Macon County Football 2012

It is official. Coach Pemberton turned in his resignation today to the director of schools at about 1:45 P.M. Macon County is in the hunt for a new football coach. I wish Coach Pemberton well at his new job in Brentwood.

Are they going to try and hire within the program, or are they going to go out and try to bring someone new in?

Actually you could take those 4 teams and have some competitive football games. Cannon County and Warren County are week, but what would you consider Greenbrier? Greenbrier only won the 2 games they did because they played another 0-10 team and played a lower class team. If Greenbrier played the same schedule Cannon and Warren played I gaurantee you that you would see similar results from Greenbrier. Upperman and White County would beat Greenbrier by double digits. I would put Upperman and White County up against Jo Byrns, Sycamore and Westmoreland and that would make for fun football games. Jo Byrns is a 6-5 playoff team, but put them in a class where they play AAA and they may win 2 games. Sycamore isn't a bad team, but half of their wins came against Greenbrier (2-10) Westmoreland (3-7) Ezell Harding (4-6). When they played Goodpasture they got beat pretty bad, and met up with White House 2 different times and got pretty badly 2 different times.

no,no,buddy don't take back water.here is your post from which i am talking about.and at no point do you say this years greenbrrier team.you swanson go on to say if greenbrier played the same schedule as cannon and warren county,that there would be simlar results. are you kidding me.look it up!so now after info was gathered.you want to change it to last years team.read your post. and like i said before even last years greenbrier team would beat the socks off the teams you refer to.

Actually you make no sense whatsoever, what part of LAST YEAR do you not understand or comprehend! I never said Greenbrier didn't have a good program, but LAST YEAR they weren't a very good football team. I absolutely could careless about what Greenbrier did prior to 2011 because it had no relevence in the argument we were having. Greenbrier is traditionally a pretty good program, but so is York but it doesn't take away from the fact that neither team did well LAST YEAR. My theory was LAST YEAR, not 2 years ago or 10 years ago, but LAST YEAR Macon and Smith's strength of schedule wasn't far off from each others.

here my friends is an example of a change in heart and mind,after pure facts are seen.

no,no,buddy don't take back water.here is your post from which i am talking about.and at no point do you say this years greenbrrier team.you swanson go on to say if greenbrier played the same schedule as cannon and warren county,that there would be simlar results. are you kidding me.look it up!so now after info was gathered.you want to change it to last years team.read your post. and like i said before even last years greenbrier team would beat the socks off the teams you refer to.

I'm going to break "The post you were talking about" down for you:

"Greenbrier only won the 2 games they did because they played another 0-10 team and played a lower class team." In 2011 Greenbrier beat an 0-10 Portland team and White House Heritage(A 2a team which happens to be a lower class team) which is the only 2 wins they had last year.

"Jo Byrns is a 6-5 playoff team" - In 2011 Jo Byrns just so happen to be a 6-5 playoff team

"Sycamore isn't a bad team, but half of their wins came against Greenbrier (2-10) Westmoreland (3-7) Ezell Harding (4-6)." - It just so happen 3 of the 6 games Sycamore won in 2011, which is half their wins, came against Westmoreland, Ezell Harding, and Greenbreir and it just so happened that in 2011 Greenbreir went 2-10, Ezell went 4-6, and Westmoreland went 3-7.

"When they (Sycamore) played Goodpasture they got beat pretty bad, and met up with White House 2 different times and got (beat) pretty badly 2 different times."- In 2011 Goodpasture beat Sycamore 42-7 which to me is pretty bad, and also lost to White House twice 47-21 and 29-6 in 2011 which seems to be pretty badly as well.

In case you don't comprehend that fully, that entire post and the teams in it you are "talking about" refered back to 2011. Since I used records, teams they played. etc. that was in 2011 I shouldn't have had to specify because anyone smart enough should have figured it out on their own. If Greenbrier played the same schedule Warren County and Cannon County did they would probably go 0-10. Warren County is a 5a school playing in a 5a schedule. Greenbrier was a 2-8 3a school, so are you actually dumb enough to believe they would do as bad? I didn't have a change of heart because I still stand by my original statement when I say Smith and Macon's strength of schedule was about even.

Edited by swanson71

Swanson didn't take back water. Swanson is a good one and clearly states what he thinks.

Guest Termite

No one up here has offered any SC coaches squat. But they just keep sending those resumes. :flower:

"NO ONE UP HERE HAS OFFERED ANY SC COACHES SQUAT".

Well, see , there's another problem you have right there.

You just lost a coach that was being paid almost 6 figures to coach. I guess now your trying to get them for FREE. :roflol:

Edited by Termite

"NO ONE UP HERE HAS OFFERED ANY SC COACHES SQUAT".

Well, see , there's another problem you have right there.

You just lost a coach that was being paid almost 6 figures to coach. I guess now your trying to get them for FREE. :roflol:

We aint trying to get any from Carthage, but they just keep sending those resumes. :flower: