LA vs Smith co

lyonheart

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't believe the parents at Smith County will EVER FEEL or ACT the way the parents at LA did last year. They LOVE it when good role models teach and take care of their children! They are use to it. Parents at Smith County don"t fuss if their children get to play or not. they want them to be a part of something special that they can remember for their rest of their lives. I would guess if you ask the former players at LA they would probably feel like the Smith County Families feel about Coach Melton (all, not just players). Great job Coach Melton, Coach Hackett and the players. Smith County is VERY PROUD of you!!!!!!!!

Well, I am not going to sit here and not say anything. If I become half the coach that Coach Melton is, I feel like I will be fine. Coach has done a lot of things for me and I am truly grateful. That is why I shook his hand and hugged him pre-game, and I wish his team the best. Congratulations to LA on the win. Coach Miller's team should be fine all season long, but I agree that SC could clip a lot of people, including LA, by the end of the year.

Well, I am not going to sit here and not say anything. If I become half the coach that Coach Melton is, I feel like I will be fine. Coach has done a lot of things for me and I am truly grateful. That is why I shook his hand and hugged him pre-game, and I wish his team the best. Congratulations to LA on the win. Coach Miller's team should be fine all season long, but I agree that SC could clip a lot of people, including LA, by the end of the year.

:popcorneater:

I deeply apologize for the things I have said here on coacht over the past few months. I let something that was said to me years ago about a part of my family control a part of my life. Instead of forgiving and forgeting, I allowed the problem to grow. I guess looking for a way to get even. That is not the Christian thing to do. I have not been a good example to my family and others and I am embarassed by my actions here on coacht. To those that I have offended, I ask your forgiveness and your prayers on my behalf.

Keven

I deeply apologize for the things I have said here on coacht over the past few months. I let something that was said to me years ago about a part of my family control a part of my life. Instead of forgiving and forgeting, I allowed the problem to grow. I guess looking for a way to get even. That is not the Christian thing to do. I have not been a good example to my family and others and I am embarassed by my actions here on coacht. To those that I have offended, I ask your forgiveness and your prayers on my behalf.

Keven

Good post. Not many people would get on here (most of the time caught up in saying worse things) and apologize. Something should be said for that.

Commendable post MtDewMan. It's unbelievable how insane a few people got in Overton County about LA boys basketball. I'm so glad Coach Melton is doing well in Carthage. Sometimes people have to move on. For some reason, a few Overton County school board members were very persistent in their efforts to rid OC of the winningest coach at LA. And he's a good man, no matter how those board members and director of schools have tried to slander his name. Did they ever stop to think that they were ridding LA of a good teacher too? There is SOOOOO much more to the story as to why Coach Melton was trying to instill some discipline on the LA team last year when a few parents, apparently even some of his family, decided he no longer wanted to win, didn't love the kids anymore, and was mistreating them, and that it was time for him to go. But even after half this town tried to ruin his career and spread rumors about him having affairs with various people, Coach still left quietly and still tried to protect the reputations of the kids he was trying to protect and discipline.

But LA parents lost it. They never tried to do the right thing and help him do what needed to be done. It seemed their only concern was playing time or something else really selfish. It probably wasn't all of them, but there is a time to stand up for what's right instead of going along with a corrupt system. Some day when these kids are out of school and look back on their underachievements, these same parents may have to deal with their own kids resentment for not standing up for what was right. And no matter how any reader here tries to spin this into something horrible he did, that will be a lie and it will always be wrong. I'm not sure if Coach Melton would ever hear it, but there are many more people, Keven, and they know who they are, who should step up and do the right thing about this situation. People get so wrapped up in a stupid sport that they are blinded by the fact that their statements, rumors, and insecurities about people such as Coach Melton, who sacrificed so mucgh to help their kids, affected more than their kids playing time (or whatever stupid reason they thought they had for running him off).

Did any of these so-called Christians ever stop and think, even if they were okay with trying to ruin Coach Melton, about how all of this would and did affect his wife and kids? When you think about it in those terms, it kinda makes beating Jackson County not seem like an earth-shattering event, huh? I'm sure Coach Melton made mistakes and isn't perfect, but show me a MAN or WOMAN who is. And then show me another local coach that worked harder or whose players liked them more.

LA parents who jumped on the corrupt political machine's bandwagon need to stop and think about whats best for their kids in the long term, not just what seems like it for the next two quarters. Based on how they act at games, they will probably never make the ammends that need to be made. But they should. The MACHINE has NO interest in the betterment of Overton County kids. NONE. Look at the decisions that have been made in the last couple of years. Jealousy is a horrible thing.

Let me reiterate the fact that just because you don't agree with what I've written here, you won't change the truth. Lets all think of trying to do the right things. Lets all think about the fact that our kids need discipline and we'll be very lucky to have a teacher and coach work with them who's willing to do the RIGHT thing for them, even if it's not the popular thing. I hope I'm lucky enough for my kids to have a teacher/coach who is willing to sacrifice himself for their well-being. And lets not forget how slander and bandwagoning affects people, in this case Coach Melton and his wife and kids.

One last thing............ GOOOOOOOO OOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is good to see that Coach Melton is doing so well. I also think he handled what happened to him in Overton County with a lot of class. Coach Melton tried to set a good example for his players and guide them in the right direction. Considering all the false information that was spread by others, the board, and the director, I don't think anyone could have carried themselves in a better fashion. The director and board of Overton County could learn a thing or two from Coach Melton on how to be a role model. The director should be ashamed of his actions and some of the false things he has said about Coach Melton in the past as our children know more about what is going on around them than what we some times give them credit for. You would think that someone in that position wouldn't be so naive to not think people are watching and listening to everything he says or does.

Livingston didn't look as strong as I thought they would, but it is still early in the season. I think the next match-up with these two teams will be another good one. I would think that Livingston probably doesn't want to meet Smith County in the post-season. I would say that the district ends up with LA, SC, & Upperman all being some where in the top 3.

Best of luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

Yes, this was my first post and probably my last. I just felt the need to say something as I can't stand to see things such as this going on so close to home.