Clarkrange/Clay Co.

onthego

Yes, of course it was the refs fault that CC lost. Every time they lose it will be the refs fault if you're from CC. In truth (something rare at this site), CC should have won this ballgame. CR played eratic until the fourth. They seemed to be running around on defense like puppies loose in the yard. Before the fourth I think they were about 1 out of 10 from the 3 point line. CC took advantage of that and kept a nice lead throughout the game. Losing Ogelthorpe had little to do with CC losing the game. She was basically a non factor throughout. The one play that cost them the game in regulation was Roach trying to drive and make a layup with 30 sec on the clock and a three point lead. She should have held onto the ball and forced CR to foul which they would have to have done. Instead she missed the layup, CR rebounded and came down the court for the three to tie the game at the end of regulation. In OT it was all CR. CC was done and fell apart in OT after not closing out the game in regulation.

Clay County is very good and well coached. They just made a few mistakes that cost them the game and I am sure they will learn from them. Roach and Cooper are their best players and I'll go on record in saying Roach is the best player in the district. They need better play from their point but they are tough. Clarkrange was lucky to have won this game given the three quarters of sloppy, lazy play. When they picked up their defense they began to click but they have to come out playing that hard from the jump. Right now Coach Rogers is experimenting with his starting line up and had a new one last night but these girls just don't show the intensity that is the Clarkrange brand. After the game the CC girls were crying. That loss hurt them. I seriously doubt that any Clarkrange girl would have shed a tear had the outcome been different. I don't see the heart, the passion, or the want to in the Clarkrange team.

I agree Crange has done that every game so far this season, start out sloppy and play lazy ball. i haven't figured it out yet, but i totally agree, the heart, passion and want to is not there like it was in the past seasons. I think a bad season might be what is needed to wake them up.. Its early maybe things will change, but they can't continue this level of play at the beginning of a game... Just waiting to see. If clay plays jackson like they did crange it will be a big upset for jc.

Edited by zonedefence

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, of course it was the refs fault that CC lost. Every time they lose it will be the refs fault if you're from CC. In truth (something rare at this site), CC should have won this ballgame. CR played eratic until the fourth. They seemed to be running around on defense like puppies loose in the yard. Before the fourth I think they were about 1 out of 10 from the 3 point line. CC took advantage of that and kept a nice lead throughout the game. Losing Ogelthorpe had little to do with CC losing the game. She was basically a non factor throughout. The one play that cost them the game in regulation was Roach trying to drive and make a layup with 30 sec on the clock and a three point lead. She should have held onto the ball and forced CR to foul which they would have to have done. Instead she missed the layup, CR rebounded and came down the court for the three to tie the game at the end of regulation. In OT it was all CR. CC was done and fell apart in OT after not closing out the game in regulation.

Clay County is very good and well coached. They just made a few mistakes that cost them the game and I am sure they will learn from them. Roach and Cooper are their best players and I'll go on record in saying Roach is the best player in the district. They need better play from their point but they are tough. Clarkrange was lucky to have won this game given the three quarters of sloppy, lazy play. When they picked up their defense they began to click but they have to come out playing that hard from the jump. Right now Coach Rogers is experimenting with his starting line up and had a new one last night but these girls just don't show the intensity that is the Clarkrange brand. After the game the CC girls were crying. That loss hurt them. I seriously doubt that any Clarkrange girl would have shed a tear had the outcome been different. I don't see the heart, the passion, or the want to in the Clarkrange team.

Well coached that's a laugh-er. If they had one then maybe Roach wouldn't have taken that shot. It's funny that you say CR played sloppy and lazy for 3 and a half quarters. Think maybe the Clay Co. girls might have had a little something to do with that ??? Don't give those girls any credit at all. They played the game without a coach. So just go ahead thinking that as sorry as your girls played Clay still couldn't beat you all since CR is the best thing since sliced bread. LOL Sims ought to be arrested for impersonating a coach.

Simms coached a good game considering clarkrange took out two of celinas defensive players both with knee injuries. And if anyone is concerned the doctor can feel ogletrees acl so it might be partial tear or meniscus tear, if she returns it will be after christmas. She got her mri done today and will know more friday. Hatcher is out for three weeks with strained tendents and thats if the mri looks good. I hate it for these two girls and the players on the team, they wasnt upset about the game they was upset about the injuries. Hopefully both will return healthy!

I hope the girls from CC are going to be alright but to imply that any player on the CR team intentionally hurt either of them is extremely childish on your part but then again, you are from Clay County where "class" is something you go to in school. CC is a very good team don't tarnish them with those comments. It's in bad taste and certainly shows no sportsmanship.

