2012 Preseason 6A Top 10

AllRegion

This is the saddest day of the year for me...the day HS football is over and we have to wait until August for another game! Let's hear your thoughts on who next year's contenders will be for 6A

My Top Ten:

1. Maryville

2. Siegel

3. Whitehaven

4. Dobyns-Bennett

5. Riverdale

6. Millington

7. Mt. Juliet

8. Oakland

9. Farragut

10.Oak Ridge

This is the saddest day of the year for me...the day HS football is over and we have to wait until August for another game! Let's hear your thoughts on who next year's contenders will be for 6A

My Top Ten:

1. Maryville

2. Siegel

3. Whitehaven

4. Dobyns-Bennett

5. Riverdale

6. Millington

7. Mt. Juliet

8. Oakland

9. Farragut

10.Oak Ridge

DB WILL WIN THROUGH THE SEASON BUT CHOKE IN THE PLAYOFFS - THEY NEED A CHANGIN OF THE GUARD UP THERE HES A DECENT COACH BUT TO OLD SCHOOL AND WITH THE BACKING THIS TEAM GETS FROM THE CITY OF KINGSPORT THEY SHOULD BE AT THE TOP THEY ARE LIGHT YEARS BEHIND THE KINGS FROM MARYVILLE

im curious why you feel Millington would be in this list? We have some good backs returning and up and coming but we will be young. Im not sold yet on next yrs team. Remember the name Antonio Webber... He should be putting up some big numbers. This group of kids who will be seniors won the 9th grade county championship just losing one game to collierville. So yes they could be the top in the county system but then again everyone changes physically and play different from 3 yrs back. Cant wait though!

I'll give my thoughts on the three teams you guys have mentioned:

Siegel- The Stars are my darkhorse team for next year, and I can see them making a lot of noise in 7AAA and in the playoffs. They were much improved this year, and I think they'll be even better next year. They've got an excellent quarterback who's a playmaker, and 2012 is looking like a good year for them.

Dobyns-Bennett- Even with the playoff collapse this season, the Indians were still a very good football team. Next year's team looks like another solid group, especially with Swafford still in the mix. Does this mean they'll make it any further in the postseason? Maybe, maybe not.

Millington- They were really strong this year, and even though the Trojans will lose a good amount from this team, I expect their young players to step up next year. Just because they'll be a little young, doesn't mean they're not talented, as I'm sure you know. I also expect them to get better as the year goes on.

I'll give my thoughts on the three teams you guys have mentioned:

Siegel- The Stars are my darkhorse team for next year, and I can see them making a lot of noise in 7AAA and in the playoffs. They were much improved this year, and I think they'll be even better next year. They've got an excellent quarterback who's a playmaker, and 2012 is looking like a good year for them.

Dobyns-Bennett- Even with the playoff collapse this season, the Indians were still a very good football team. Next year's team looks like another solid group, especially with Swafford still in the mix. Does this mean they'll make it any further in the postseason? Maybe, maybe not.

Millington- They were really strong this year, and even though the Trojans will lose a good amount from this team, I expect their young players to step up next year. Just because they'll be a little young, doesn't mean they're not talented, as I'm sure you know. I also expect them to get better as the year goes on.

Oak Ridge fan here of course. I think we have the potential to be a top 5 team, and better then Farragut. But, only on paper. I think next years OR Murvil game may be better then these past few years. Could be wrong, but we will see!

Oak Ridge fan here of course. I think we have the potential to be a top 5 team, and better then Farragut. But, only on paper. I think next years OR Murvil game may be better then these past few years. Could be wrong, but we will see!

I think Oak Ridge has a lot of potential to be a very good team next year, Sweet. The only thing that concerns me is having to replace an excellent three-year starter at quarterback. Do you guys already have someone waiting in the wings?

I think Oak Ridge has a lot of potential to be a very good team next year, Sweet. The only thing that concerns me is having to replace an excellent three-year starter at quarterback. Do you guys already have someone waiting in the wings?

Yeah, we have somebody, just hope he plays up to his abilities, cause he has a lot of talent. If he pans out, he reminds me of Adrian Porter who played for OR in the early 2000's a really good QB back then...Zulliger is gonna be missed, but to be honest he threw a lot of interceptions at bad times for OR in those 3 years, and had possibly the worst game of his career against Riverdale. He never dramatically improved from one year to the next. Take nothing away from him though, cause he owns our school passing records, but a lot of that has to do with how long he started and how much we passed compared to past years. We have generally been known as a smashmouth running team. Zulliger was good, and had a lot of heart, but i think the guy i am talking about has more potential and is more athletic. Zulli had great heart and was a good player, nothing but praise for him besides the things i mentioned.

