Milan's secondary has improved every week. I feel Milan will pound the rock and control the clock. Hopefully, pick off one or two and that could be the difference. 35-28 type game

Well SJ I guess I can appreciate your predicament. So maybe I can find a troll or two out there with some photo shop skills to start posting some really inflammatory pictures of corn dogs with Milan spelled in mustard, or cupcakes with Milan spelled in the frosting, or road signs telling the bulldogs this is where they exit the playoffs, ha. We were fortunate enough to beat Alcoa this year, but we will NEVER be able to challenge them in the "CoachT Cleverest Photo Shop Gig Your Opponent Contest". They are the undisputed world champions at that :lol: ( I actually miss all of that, at least a little bit, ha)

FootBallDad and most other CaK fans are class acts. They give credit where its due and with respect. Regardless of what u hear that CaK team is Very physical on defense. The offense will wow u with that passing game. This team is the real deal. I expect it to be 28 12 CaK. Go CaK from the Polk County Wildcats!