Edited by Hardcourt

Well coached that's a laugh-er. If they had one then maybe Roach wouldn't have taken that shot. It's funny that you say CR played sloppy and lazy for 3 and a half quarters. Think maybe the Clay Co. girls might have had a little something to do with that ??? Don't give those girls any credit at all. They played the game without a coach. So just go ahead thinking that as sorry as your girls played Clay still couldn't beat you all since CR is the best thing since sliced bread. LOL Sims ought to be arrested for impersonating a coach.

Maybe you should take the "chaw" out of your mouth and try some coaching yourself. Coach Simms didn't need to take a time out with a three point lead and 30 sec left in the game. Sidney Roach is not a freshman, she's played a game or two. I am sure the CC coach was just as surprised as everyone else when she decided to try and drive in for a layup. CR didn't start playing until the fourth quarter and OT. Prior to that they were just hanging around.

Edited by Hardcourt

Maybe you should take the "chaw" out of your mouth and try some coaching yourself. Coach Simms didn't need to take a time out with a three point lead and 30 sec left in the game. Sidney Roach is not a freshman, she's played a game or two. I am sure the CC coach was just as surprised as everyone else when she decided to try and drive in for a layup. CR didn't start playing until the fourth quarter and OT. Prior to that they were just hanging around.

First of all its Sydney not Sidney,and I would put her up against any player in the district, she played out her-----. Clay County is far a better team than Clarkrange. Ogletree going down made all the difference in the world in that game. Dickens did not do anything with Ogletree on her.You can live in your fantadsy basketball world on the range if you were at the game you know who the better team is. You want to talk about class what about the lady who stood up and looked at the upper section of that hot gym and said i got a wedgy she had Dickens on the back of her shirt, so i would not mention class if I were you. These two will meet again at Clay, if all is healthy Clay can show who the better team is

And brag all you want about how clarkrange did not start playing until the fourth well that might be because Ogletree and Hatcher on the bench with knee injuries, Allie Brown on the bench 5 fouls, Cooper playing with 4 fouls, so yeah I guess maybe you did not start playing until the fourth

First of all its Sydney not Sidney,and I would put her up against any player in the district, she played out her-----. Clay County is far a better team than Clarkrange. Ogletree going down made all the difference in the world in that game. Dickens did not do anything with Ogletree on her.You can live in your fantadsy basketball world on the range if you were at the game you know who the better team is. You want to talk about class what about the lady who stood up and looked at the upper section of that hot gym and said i got a wedgy she had Dickens on the back of her shirt, so i would not mention class if I were you. These two will meet again at Clay, if all is healthy Clay can show who the better team is

I understand that comprehension of the English language is difficult for you but considering your upbringing I am not surprised. Your first sentence is unlegible and makes no sense but again, I'm sure your neck is a deep hue of red. I have already stated that CC should have won the game but they are certainly not a far better team than CR. If they were they would have won wouldn't they. But, they didn't, they lost. A far better team doesn't give up a ten point lead. A far better team doesn't fall completely apart in OT. A far better team wins. CC blew the game, CR just turned up their game in the fourth and in OT and secured the win. And again, since you can't read, I've already stated that I believe Sidney, Sydney or whoever Roach is the best player in the district. Also, I certainly did not intend to imply that the fans of CR were any classier than anywhere else. There are plenty of bad sports and enough "hee haw" nonsense going on in everyone's stands and yes, the person you mentioned is one of the ring leaders.

So, let me state again for the "reading is fundamental" group. Clay County should have won the game but they blew it. It had nothing to do with injuries, the refs, the coach, god, the fans, the hot gym, karma, or anything else. They couldn't adjust to Clarkrange picking up their game in the fourth quarter and they fell apart in OT turning the ball over and panicking. They lost, get over it. I am sure that when next these two teams meet in CC, Clay County will not fall apart if the game gets close and if Clarkrange doesn't start to play with some emotion and better attitudes, they will have a decent but not great season.

Edited by Hardcourt

Wish I could be their coach. I promise the outcome would have been different. But I never said I could coach but I know I could have done better than what was shown the other night. Even the big boys call time outs to set up plays.

Did you even watch the game ??? Clay had already lost 2 girls to injury 1 fouled out another starter had 4 and your telling me he didn't need to call a time out. Clay lost all their inside game ..that's why CR started playing ball nothing else. It's bad when you only play 5 girls the whole game and when something like this happens your asking a girl to come off the bench and play lights out. The girls that came in have very little PT with Sims because he knows nothing. You know that's why a good coach uses his bench to give the starters a rest or maybe one of them might match-up better than the ones in there. What ever the case Sims lost the game not the kids.

