Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

Maybe so Barb but I was really wondering where the "spanking" came in. We both know only 4 or 5 plays make a difference in a close game. Giles went up against a seasoned team loaded with fine football players. Scratch two turnovers and it's a 7 point game at best. Greeneville was the best team but there were not marks on our butts! :ph34r:

Devil fan who agrees with you completely. Nobody with a functioning brain thought that game was in hand until about 3 minutes to go.

Point is not who's better than who. Have swagger. Have confidence. But, a perennial program respects solid competition. I spoke to many after the game. #5's dad was one. Evidently they had better seats than you....or they actually watched the game. :ph34r:

Ha Ha.

O.K. you got me.

First, I said it would have been a spankin, not, it was a spankin.

And as for ol George, I sat right behind him.

It was a great game. Finally. One of the first games this year I didn't think about asking for my money back.

Great competition!

So I over stated the spankin thing.

Add the touch down taken away by a block in the back that didn't effect the play in any way. Score 49-21.

That may not be a spanking, I Am Sorry. Please forgive me.

I guess I never need to post what could have been and stick with the way it actually was.

Got carried away.

Hey rll,

If you thot it was still a game with 3 minutes to go........uhhhhh.

Devil fan who agrees with you completely. Nobody with a functioning brain thought that game was in hand until about 3 minutes to go.

Thanks man. Thats what I saw.

I really do think the championship game will be a great match-up. Giles gave The Wood some game tape to look at but we do some things that they can't. I see this being a game where turnovers will be the difference. Since both teams like the ground there may only be one! :ph34r:

Thanks man. Thats what I saw.

I really do think the championship game will be a great match-up. Giles gave The Wood some game tape to look at but we do some things that they can't. I see this being a game where turnovers will be the difference. Since both teams like the ground there may only be one! :ph34r:

My comments from page 8. I have the same opinion today even after all the smack. Defense wins Championships. We have the two best rated defenses in the State going for the gold ball. MW has their running game and GHS has their's. So the game could/should be decided by field position, turnovers, and coaching. The GHS kicking game and Ballard's coaching are the difference in the game. GHS 28 MW 14. Go Devils!!

My comments from page 8. I have the same opinion today even after all the smack. Defense wins Championships. We have the two best rated defenses in the State going for the gold ball. MW has their running game and GHS has their's. So the game could/should be decided by field position, turnovers, and coaching. The GHS kicking game and Ballard's coaching are the difference in the game. GHS 28 MW 14. Go Devils!!

I agree.

Again, I don't a lot about MW's defense.

Have they faced a 3-dimensional running game like Greeneville's?

The film they gave Greeneville to watch reportedly sucked so Greeneville went to other schools and got good footage.(Riverdale)

A little man with bullet speed and great elusiveness. IF Greeneville stops him, what does MW do to compensate?

I agree.

Again, I don't a lot about MW's defense.

Have they faced a 3-dimensional running game like Greeneville's?

The film they gave Greeneville to watch reportedly sucked so Greeneville went to other schools and got good footage.(Riverdale)

A little man with bullet speed and great elusiveness. IF Greeneville stops him, what does MW do to compensate?

They are not a 1 back team. :ph34r:

So you don't count the fumble scooped up be Hall and returned to the 5 yd line?

Missing my point dear. That was a big time play by Hall. There were 4 turnovers and all hurt. The endzone pick puts us up 21 - 14 at the half. The fourth quarter pick stops the mo to get back into the game. The timing of those two are my point. :ph34r: