White House Heritage

WHH

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the team looking at WHH? Will the spring scrimmage with Stewart Co still happen with them having a coaching change?

I have not heard much regarding the team this year. Spring football is almost here and we will see for ourselves soon. Not sure about the Stewart County scrimmage either. If I hear something I will let you know.

Christian Reid and Devin Wright will be the main offensive weapons this year. Though everyone dogs the guy out, he is going to have to play every position. I also heard that 6'5 monster Evan Allison is coming back along with the all star third basemen Logan Piercefield. This team DOES NOT have anyone on the line for them.

Christian Reid and Devin Wright will be the main offensive weapons this year. Though everyone dogs the guy out, he is going to have to play every position. I also heard that 6'5 monster Evan Allison is coming back along with the all star third basemen Logan Piercefield. This team DOES NOT have anyone on the line for them.

I think Coach Brown wants to pound the ball this year. I see Turner and Howard getting lots of carries to wear out the defense.

Edited by WHH

I think Coach Brown wants to pound the ball this year. I see Turner and Howard getting lots of carries to wear out the defense.

Thats great if you have a big bulky line to back that up. But they will not have that line this year. Plus Howard can be a really strong runner. I can tell by the way he takes the qbs arms off on the handoff. But he needs to run like that every down and he will be good. But i think if Brown wants to win he is going to have to rely on his skill guys like 10a said and let Reid scamper pass and catch some if he can and especially get the ball to Wright.

Thats great if you have a big bulky line to back that up. But they will not have that line this year. Plus Howard can be a really strong runner. I can tell by the way he takes the qbs arms off on the handoff. But he needs to run like that every down and he will be good. But i think if Brown wants to win he is going to have to rely on his skill guys like 10a said and let Reid scamper pass and catch some if he can and especially get the ball to Wright.

I am not a coach but here is the way I look at it....With Turner and Howard (Both Big Backs and well over 200 lbs) If you continue to pound the ball the other coach is going to be forced into loading the box with helps Reid tremendously for passing opportunities. I agree that Wright should get the ball. I just see us spreading the ball around to more people this year besides handing off to Joe 25 times per game....Thats not a knock on the coaches or Joe (He was a outstanding RB and I would have done the same) I like Reid at QB and think he can make alot happen with his arm and legs but he needs to "breathe" back there. I feel that he isnt patient enough sometimes with his reads and needs to keep his eyes downfield more. He usually scrambles out of the pocket with the first sign of pressure...Nothing wrong with that but he has the athletisism to be able to keep his eyes doqwnfield looking for a receiver or back...He just doesnt do it. Once he learns to do that this team will be alot better. Just looking forward to football....I think the coaches have a good group of guys that will put the work in to make the team as successful as possible.

I am not a coach but here is the way I look at it....With Turner and Howard (Both Big Backs and well over 200 lbs) If you continue to pound the ball the other coach is going to be forced into loading the box with helps Reid tremendously for passing opportunities. I agree that Wright should get the ball. I just see us spreading the ball around to more people this year besides handing off to Joe 25 times per game....Thats not a knock on the coaches or Joe (He was a outstanding RB and I would have done the same) I like Reid at QB and think he can make alot happen with his arm and legs but he needs to "breathe" back there. I feel that he isnt patient enough sometimes with his reads and needs to keep his eyes downfield more. He usually scrambles out of the pocket with the first sign of pressure...Nothing wrong with that but he has the athletisism to be able to keep his eyes doqwnfield looking for a receiver or back...He just doesnt do it. Once he learns to do that this team will be alot better. Just looking forward to football....I think the coaches have a good group of guys that will put the work in to make the team as successful as possible.

I see what you are saying but do you think that Reyes is a way better qb than Reid? Or should Reid still be starting?

I will let the coaches make that decision. Your thoughts?

Reyes will be the qb i actually know personally that they did not like it when Reid was back there because they said he threw to many interceptions and ran too much. The guy is selfish in football ( and also basketball he ball hogs too). But Reyes can throw about 65 to 70 yards and thats all you need just put Reid out at receiver to block and maybe run once or twice. I just know that number 24 for Heritage said that he would rather have Reyes back at qb after the Greenbriar game.