Dresden Lions 2012

hogheaven

Hope the "new" coach is currently on the coaching staff. I am proud to see how much the community stepped up this season and I hope it is something we continue to see. It's hard to play for a team with no support so don't just show up when they win show up to let them know you are behind them no matter what. I can't wait till August.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way you can go 15-0, you will get a bye in the first round if you go 10-0 in the regular season. The best you can do is go 14-0, but that won't happen because you'll get stomped again once you play a team from the east. West Tennessee football must be super weak in 2A! A 13-1 record for the year wouldn't be bad though. The East will prob be down next year, but I think they will still win it all. I see Boyd representing the East. Both us and Trousdale lose a lot from this years teams and I think Boyd only had like 7 seniors. Good luck next year, whatever y'all do, make sure your line gets better. That's where games are won and lost and evidence of that is what happened yesterday.

Not really sure why you are even on this board. This is not a board about FCS. Why don't you take your private school self to an East Tennessee board since you seem to like it so much.

Not really sure why you are even on this board. This is not a board about FCS. Why don't you take your private school self to an East Tennessee board since you seem to like it so much.

You'll Always Have A Proud Few Who Wanna Gloat For Months...I'm Sure Some dresden fans Would Do The Same...I Know I Would :roflolk:

Hope the "new" coach is currently on the coaching staff. I am proud to see how much the community stepped up this season and I hope it is something we continue to see. It's hard to play for a team with no support so don't just show up when they win show up to let them know you are behind them no matter what. I can't wait till August.

Amen! I know we're preaching to the choir on here but I saw some people in Cookeville that I haven't seen since graduating from DHS 14 yr. ago. It's great that they were there to support the boys but they deserve our support all year. I hope the excitement from this year continues into next year. They will need us behinf them 110% beginning in week 0! Go Lions!

There is no way you can go 15-0, you will get a bye in the first round if you go 10-0 in the regular season. The best you can do is go 14-0, but that won't happen because you'll get stomped again once you play a team from the east. West Tennessee football must be super weak in 2A! A 13-1 record for the year wouldn't be bad though. The East will prob be down next year, but I think they will still win it all. I see Boyd representing the East. Both us and Trousdale lose a lot from this years teams and I think Boyd only had like 7 seniors. Good luck next year, whatever y'all do, make sure your line gets better. That's where games are won and lost and evidence of that is what happened yesterday.

You can bet Boyd wont leave next years game to be decided by the refs........

Edited by ysoangry

If the new coach isn't currently on the coaching staff whoever makes that decision is a moron. I can think of three coaches that started at Dresden right about the time we made the change to a decient football program. I'm not a rocket scientist but anyone can see the direct correlation with this turn around. :mrgreen:

If the new coach isn't currently on the coaching staff whoever makes that decision is a moron. I can think of three coaches that started at Dresden right about the time we made the change to a decient football program. I'm not a rocket scientist but anyone can see the direct correlation with this turn around. :mrgreen:

ysoangry,you are sooooooo right! If they don't do whatever it takes to keep both Hodges and Gomes we will take so many steps back we might have another couple of years where we will be 1-19. I played football for 4 years at Dresden and have supported it for the last 25 years and I can promise you we have never had any coaching staff as good as we do now.I have seen several teams in the past with more talent but none with the Heart and dedication these boys have shown this year.It comes from buying in to the programs these coaches have brought to our football program.The kids play hard because they know the coaches are dedicated to this program just as much as the players are.To whom it may concern don't set our program back 10 years by letting these coaches slip away!!Go Lions!!