Yeah, we have somebody, just hope he plays up to his abilities, cause he has a lot of talent. If he pans out, he reminds me of Adrian Porter who played for OR in the early 2000's a really good QB back then...Zulliger is gonna be missed, but to be honest he threw a lot of interceptions at bad times for OR in those 3 years, and had possibly the worst game of his career against Riverdale. He never dramatically improved from one year to the next. Take nothing away from him though, cause he owns our school passing records, but a lot of that has to do with how long he started and how much we passed compared to past years. We have generally been known as a smashmouth running team. Zulliger was good, and had a lot of heart, but i think the guy i am talking about has more potential and is more athletic. Zulli had great heart and was a good player, nothing but praise for him besides the things i mentioned.

Yep. Zulli will be missed alright. A lot of the seniors will be missed. Especially the offensive line. It had a lot of good kids that were seniors - Crane, Flowers and Wesh. They worked hard all year and continued to get better. It is a shame they all had to end their careers like that. When zulliger got hurt again on their second drive of game, it kind of hurt their offense for the night.... After the Powell game when his kidney was bruised, seems like he never really recovered... we had that game, if........

Clary said he missed the Career Total Offense record by about 100 yards.....

Also need to mention they had a few great senior players on defense too. Jarnigan and Williams were great on line, Ingham was special. He came up with some big plays all year!!! He and Hull were three year starters as well.

As for next year, they will be inexperienced at QB, but with Hall and Moore in backfield, they will do just fine. They will have some very experienced receivers in Wheeler and Gray - both started as sophomores I think. If Gray gets aggressive, colleges will be all over him! Coach Younger always gets the line going and there are a few younger guys there that will be the big leaders next year - Ramsey. AND Normand will be back!

Maybe some college prospects in the bunch. I think they will play with Maryville and Farragut better next year, just because I expect both those programs to be down a bit. Powell will be down for awhile. OR will be back on very top soon. They are getting there. The coaches are bringing OR back to where we used to be. It's GREAT!!

Anyone know if any of this years seniors are getting any serious looks?

Yep. Zulli will be missed alright. A lot of the seniors will be missed. Especially the offensive line. It had a lot of good kids that were seniors - Crane, Flowers and Wesh. They worked hard all year and continued to get better. It is a shame they all had to end their careers like that. When zulliger got hurt again on their second drive of game, it kind of hurt their offense for the night.... After the Powell game when his kidney was bruised, seems like he never really recovered... we had that game, if........

Clary said he missed the Career Total Offense record by about 100 yards.....

Also need to mention they had a few great senior players on defense too. Jarnigan and Williams were great on line, Ingham was special. He came up with some big plays all year!!! He and Hull were three year starters as well.

As for next year, they will be inexperienced at QB, but with Hall and Moore in backfield, they will do just fine. They will have some very experienced receivers in Wheeler and Gray - both started as sophomores I think. If Gray gets aggressive, colleges will be all over him! Coach Younger always gets the line going and there are a few younger guys there that will be the big leaders next year - Ramsey. AND Normand will be back!

Maybe some college prospects in the bunch. I think they will play with Maryville and Farragut better next year, just because I expect both those programs to be down a bit. Powell will be down for awhile. OR will be back on very top soon. They are getting there. The coaches are bringing OR back to where we used to be. It's GREAT!!

Anyone know if any of this years seniors are getting any serious looks?

I am like you, if Rashad Gray really knew the talent he possesses he could be dangerous. He showed glimpses of it last year. The guy is 6'3 and 185-190 Lbs with LOOOONG strides. Colleges LOVE guys that size. I honestly don't think he knows what kind of talent he has. Hopefully the coaches can bring it all out of him by the end of next year. If he had a killer instinct mentality, watch out! I wish Normand was just a bit bigger and faster, if he was he would be getting some looks as a safetyu. I would hate to go over the middle with him at SS lol If Chris Ramsey #64 was a little taller i could see him being a prospect, but unfortunately he is only about 6' tall i think.

Edited by SweetScience

im curious why you feel Millington would be in this list? We have some good backs returning and up and coming but we will be young. Im not sold yet on next yrs team. Remember the name Antonio Webber... He should be putting up some big numbers. This group of kids who will be seniors won the 9th grade county championship just losing one game to collierville. So yes they could be the top in the county system but then again everyone changes physically and play different from 3 yrs back. Cant wait though!

Most of our d is back as well as a lot of skill players. O- line is where we will need work. I agree on Webber.But we have a super weight program so who knows about the big ones.