Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

Congrats to Greenville

You guys have really inpressed me the last two years. I watched your game from the stands last year before our Smyrna Maryville game and I thought that the team you played was no good. Was I WRONG, IT WAS THAT YOU ARE JUST THAT GREAT!!! And just make the other teams look bad!!!!

AGAIN GREAT JOB GREENEVILLE GREENE DEVILS

Agreed! Greene Devil domination! Now time to dominate the pillow, lol.

Great to meet you...just got in...had to get on here and "DOMINATE" a little before also shutting out a powerhouse pillow....Congratulations to Maplewood on a great season, a great fanbase and an ELECTRIC BAND...holy HECK, those "dancin panthers" are probably STILL wiggling..i swear i thought i saw 34 hip flexors or plexors or whatever that fancy word is for "dislocated hip" out there...those gals never stopped the entire game..unbeleivable. Also, kudos to the Maplewood kids. very classy in defeat, everyone one i met and talked with. Even got to chat with a couple coaches and fans outside the locker room. Hope you fellas made it home safely and best of luck NExt year......GO BIG GREENE <> ENEERG GIB OG..........

My guess is that #10 stays at QB and #6 takes over the RB position or is their a younger QB that can handle it and #10 go to RB ??? What you guys got coming back in offensive line ??? I know that 10 starters on defense were seniors ??

I would say Mr. Goode will be the starting RB next year, with Walker ofcourse back there as well. I think if Xavier keeps his head on straight ( I'm sure big Pat will see to that) and hits those weights this offseason, his already grown up physique will be sick next year and our offense will be known as " Tanner X "...im naming it now...LOL....Defense will be "young"

Wow! What a dominating performance! No shame for the Wood. Great year! Greenville is on the way to becoming the 4A version of Maryville.

offrecord, im going on the record as saying I dont think we will come close to the Maryville run. Next year just getting to Cookeville in my opinion would be a victory, but hey, If I've learned anything about these kids and this bunch this year, it's never say never with them. Sure will be fun to watch.

I knew after seeing Greeneville lose, but play very well against Giles County two years ago they'd be tough for two more years. The difference was at the line of scrimmage, and Maplewood's lack of poise and composure. The Panthers just choked. Great year, but they fell apart in the finals. Congrats to both teams for a great season, and Greeneville for bringing home the Gold Ball. Next year the Mustangs of DL should be back in the hunt! Go Mustangs!!

Mustang Fan Page

this is the second post i've seen tonight saying Maplewood either fell apart, or choked or was undisciplined....all those could very well have been a factor, but is it at all possible that they just got their noses punched from the outset and kept getting it punched and were dominated by the superior team?

dominated by the superior team?

In short BV,that's what happened.......Going to be a long day today,but it was well worth the trip.I'm glad we got to both be there this year.Like I said a few hours ago to '60 Devil,if we never see this again,we will always have what has happened for the last few years and that will last a life time.Three straight trips and BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is that #10 stays at QB and #6 takes over the RB position or is their a younger QB that can handle it and #10 go to RB ??? What you guys got coming back in offensive line ??? I know that 10 starters on defense were seniors ??

The o-line wil still be pretty stout...got 2 or 3 sticking around next year.I like the idea of using Finchum at QB and moving Stewart to RB. Should get good leadership on defense from the little Rollins :roflolk: boy but they are gonna be young with only 1 senior.