Wayne Co vs Summertown

hooplove

Should be an interesting matchup in the Boro. Stown coming off a tight win at home against PC (minus Tucker), and WC coming off back to wins against Adamsville and Clifton Mon and Tues. Fortunately for WC, Rice, Mathis, and Powell got a little pt mon and tues which hopefully will help them fri night. Even though WC is just gettin the football guys back, I think their size and athleticsm can give stown some trouble in this early season matchup......enough to get the W? idk, but we shall see! Go CATS! :thumb:

And just a complaint on the scheduling.....why don't they schedule district play for football schools til after the new year?? Clifton and Stown should be the only district games before Cmas!! Big break for a perennial district contender like Stown...just sayin. :angry:

Should be an interesting matchup in the Boro. Stown coming off a tight win at home against PC (minus Tucker), and WC coming off back to wins against Adamsville and Clifton Mon and Tues. Fortunately for WC, Rice, Mathis, and Powell got a little pt mon and tues which hopefully will help them fri night. Even though WC is just gettin the football guys back, I think their size and athleticsm can give stown some trouble in this early season matchup......enough to get the W? idk, but we shall see! Go CATS! :thumb:

And just a complaint on the scheduling.....why don't they schedule district play for football schools til after the new year?? Clifton and Stown should be the only district games before Cmas!! Big break for a perennial district contender like Stown...just sayin. :angry:

I agree totally with you.....just look at what it did to PC. They still haven't gotten Tucker back because of football and S'town has had plenty of time to prepare as WC and PC have been in the football playoffs.

Since it's in the Boro, I'll prolly make this game. It's hard to miss the S'town games. They are usually really good games!

Summertown will win by 6. Chard will redeem himself from his shooting performance against WC last year. Good luck to both!

Gonna have to shoot over A. Rice this year....something he didn't have to do last season. unfortunately, A. Rice is not in b'ball shape....definitely a difference between f'ball and b'ball shape.....of course he prolly helped that cause a little running away from those South Pitt defenders so much last Friday!! :thumb:

should be a good game.

And let's hope during the girls halftime that they recognize the Football team by bringing them on the court with that gold ball!!! And then let's make sure we do it against Cwood and PC too!!!! Oh and can we please get a late add of South Pitt to the basketball schedule this season!!! :mrgreen: Who knows when we'll get to raise another gold football!?

Edited by hooplove

Summertown will win by 6. Chard will redeem himself from his shooting performance against WC last year. Good luck to both!

If you are a Stown fan then you aren't saying much for your team by only saying 6. WC is no where near being at the top of their game. Probably 2 starters just got out of football and have not really scratched the floor good yet (rusty) and a couple of subs are the same way. Stown has been playing for several weeks or months now so they should be really hitting on all cogs. If Stown is only 6 points better now, then they will not even be close later on in the season.

If you are a Stown fan then you aren't saying much for your team by only saying 6. WC is no where near being at the top of their game. Probably 2 starters just got out of football and have not really scratched the floor good yet (rusty) and a couple of subs are the same way. Stown has been playing for several weeks or months now so they should be really hitting on all cogs. If Stown is only 6 points better now, then they will not even be close later on in the season.

I am not a Summertown fan. I'm stating my opinion from watching both teams in the past. WC is extremely scrappy, which could give Summertown trouble. I just assume it will be closer than people will expect. I mean, it is a rivalry game.

I don't see Stown blowing anyone of quality out this year. It not the style they can play with this team. Defense and lower scores will keep all games close for Stown to win. Could I see Stown blown out Sure! Games could get away from them if they don't play the defense as they should. You want see any double digit blow out expected with the quality opponents they will play.

Even though it was a close game to half....you just had the feel WC could take control anytime.....and that's exactly what they did the 3rd qtr....19-2 I think it was.....they came out of the locker room super agressive and pounded it down low very nicely in the 3rd....it was up to a 21 point lead pretty early in the 4th and ended up 16. Wayne Co was very scrappy tonight and were by far the more physical team. It wasn't always pretty but WC played super hard and the defensive pressure game stown trouble. Peyton and Austin didn't look to bad for their 1st week back....just need to get their conditioning back on track. Melson played really well tonight on the low block. Willard played at least 10 guys...maybe more. Glad we were able to pick up this first W against them so early after football. Should be a fun year! Go CATS! :thumb:

Oh and glad we recognzied the football team.....but geez.....halftime of the boys game when about 10-12 football players were in the locker room???? There were more cheerleaders on the floor than fball players....that was pretty much a bonehead move on whoever made that decision. Hope they'll do it again.

With this years edition of the Eagles, I believe the story of the season will be keeping the bigs out of foul trouble and controlling the paint and boards. Against LCHS, I thought we got away with being very undisciplined and careless....the Eagles will not be able to do that aainst decent teams that have a good low post presence