Henry County Patriots 2012

RedSwarm10

Did I call the shot on classification or what? Close vote (5-4)...six classes...the reason I know this stuff is that I am a retired coach of thirty years (haven't said that in a while)

good to hear that quote. NOW it really is football season. My job has had me out of the loop. Tell me please. Did Henry move up or stay in 5A with the Jackets???

Edited by TheCommissioner

good to hear that quote. NOW it really is football season. My job has had me out of the loop. Tell me please. Did Henry move up or stay in 5A with the Jackets???

For the 2012 season we will still be 5A. Beyond that is where it gets fuzzy.

We won't know until enrollment numbers come out in September. It's all about where the cut off number between 5A and 6A will be, and we won't know for sure until we know the enrollments of everyone. When the current system was put in place in 2009, Henry Co. was one of the largest schools in 5A (literally right below the cutoff number). Our enrollment has likely dwindled somewhat since then, but there's still a possibility of us ending up in 6A beginning in 2013.

That's also when they will decide the district setups for 2013-2016, which raises another interesting topic. I'm wondering how this will affect our district. From what I've heard, Northeast and (I believe) West Creek both have 4A enrollments and could move down, but I'm not sure if they will want to do that or remain in their current spot with the other Clarksville schools due to the traveling advantage it offers them. I believe that's the only reason they're playing in AAA to begin with. If our district does stay intact for the most part, I wouldn't mind having 1 or 2 less teams. Our district is too big. However, I'm not expecting it. I believe the school system in Clarksville will likely want them to play up.

Edited by MSURacer

Thanks olddevil...now the big question remains...will we stay a big 5A or become a small 6A?

It will be what it will be. No point in fretting over that point. We have in the past played with the big boys and did OK (semifinals in1992 and with just a little luck(or no bad luck) could have made it to the Clinic Bowl)

GO BIG RED

It will be what it will be. No point in fretting over that point. We have in the past played with the big boys and did OK (semifinals in1992 and with just a little luck(or no bad luck) could have made it to the Clinic Bowl)

GO BIG RED

That whole stretch from 1991-1996 was a pretty dang good one.

The story of Monday"s 7 on 7 with Dresden and Obion County was a mixed bag. It is hard to tell,with 50 or so kids going in and out, how good anyone was.Our short passing game looked pretty good but the deep game needs some polish.Part of the problem could have been that our best deep threat wasn't dressed out due to a minor injury.Since much of our passing game is off play action and the opponents linebackers were running out in pass coverage and not honoring the fake, the middle was always clogged. Our running game would be pretty good if all our opponents did that in real games.The defense showed promise with several interceptions but we also were stung several times with long bombs.Since the opposing QBs were under no pressure they sometimes stood for 5 to 6 seconds in the pocket before throwing. In a real game situation that isn't going to be possible most of the time.Storm(IMO the best athlete on the field) and Colton both made some nice throws and a few bad ones.Probably 10 or more different Patriots made at least one catch.

GO BIG RED

The Robertson County Commissioner says CONGRATS Prez. You will be a wonderful Dad

Commish....THank you, Butchie, and HCFan for the well wishes on our new baby girl!! As most would have figured, prior to her arrival, someone has already given her a "HC Patriots" outfit....she's already told me that she's looking forward to her first season of Big Red football!!

Commish....THank you, Butchie, and HCFan for the well wishes on our new baby girl!! As most would have figured, prior to her arrival, someone has already given her a "HC Patriots" outfit....she's already told me that she's looking forward to her first season of Big Red football!!

Congrats Prez!

The story of Monday"s 7 on 7 with Dresden and Obion County was a mixed bag. It is hard to tell,with 50 or so kids going in and out, how good anyone was.Our short passing game looked pretty good but the deep game needs some polish.Part of the problem could have been that our best deep threat wasn't dressed out due to a minor injury.Since much of our passing game is off play action and the opponents linebackers were running out in pass coverage and not honoring the fake, the middle was always clogged. Our running game would be pretty good if all our opponents did that in real games.The defense showed promise with several interceptions but we also were stung several times with long bombs.Since the opposing QBs were under no pressure they sometimes stood for 5 to 6 seconds in the pocket before throwing. In a real game situation that isn't going to be possible most of the time.Storm(IMO the best athlete on the field) and Colton both made some nice throws and a few bad ones.Probably 10 or more different Patriots made at least one catch.

GO BIG RED

This is a lot more realistic then the assessment given on Dresden page.

Not all Dresden fans were quite as excited as the Rev. When playing Trenton in spring ball our QB's had 1.5 seconds to get rid of the ball before getting their heads ripped from their torso. Like stated above when given 5 or 6 seconds our QB's are capable of great things but thats not how it normally works. Henry County will be fine, or so it looked to me.