Oak Ridge vs Anderson Co

moosegranny

I wanted everyone to know that Anderson County was not told they had to go out the side door. They were given the option. I know because I am the one that gave them the option. They opted to go out the side door. As for Rian, he is a respectable young man. Bottom line the game should have never gotten out of hand and if the refs had taken control this would not have happened. I am disappointed it went this far. I don't blame Rian for wanting to protect his mom in the heat of the moment but I also understand the rules. The other player from AC that was involved in the dispute with Rian should have also gotten ejected but didn't. And as far as the coach goes for Oak Ridge he is the best. He is the one that got Rian to the locker room. People need to realize things got way out of hand due to the fact the refs were not doing their job.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moose, I saw the game. It was a game that got away from the refs. I also saw the foul on Rian. The AC kid wrapped him up and they fell to ground with the AC player not letting go of Rian until they hit the ground. Then Rian went crazy!!! They called a foul and he shouldve just shot the free throws, no need to eject either player at this point. But when Rian got up and wanted to fight instead of shoot the free throws he should have been ejected, not the other one. And for your so called coach, Hes a CHUMP!!! Has the worst reputation I know of in this area. Refs, coaches, and even alot of his owns fans cant stand his constant WHINING!! I also saw where he tried to rub it in on AC and has lost a kid in Schoffner that was going to have a fantasic year. You dont call timeout and draw up a play for an alleyoop dunk during a blowout!! PERIOD!! As a result he has hurt a nice player because he wanted to send a louder message. This thing had died down but if you want to discuss this on here I think you will find alot of people feel this way about your coach and his players.

I wanted everyone to know that Anderson County was not told they had to go out the side door. They were given the option. I know because I am the one that gave them the option. They opted to go out the side door. As for Rian, he is a respectable young man. Bottom line the game should have never gotten out of hand and if the refs had taken control this would not have happened. I am disappointed it went this far. I don't blame Rian for wanting to protect his mom in the heat of the moment but I also understand the rules. The other player from AC that was involved in the dispute with Rian should have also gotten ejected but didn't. And as far as the coach goes for Oak Ridge he is the best. He is the one that got Rian to the locker room. People need to realize things got way out of hand due to the fact the refs were not doing their job.

[/quote

It has died down here but not everywhere. I just wanted to set it straight about the team going out the side door. As for our Coach we have a great coach and I have been to every game since he took over and actually for 17 yrs and I have not heard one of our fans or any of the kids talk bad about him. I know all the kids and they like him. As for the one that got hurt he will be back possibly this Friday. Everybody has their own version of the story.

I guess you arent going to respond to the "low rent" tactic of rubbing AC nose it with the timeout and injury to the kid are you? And if you can defend this you are just a blind Wildcat that wants to win at all cost. This couldve started another fight. Great coaches dont do that.

Carolina Crazy,

Im new to this, have read these for a long time and haven't responed but for some reason, now seems to be the time.

The foul that you speak of, the AC player did hold on to Rian all the way to the floor and did sling him off once on the ground. I have watched this replay several times so I know this to be fact, I am assuming you have not watched the film since you have made several incorrect statements.

Rian lost his cool, he has been punished harshly, and I think we should stop talking about high school kids like they are professional athletes. They are still teenagers, so in the interest of class, I would hope everyone would stop typing on here like they can't read what your saying about them.

The fact that Schoffner is a great kid and player is where the accuracy of your statement ends concerning the dunk. The play was the inbound for the beginning of the fourth quarter, not some play that he developed in his evil mind to rub in a butt kickin'. It's an inbound play that they used the entire year last year. You should watch the game before you get on a message board and puke opinions like they are fact.

Coach Green is vocal with the refs and his players, that's true. To call him a chump is "low rent". Just take your beatings like a man, life goes on.

I said I saw the game. Of course I havent got to see it over and over. I could care less about Rians punishment. I am fine with two games or an entire season, doesnt matter to me. I was responding to mooses post that the Ac player shouldve been ejected and I disagrred with that. I stand by my Opinion that Green is a Chump Though. Also we will take our beatings and move on but remember what goes around comes around.

I said I saw the game. Of course I havent got to see it over and over. I could care less about Rians punishment. I am fine with two games or an entire season, doesnt matter to me. I was responding to mooses post that the Ac player shouldve been ejected and I disagrred with that. I stand by my Opinion that Green is a Chump Though. Also we will take our beatings and move on but remember what goes around comes around.

You also made false accusations about coach Green calling a timeout to set the dunk that offended you so. It was the beginning of the quarter and a play they always run.

If your hoping the "comes around" is coming from AC, it could happen, not likely though in basketball. Football, maybe, but its going to take more than a fireworks show for that as well.

Edited by shank

As stated before, coach did NOT call a time out to set up that play. Beginning of the quarter. For all we know Shoffner may have been begging for the dunk.The running clock in football and basketball makes me sick, but not as much as fans saying a team or coach should back off because they are winning big. Its this sense of we are all the same and we should ALL get a trophy, lollipops, and ice cream after the game that has made a whole generation so soft. Don't beat me too bad or I may develop low self esteem. Winners and losers in every game and in life.

Edited by OR nole

As stated before, coach did NOT call a time out to set up that play. Beginning of the quarter. For all we know Shoffner may have been begging for the dunk.The running clock in football and basketball makes me sick, but not as much as fans saying a team or coach should back off because they are winning big. Its this sense of we are all the same and we should ALL get a trophy, lollipops, and ice cream after the game that has made a whole generation so soft. Don't beat me too bad or I may develop low self esteem. Winners and losers in every game and in life.

It is funny to me to hear any AC fan complain about poor sportsmanship...have you ever been to a baseball game up on that hill? Listened to that PA guy? Talk about a chump? AC folks should, as stated already, shut up and take their beatings. You are getting what you deserve this year and it does come around doesn't it.

Carolina Crazy,

Im new to this, have read these for a long time and haven't responed but for some reason, now seems to be the time.

The foul that you speak of, the AC player did hold on to Rian all the way to the floor and did sling him off once on the ground. I have watched this replay several times so I know this to be fact, I am assuming you have not watched the film since you have made several incorrect statements.

Rian lost his cool, he has been punished harshly, and I think we should stop talking about high school kids like they are professional athletes. They are still teenagers, so in the interest of class, I would hope everyone would stop typing on here like they can't read what your saying about them.

The fact that Schoffner is a great kid and player is where the accuracy of your statement ends concerning the dunk. The play was the inbound for the beginning of the fourth quarter, not some play that he developed in his evil mind to rub in a butt kickin'. It's an inbound play that they used the entire year last year. You should watch the game before you get on a message board and puke opinions like they are fact.

Coach Green is vocal with the refs and his players, that's true. To call him a chump is "low rent". Just take your beatings like a man, life goes on.

I agree with your post. Coach Green did not set up a dunk. How do you know he told him to dunk. Were you sitting with the team listening to the coach. Usually when a kid dunks he does it on his own not by coaches orders. Coach Green was not rubbing the score in. He had his bench in a lot. Oak Ridge is just a great team and will continue to be with all the depth he has. Rian maybe out but it takes a team to win and OR has a team