And another thing.. the whole CR team , everyone in the gym that knows anything about ball knows who is going to take the shot ROACH. I mean the starters were all on the bench with Sims. All CR has to do is keep her from getting the ball. DUH Maybe I shouldn't say that Sims knows nothing about the game, but he could at least try and impersonate a coach instead of just sitting there like a knot on a log. GOOD GOSH at least go down swinging. I can name several coaches that would have loved to be in that situation guarantee they would have at least tried to stop the bleeding.

Guess what upsets me so bad is that he just sat there and let CR win the game. And it's not life or death it's just a game. There are several more important things in life than ball, but if your gonna play the game at least try to win or why even play and keep score.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Wish I could be their coach. I promise the outcome would have been different. But I never said I could coach but I know I could have done better than what was shown the other night. Even the big boys call time outs to set up plays.

Did you even watch the game ??? Clay had already lost 2 girls to injury 1 fouled out another starter had 4 and your telling me he didn't need to call a time out. Clay lost all their inside game ..that's why CR started playing ball nothing else. It's bad when you only play 5 girls the whole game and when something like this happens your asking a girl to come off the bench and play lights out. The girls that came in have very little PT with Sims because he knows nothing. You know that's why a good coach uses his bench to give the starters a rest or maybe one of them might match-up better than the ones in there. What ever the case Sims lost the game not the kids.

And another thing.. the whole CR team , everyone in the gym that knows anything about ball knows who is going to take the shot ROACH. I mean the starters were all on the bench with Sims. All CR has to do is keep her from getting the ball. DUH Maybe I shouldn't say that Sims knows nothing about the game, but he could at least try and impersonate a coach instead of just sitting there like a knot on a log. GOOD GOSH at least go down swinging. I can name several coaches that would have loved to be in that situation guarantee they would have at least tried to stop the bleeding.

Guess what upsets me so bad is that he just sat there and let CR win the game. And it's not life or death it's just a game. There are several more important things in life than ball, but if your gonna play the game at least try to win or why even play and keep score.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but if you were to be honest you would see that CR missed every three pointer they attempted before the fourth quarter, all of which were uncontested. It wasn't great defense that forced those misses, they just couldn't throw it in the ocean. The three's brought CR back not inside play where the injuries hurt CC. Once CR started making the three's, one of which tied the game at 47, CC started falling apart. Second guessing and talking about could'a, should'a, would'a, is always easy. I am sure Coach Sims felt secure in having the ball in the hands of Roach with a three point lead and less than 30 seconds left in the game. Who wouldn't? And, to be honest, Roach would make that easy shot nine out of ten times but she missed and the rest you know about. All of this is why they play the game. Whining about injuries, refs, and coaching might make you feel better but it won't change the score.

Edited by Hardcourt

Roach was fouled on the shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not going to bring that up but you mentioned her missing that shot. Clay is far the better team, but now that's my opinion.Put Clarkranges two starters on the bench and one with 4 fouls beginning of the 3rd, I guess Clarkrange would still win. I do not think so.You say it was C-Ranges outside game that won I agree with that but after ogletrees injury Clays game was not the same.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but if you were to be honest you would see that CR missed every three pointer they attempted before the fourth quarter, all of which were uncontested. It wasn't great defense that forced those misses, they just couldn't throw it in the ocean. The three's brought CR back not inside play where the injuries hurt CC. Once CR started making the three's, one of which tied the game at 47, CC started falling apart. Second guessing and talking about could'a, should'a, would'a, is always easy. I am sure Coach Sims felt secure in having the ball in the hands of Roach with a three point lead and less than 30 seconds left in the game. Who wouldn't? And, to be honest, Roach would make that easy shot nine out of ten times but she missed and the rest you know about. All of this is why they play the game. Whining about injuries, refs, and coaching might make you feel better but it won't change the score.

RC I am surprised you went to this game and not to watch LA play, I guess Crange may have been a tad closer for you to drive...

As far as coaching goes I believe Sims was a great coach before he give it up the first time around. Times changes and coaches have to change with it, so is he as good of a coach now as he was before. I have no idea because i've only seen Clay County play 2 or 3 times since he's been back. From reading these posts I am shocked with how the game turned out. Clay County was leading and out playing Clarkrange for most of the game at Clarkrange. In Clarkrange that is a hard thing for any team to be able to do. In 2006 when our girls went to the state tournament we beat Clarkrange 2 out of 3 with those games never being in jeopardy for us, but at Clarkrange our girls got it handed to them in a game that was never as close as the score indicated, Clarkrange dominated the entire game. They always find someway to win at home. As I said i'm shocked because from reading these posts Clarkrange was flat out dominated from start to almost finish. You win some and you lose some and good teams expects to win at home and that is what Clarkrange did. I agree with RC that you have to call a time out in that sitiuation. They may be seniors who have a lot of experience in these situations, but they are still 17 or 18 year old girls under pressure and can easily get riled up, calm them down.