District 3-AAA (Powell, OakRidge, A.C., etc...

ET1979

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any thoughts on how good the teams in District 3-AAA will be. How do you think they will do, who is comming back, and who will over or under achieve.

Oak Ridge should be the favorite. I will go ahead and name who is coming back for Oak Ridge since i am a fan of them. On offense we have 6 starters coming back on offense. On defense we have 6 or 7 starters coming back. All in all we have about 13 players coming back off of a Quarterfinal team, so we should be the favorite going into the 2012 season. Powell is losing a lot, not sure who have they coming into fill them spots. AC will be improved, but i dont know how improved, cause they were pretty bad last year to be blunt.

Oak Ridge should be the favorite. I will go ahead and name who is coming back for Oak Ridge since i am a fan of them. On offense we have 6 starters coming back on offense. On defense we have 6 or 7 starters coming back. All in all we have about 13 players coming back off of a Quarterfinal team, so we should be the favorite going into the 2012 season. Powell is losing a lot, not sure who have they coming into fill them spots. AC will be improved, but i dont know how improved, cause they were pretty bad last year to be blunt.

OR is the prohibitive favorite for sure. The rest of the district is more interesting in the sense of where they'll shake out. I would have thought Central would have been much better this past year. I think they're on the cusp of some good things in the very near future. I had thought that HVA was getting Aaron Blance since he'd enrolled there but on another thread there is speculation that he's trying to get back to Webb. That would hurt with the loss of Eskridge. Karns lost some senior talent and I think they'll be down from this year. Powell does have to replace some irreplaceable players so they're a big unknown. AC lost some good ones but I expect the defense will be shored up and they'll make some noise for the top slot among the 5A teams. Okay, that leaves Halls and Campbell County as the cellar dwellers. No offense to them, but I see them there for a while. CC lost a good QB in Tuffy Shoupe (dude, I love that name). Halls lost a couple of very good players in Brown and Long and I don't see them being easily replaced on what was a 1-9 team.

Edited by Moronicus

Ac will be all jr and sr next year. 85 percent of these guys started 11 games. The other 15 percent played alot. A few sophmores, but not the 9 that started last year. Yes, SS we were pretty bad. Thanks for your opinion. These guys are looking to get a bad taste out of their mouths. I expect we will be very much improved. Spring practice cant start soon enough.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ac will be all jr and sr next year. 85 percent of these guys started 11 games. The other 15 percent played alot. A few sophmores, but not the 9 that started last year. Yes, SS we were pretty bad. Thanks for your opinion. These guys are looking to get a bad taste out of their mouths. I expect we will be very much improved. Spring practice cant start soon enough.

Sorry AC22, just call it like i see it man, no hard feelings. If it makes you feel any better, we were really BAD against Riverdale, in fact almost horrible lol. So, don't feel too bad. AC can be a lot better then they were this year, we will just see. Just can't see them being a favorite or even past the 1st round type playoff team or anything like that with how they were this past year, but we will see. Just never know. I do wish them the best, excpet against us, as always haha.

I have to disagree with you a bit 22. You were very nearly 7-3 -- should have beaten Grace and Karns. It's really a matter of perception. If you'd been 7-3, then would you have said you were bad? Powell and OR were just that good. Nothing to be ashamed of. I do think AC will be good. You just have to look out for Central on the 5A level next year IMO.

Edited by Moronicus

I have to disagree with you a bit 22. You were very nearly 7-3 -- should have beaten Grace and Karns. It's really a matter of perception. If you'd been 7-3, then would you have said you were bad? Powell and OR were just that good. Nothing to be ashamed of. I do think AC will be good. You just have to look out for Central on the 5A level next year IMO.

True, AC wasn't that bad in the early part of the season, but they regressed as the year went on. That kinda lays upon the coaching IMO. And i agree with you, i think Central is starting to turn the corner, their defense was one of the toughest OR played all year i thought.

You are so right Moronicus!!!

The statistics are tale of the tape to a certain degree.. AC really had some strong points in there top games and overall performance. Based on this I would have to think AC will compete for the title next year taking everything into consideration. I think OR will always have an edge on AC just because they are OR but when AC finally does beat and rule OR like OR has done AC then the tide will change. As for all the rest of the district I see a win and lose here and there; like it always is however this coming year, win or lose, will not be anything like last year. Just my opinion based on statistics I can gather.

Sorry Sweet this could be the year!! :)

You are so right Moronicus!!!

The statistics are tale of the tape to a certain degree.. AC really had some strong points in there top games and overall performance. Based on this I would have to think AC will compete for the title next year taking everything into consideration. I think OR will always have an edge on AC just because they are OR but when AC finally does beat and rule OR like OR has done AC then the tide will change. As for all the rest of the district I see a win and lose here and there; like it always is however this coming year, win or lose, will not be anything like last year. Just my opinion based on statistics I can gather.

Sorry Sweet this could be the year!! :)

this may be the year, huh? I have heard that one before lol jk JP..I can see AC beating OR a few times over a period of time, but i don't ever see AC "ruling" Oak Ridge as you say it :)

None of the 3AAA coaches even need to worry about Powell next year. The cupboard is completely bare. They have no players who could start for any other school in the district. Y'all can just not even worry about them - just work on your next opponent the week you play them. You'll just show up and beat them. ;)