DII Rankings - Pre-Season

ghouse

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach, my apologies for what you consider dissing, I will not mention Tate again.

My son wrestled with your 126 lber in Iowa and I am aware of how good he is and what a nice young man he also is.

My opinion on this match has not changed even from the impressive bio that you have given. You see I happen to think that Mr Watson is the

best rassler in this State .

Good luck this year to The Bros ! Is it ok to think that The Purple Team puts it on y'all by 15?

Bcb iii :flower:

I'll give yeah an AMEN on that on, Bear Cat! BCB :flower: , do you plan on making any trips up our way this season to visit us? I'm looking forward to JB and GM bringing home two golds this year for EFT! Best of luck this year, should be a fun one!

Jw but why doesn't baylor ever go to father Ryan tourney and I wish cbhs went to southeastern prep slam def one of the best tourney and only getting bigger and better

Baylor obviously likes to mix up the events they attend. It isn't really a good thing for the same teams to see each other at the same events time and time again. This would happen if everyone was at all the same tournaments like Father Ryan and SE Prep Slam as you would seem to suggest.

I don't speak for Coach Lewis who chooses CBHS's schedule but I would imagine one reason they won't attend the SE Prep Slam is because according to TSSAA regulations each team is allowed only one trip out of state that is over three hundred miles. For CBHS this season that one trip will be to the Kansas City Wrestling Classic... which I would consider to be a much tougher tournament than the Southeast Prep Slam. That is no knock on the SE Prep Slam, it is getting better but KC has the added advantage of not having all of the same teams that CBHS will wrestle time and time again the rest of the year. Interestingly enough CBHS will not attend the Father Ryan Invitational this year and is instead heading to a dual tournament in MO that weekend and wrestling in the Brentwood Invitational the week after.

Ghouse make a good point about wrestling same teams as you already wrestle... One thing about prep slam is rarely do you have teams from same state wrestle each other unless they keep advancing in tourney... That is interesting that bros won't be at father Ryan this year... Are the bros going to blackhorse.... How is cbhs allowed to go to Hawaii with the tssaa rules as far as distance

Jw but why doesn't baylor ever go to father Ryan tourney and I wish cbhs went to southeastern prep slam def one of the best tourney and only getting bigger and better

No argument that the Prep Slam is a strong tournament and improving. Still not sure there are any top 50 teams participating? Can't blame the Bros for using their one long trip allowed by TSSAA to find even tougher comp at KCI Toshiba Classic (another Flowrestling major). Six nationally ranked teams by Intermat: 10. Bettendorf, IA 17. Allen, TX. 25. Collins Hill GA. 29. Kearney MO. 35. Tuttle, OK 41. Blue Springs MO. 38 teams from ten states; 12 teams placed 1st or 2nd at state year before; 22 teams placed top 5 at state year before; 14 Fargo All-Americans; 36 State Champions; 127 State medalists.

Im pretty sure kiski school is nationally ranked and I'm guessing maybe couple others and some highly ranked national kids as well... As long as your competing in top tournaments doesn't matter where you go.... Should be interesting to see some of the new teams from tn and other states at prep slam... When is the kc tourney???

Im pretty sure kiski school is nationally ranked and I'm guessing maybe couple others and some highly ranked national kids as well... As long as your competing in top tournaments doesn't matter where you go.... Should be interesting to see some of the new teams from tn and other states at prep slam... When is the kc tourney???

Kiski is not in Intermat Top 50 (Fab 50), but may be in other rankings. There are likely some nationally ranked wrestlers at Prep Slam, but not near the difficulty of KC tournament. KC is third weekend in December.

Coach, my apologies for what you consider dissing, I will not mention Tate again.

My son wrestled with your 126 lber in Iowa and I am aware of how good he is and what a nice young man he also is.

My opinion on this match has not changed even from the impressive bio that you have given. You see I happen to think that Mr Watson is the

best rassler in this State .

Good luck this year to The Bros ! Is it ok to think that The Purple Team puts it on y'all by 15?

Bcb iii :flower:

Coming from the west side of the State, we enjoy the underdog role. Should be fun weekend after next at the Cleveland duals!

Kiski is not in Intermat Top 50 (Fab 50), but may be in other rankings. There are likely some nationally ranked wrestlers at Prep Slam, but not near the difficulty of KC tournament. KC is third weekend in December.

Thanks... Well hopefully cbhs will do well as a team.. and yes west tn never gets any credit... I'm guessing u r a cbhs parent

Yes it will be interesting to see what coach Lewis brings to the Cleveland duals & Blackhorse this weekend. As far as Cleveland & with no CH there this year ...TN may snag top spot... HOW LONG HAS THAT HAPPENED,,, Al Miller coach in the old dome?

As far as bcb's favorite red team wrestler, I must agree Bo Watson's nephew is the most dominate in-state wrestler.

It will be interesting also to see the overall 2011-12 comparison of not only Tate, but Kaleb and the other big purple transfer Mr. Hooker.

I was looking at that tournament in Mn that Baylor goes to. Wow!

According to Win magazine the #1 St. Eds-ohio, #3 brandon -Fl, #5 St parish graham-ohio, # 6 Clovis Mn , #7 Carl Sandburgh -Il, # 9 Christiansburg Va, # 12 Apple valley mn, #13 Simley Mn . 6 of the top 10 teams in the Country with a bunch more in the top 50.