Ralph Potter Resigns

nike7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to Coach Potter and his family. I am a Brentwood Academy graduate with deep passion for the school. I'm not an insider with the football program, but Coach Potter represented BA well in public. I wish him the best at McCallie. Anyone who chooses to criticize the man, whether they're making fair points or not, would be well-served to remember that he and his family are enduring a very difficult time. I'm sure there are legitimate points to be made, but I hope they're done respectfully.

Wes, very true. Thanks for the reminder!

I hope MBA can bring back Coach E, and Coach Redmond.

Prefer they stay on Granny White. Coach E is the best of the best.

Here is my suggestion....BA should hire a AD first, I'd suggest BA current teacher and former Texas basketball and track athlete, Dr.René Rochester.

http://www.drrene.net/ She would perfect for the job.

Then promote Coach E to head coach while keeping his defensive coordinator position, promote current assistant coach Jason Mathews to offensive coordinator. Then add a QB coach and special teams coach.

There that should do it!

Edited by shakinthefat

I'm sure the process will be long and carefully thought out. I've heard from some people that the Potters are not leaving without causing a stir. For whatever reasons Potter chose to leave what is done is done. If they are holding some form of resentment towards BA my suggestion would be that they go ahead and transfer after the holidays. Both McCallie and Ba need to get on and look to the future and make their schools what they need to be.

Edited by oldbigredman

On the point of BA being like Alabama when Bear left, I understand where some of you would sense that, considering that a few posters on here with obvious BA ties have called for BA to bring Carlton back. Sounds similar to a die hard Bama fan for sure. However, that is not the consensus of most BA fans. Coach Flatt is a legend, but he's not what we need. We welcome a new direction and future, while honoring the past.

Bingo. It's time to move forward.

This is the type of person that BA is producing:

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/nas/2011/12/05-26/Tuani-has-loomed-large-for-Navy-football.html?ne=1

Jabaree Tuani will play his last game as a Midshipman this weekend against Army...He will go down as one of the greatest DL ever to play at the Academy. BA should be proud of this alumnus.

I'm posting from the game... BA alumnus Jabaree Tuani has a recovered fumble, sack, and caused fumble in the first half.

Edited by big red big blue

You go from saying you have no idea what values McCallie embraces to insinuating they must not be up to BA's standards. Sometimes, silence is golden, especially if you do not have the knowledge to stand behind what you type as an anonymous poster on a site like this. I don't know anything about BA, so I don't comment on BA like I do know.....would be a good rule for others to follow with schools outside of their knowledge sphere.

No, I am not insinuating that McCallie's standards are lower....just trying defend BA's values since Potter seems to think that McCallie is more apt to making boys leaders and the values there are more in line with his. What do you think we thought about what he said?

Plus I do know....been in both places.

I think gofans was taking a dig at McCallie. After reading Potter's comments he was really taking digs at BA. Uncalled for.

No, I was not taking digs at McCallie at all!!! Sorry it sounded that way. The statements that Potter said in the paper about McCallie making boys into leaders and the values there being more in line with his seemed to be a dig to BA.

The more I think about the way my son and the other players have been treated the madder I get. I was merely responding to his quote to the paper.

McCallie and their boys are fine people. My son's both have best friends that were there. We are still close to many families although we chose to come here when the time was right.

I'm posting from the game... BA alumnus Jabaree Tuani has a recovered fumble, sack, and caused fumble in the first half.

Watched the first part of the game (from home). It was fun to see Jabaree as one of the captains for Navy, shaking hands with the President prior to the coin toss! Great to see. Congratulations to both Jabaree and Mason Graham who finished their football careers with the Mid-Shipmen today and will now serve their country.

Watched the first part of the game (from home). It was fun to see Jabaree as one of the captains for Navy, shaking hands with the President prior to the coin toss! Great to see. Congratulations to both Jabaree and Mason Graham who finished their football careers with the Mid-Shipmen today and will now serve their country.

what great young men. while we do not know jararee and his family, we are good friends with the grahams. the grahams are both outstanding people and must feel so proud to have raised a son like mason. jabaree falls into the exact same category

If you are really interested in seeing why we have issues, just take a few minutes to study this… Go to youtube.com and type in Brentwood Academy football. Watch the BA videos and answer these questions… Why was Joshua Pleasant not used more his senior year?? Why was Derek King barely used his senior year on offense, considering his speed?? What about an electrifying player like Weldon Garlington? Why were D1 prospects like Amos Mason and Woody Barron not used on both sides of the ball at all times, when considering putting your best eleven on the field? You guys ask the questions I have missed, there are many more..

Edited by baeagles1982