9AAA Off Season Thread

TheRealTruth

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a large group of kids who left Beech for JPII three years ago. They will be seniors next year. In the three years they've been at JPII they are 6-27 in football and 10-40 in basketball. Athletically, not sure that was a good move.

Lets be honest. With JPII competing with Ensworth, MBA, Brentwood Aca not too mention Father Ryan, they will never have the financial backing needed to get to that level. You can only live off of the Golden Tate legacy so long.

Lets be honest. With JPII competing with Ensworth, MBA, Brentwood Aca not too mention Father Ryan, they will never have the financial backing needed to get to that level. You can only live off of the Golden Tate legacy so long.

GWAVE1, much respect for ya but the Golden Tate thing you mention reminds me of the GHS fans with living the legacy of the past glory days of the Wave. In fact,the Golden Tate thing is alot more recent. As far as next year goes I agree with you on that Beech should be favored. I think MJ, GHS, HHS, and SC all will be battling for the #2 spot. MJ loses ALOT of people. The trenches is where I think it's won at and MJ loses almost everyone on both sides of the ball. Should make for an interesting season next year. Alot of question marks for most teams.

Big Congrats to Denzell Armstrong on becoming 9-AAA Defensive Player of the Year!

Most well deserved award for this young man. A starter since his sophomore year, Denzell will always be noted for his jaw dropping hits that he laid on the opposition. Hopefully he will get a good scholarship offer. Whomever the lucky team is will be getting a fantastic football player and young man. Good luck Denzell and thank you for always having that killer instinct and great pride in your school and town. It was a pleasure to watch you play ball!!

Big Congrats to Denzell Armstrong on becoming 9-AAA Defensive Player of the Year!

Most well deserved award for this young man. A starter since his sophomore year, Denzell will always be noted for his jaw dropping hits that he laid on the opposition. Hopefully he will get a good scholarship offer. Whomever the lucky team is will be getting a fantastic football player and young man. Good luck Denzell and thank you for always having that killer instinct and great pride in your school and town. It was a pleasure to watch you play ball!!

He will be greatly missed as well as other all-district performers, Seniors: Maurice Box, Janairo Perry, LaMarcus Douglas, Junior: Corey Deboe, and Sophmore: Clay Carnes. Great job guys!!!

Edited by TheRealTruth

GWAVE1, much respect for ya but the Golden Tate thing you mention reminds me of the GHS fans with living the legacy of the past glory days of the Wave. In fact,the Golden Tate thing is alot more recent. As far as next year goes I agree with you on that Beech should be favored. I think MJ, GHS, HHS, and SC all will be battling for the #2 spot. MJ loses ALOT of people. The trenches is where I think it's won at and MJ loses almost everyone on both sides of the ball. Should make for an interesting season next year. Alot of question marks for most teams.

Gallatin used to have 1800-1900 students (aka MJ) to pull from. Gallatin is now a town divided. With 1300-1400 at the 5A level, they still compete well and should rise again. It is funny of you to mention Gallatin's legacy and past glory days. I guess it is hard to mention anything of titles and glory days in Mt. Juliet. You are right about next year. Beech will be favored, however, I do see Mt. Juliet battling in the top 2 spots next year. Still much talent at skill positions. I think all of 5A is a question mark. 6A has more answers.