Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

WG has about 680-690 students, not sure how many greeneville has and really it doesn't matter. I think we make too much out of size of school. I think what is most important is facilities and amount of help. Greeneville has 6A-type facilities and a large coaching staff. I believe having 430 boys to choose from is enough to find talent. Then if you have the facilities/equipment/coaches to help improve the players', you can compete with bigger schools. A school with 1000 boys to choose from doesn't keep 200 of them, they keep enough to field a good team.

This Saturday: greeneville wins!

I'm glad you don't set up classifications :roflol:. There would be alot of inner city schools playing in 1A ball if it came down to the facilities that a school has. It is logical to say that with more students in a school the greater percentage you have to field a more athletic team. This is the reason why Florida,California, Georgia, Texas, Alabama, etc. have better football teams than teams in TN and also send more kids to D1 schools. Population size has everything to do with quality of teams (excluding Privates). The Law's of Math don't agree with your thinking.....

Best of the west HENRY CO... do your thang!!! ...put those posing Powell panthers to shame!!!!

listen buddy, you may wanna stop all this #### talk. real talk.. dont worry about henry co. what you need to be thinkin about is how your going to get that pitchfork out your #### this sat. you guys are holding onto this, oh we held the devils to only 17 points last year.. and your right BUT look at the #### hole we come to mud ankle deep??really? and we still beat you all. greeneville was not trying to run up the score they come for a .W. and got it.. you will be playin real ball this sat you say your team is bigger,faster,stronger?? we are way better than last year my friend sorry about you but your maplewood powder puffs are running into a team thats in it to WIN..and I PROMISE MAPLEWOOD WILL NOT WIN LMAO! greeneville is ranked number 1 in the state and after sat it will be the same GO DEVILS 2010&2011 STATE CHAMPS!!!!! devils win 49-14

I'm glad you don't set up classifications :roflol:. There would be alot of inner city schools playing in 1A ball if it came down to the facilities that a school has. It is logical to say that with more students in a school the greater percentage you have to field a more athletic team. This is the reason why Florida,California, Georgia, Texas, Alabama, etc. have better football teams than teams in TN and also send more kids to D1 schools. Population size has everything to do with quality of teams (excluding Privates). The Law's of Math don't agree with your thinking.....

So by what you are saying, greeneville is bigger than the county schools and can field better teams. So that is why we can't beat them in football! We just need to get more kids in school, then we can beat greeneville! It has NOTHING to do with better facilities, twice the number of coaches, and parents wanting to send their county kids for a better education. Thanks for the input... I will see about trying to get more housing on the west end and hopefully people with kids will move there. Gotta get those halls and classrooms full.

Saturday: greeneville wins!

listen buddy, you may wanna stop all this #### talk. real talk.. dont worry about henry co. what you need to be thinkin about is how your going to get that pitchfork out your #### this sat. you guys are holding onto this, oh we held the devils to only 17 points last year.. and your right BUT look at the #### hole we come to mud ankle deep??really? and we still beat you all. greeneville was not trying to run up the score they come for a .W. and got it.. you will be playin real ball this sat you say your team is bigger,faster,stronger?? we are way better than last year my friend sorry about you but your maplewood powder puffs are running into a team thats in it to WIN..and I PROMISE MAPLEWOOD WILL NOT WIN LMAO! greeneville is ranked number 1 in the state and after sat it will be the same GO DEVILS 2010&2011 STATE CHAMPS!!!!! devils win 49-14

Somebody hit a nerve! Ok let me comment on some things that I think you said in your post (hard to read with all those symbols and periods, I prefer letters).

I hope you are playing to win...

Are greeneville fans really bringing pitchforks?...

Maplewood played in the mud too and you all won, just let it go...

Are you all really way better than last years 15-0 team that set state record for points?

Just wondering

This Saturday, greeneville is going to win!

So by what you are saying, greeneville is bigger than the county schools and can field better teams. So that is why we can't beat them in football! We just need to get more kids in school, then we can beat greeneville! It has NOTHING to do with better facilities, twice the number of coaches, and parents wanting to send their county kids for a better education. Thanks for the input... I will see about trying to get more housing on the west end and hopefully people with kids will move there. Gotta get those halls and classrooms full.

Saturday: greeneville wins!

What I am Saying is Greeneville SHOULD be able to field a better team with more people to choose from GHS isn't that much bigger than the County schools and thats why the TSSAA classifies it the way they do. Thats why a 5A team Should beat a 2A team (does it always happen that way? NO) Its the Law of Math and you can ask any coach that. The more students you have the more athletes you will potentially have. EX. You have a school with 200 kids and another school with 2,000 kids isn't their more of a probability that the school with 2,000 have more athletes? Its simple probabilty :ugeek:

What I am Saying is Greeneville SHOULD be able to field a better team with more people to choose from GHS isn't that much bigger than the County schools and thats why the TSSAA classifies it the way they do. Thats why a 5A team Should beat a 2A team (does it always happen that way? NO) Its the Law of Math and you can ask any coach that. The more students you have the more athletes you will potentially have. EX. You have a school with 200 kids and another school with 2,000 kids isn't their more of a probability that the school with 2,000 have more athletes? Its simple probabilty :ugeek:

I agree with you if there is a huge difference in number. But I still think that facilities, equipment, amount of coaches (to work more one-on-one with players) have a huge impact on the building of a program.

I agree with you if there is a huge difference in number. But I still think that facilities, equipment, amount of coaches (to work more one-on-one with players) have a huge impact on the building of a program.

Never said Facilities or coaches didn't impact the success of a programs. Just that Schools size should be the only factor in classification like it is in every other state for public schools.

Never said Facilities or coaches didn't impact the success of a programs. Just that Schools size should be the only factor in classification like it is in every other state for public schools.

Oh, I didn't know we were just talking about classification. Number of students should be the only factor in classification.

Hey Guys,

Good discussion with great points.

keep in mind that not all of those coaches that spend countless hours with the Greeneville players one on one are on the payroll.

Greeneville played way out of there league for many years as far as school size is concerned and that has been a huge factor in why the program is so successful now.

They played schools with 1,100 to 1,500 students having half that many there self and beat them more than not.

If anything, having Greeneville in this conference will make this conference better.

West Greene,m y alma-mater is stepping up to the plate already. Need to get some visitors bleachers though.

just saying

Somebody hit a nerve! Ok let me comment on some things that I think you said in your post (hard to read with all those symbols and periods, I prefer letters).

I hope you are playing to win...

Are greeneville fans really bringing pitchforks?...

Maplewood played in the mud too and you all won, just let it go...

Are you all really way better than last years 15-0 team that set state record for points?

Just wondering

This Saturday, greeneville is going to win!

you couldnt of said it better yes, THIS SAT GREENEVILLE IS GOING TO WIN!!

Hey Guys,

Good discussion with great points.

keep in mind that not all of those coaches that spend countless hours with the Greeneville players one on one are on the payroll.

Greeneville played way out of there league for many years as far as school size is concerned and that has been a huge factor in why the program is so successful now.

They played schools with 1,100 to 1,500 students having half that many there self and beat them more than not.

If anything, having Greeneville in this conference will make this conference better.

West Greene,m y alma-mater is stepping up to the plate already. Need to get some visitors bleachers though.

just saying

County schools are provided with one head coaching supplement and 2 assistant coaches supplements.

As far as the bleachers, WG will take any and all donations! I don't think they have received any calls from anybody wanting to give/build them bleachers. It will take a lot of money to get them, and they are still paying for their much-needed field house they had built.

I hope they can improve their seating situation, just don't see it happening in the short future.