Pickett County Coming On Strong

bobcatfan300

have things changed that much in three weeks

To be honest I have no clue...

I still think Clay is the team to beat in that district, they finished in the same place last year and ended up in the state tournament... :thumb:

I really have no preference as to who wins the tournament, I just say what I think and who I think will do what. I do, however, hope who does come out of the region goes as far as they possibly can after it. :thumb:

Pickett is now the team from first to worst. JC doesn't have the talent of the other three but they sure have the coach. He always has his team ready. He's gotten so much out of them. Pickett looked confused and listless the last 2 games. Last night when Trevor Copeland came into the game, he came in with enthusiasm and fired the team up and they came from 24 down to 12 down, but then the coach pulled him out and haulted the momentum. By the time he went back in it was too late. He certainly showed what attitude can do. Everyone was right when they said PC would suffer because of the inexperienced coach. Why would he change the starting lineup from the one which won the district to a new lineup? I have never seen a Pickett Co. team play like this...sure every team has off nights but never like this team. They look like all their confidance is gone now. The teams in the lower bracket have a much easier route to the substate than the upper ones.

Pickett is now the team from first to worst. JC doesn't have the talent of the other three but they sure have the coach. He always has his team ready. He's gotten so much out of them. Pickett looked confused and listless the last 2 games. Last night when Trevor Copeland came into the game, he came in with enthusiasm and fired the team up and they came from 24 down to 12 down, but then the coach pulled him out and haulted the momentum. By the time he went back in it was too late. He certainly showed what attitude can do. Everyone was right when they said PC would suffer because of the inexperienced coach. Why would he change the starting lineup from the one which won the district to a new lineup? I have never seen a Pickett Co. team play like this...sure every team has off nights but never like this team. They look like all their confidance is gone now. The teams in the lower bracket have a much easier route to the substate than the upper ones.

I disagree with you on part of this post, Jackson County has just as much talent as any team in the district! Ethan Kirby is a beast down low and is the best post player by far in the district. Then you have McDowell, Goad and Leonard who are all very athletic and really hustle all game long. Brent Davidson, who is a TRUE sophomore has gotten better all year long and is a big presence on defense. You add Jonathon Brown, and Jordan Allen off the bench and you have a solid core of kids that really want to win! "Want to" makes up for alot of mistakes and thats what i see is the difference this year. Coach Flynn has done an excellent job at bringing this team along after a rough part of the schedule that featured several tough AA and AAA teams in it. He definitely deserves alot more credit than he gets thats for sure. Pickett got a break when the private school lost last night and even though they haven't beaten Watertown this year i do think they have an outside shot at winning this game and i have even picked them to win it but they will have to play with the same intensity they had when they were making their run last night, not come out flat like they have their last two games. Good luck to all the 7A teams on saturday!

Edited by devilfanatic

I disagree with you on part of this post, Jackson County has just as much talent as any team in the district! Ethan Kirby is a beast down low and is the best post player by far in the district. Then you have McDowell, Goad and Leonard who are all very athletic and really hustle all game long. Brent Davidson, who is a TRUE sophomore has gotten better all year long and is a big presence on defense. You add Jonathon Brown, and Jordan Allen off the bench and you have a solid core of kids that really want to win! "Want to" makes up for alot of mistakes and thats what i see is the difference this year. Coach Flynn has done an excellent job at bringing this team along after a rough part of the schedule that featured several tough AA and AAA teams in it. He definitely deserves alot more credit than he gets thats for sure. Pickett got a break when the private school lost last night and even though they haven't beaten Watertown this year i do think they have an outside shot at winning this game and i have even picked them to win it but they will have to play with the same intensity they had when they were making their run last night, not come out flat like they have their last two games. Good luck to all the 7A teams on saturday!

Pickett only lost to Friendship by 6 so I don't see the break other than after 3 losses maybe the coach can figure out a plan to beat Watertown.

Pickett only lost to Friendship by 6 so I don't see the break other than after 3 losses maybe the coach can figure out a plan to beat Watertown.

FCS is a better team than when you all faced them in December, Clay aslo beat them by 10 points and then look what happened the next time those 2 met up. FCS WAS suppose to win 8a, but didn't. Look for them to be fired up. Maybe you guys can get over the hump and pick a win up against Watertown this year...Good luck to you all, I hope you all do well! :thumb: