TSSAA Needs To Relocate Blue Cross Bowl

pegleg

Most kids would play anywhere for the gold ball. I thought Cookville was great this year and worked out great for the most part. However, the arguments for the quads that we had this year where for travel purpose. The west Tennessee teams had an exteremly long travel, and if the championships were in Knoxville or Memphis the opposite side would suffer. I think families and followers of each school would travel less if they had to drive from one end of the state to the other end especially with the games now being televised. Murfreesboro is in the direct center of Tennessee but MTSU is not easy to get to anymore and very congested. I would say somewhere in Nashville would be the best place because all of the interstates going through there.

I was satisfied with Cookeville as well, but that was a first for me, I think these boys would have been happy playing this one in a cornfield. I think it was somebody from UC that said early in the year that WC played in a cowpasture anyway.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will all go wherever that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) tells us to go. And according to Jet Pride, who knows everything, TTU has already paid off that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way). So TTU it is.:thumb:

You are correct Troll. What worries me is I am starting to agree with more of your posts. In the words of your buddy down the river " you think im joking but im not".

Ok so states like Alabama will alternate between Jordan Hare stadium & Byrant-Denny Stadium but we will just be ok with Tennessee Tech. :thumb:

Florida does theirs in the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, not that it matters. Not to mention the distance, Neyland would probably be too intimidating. It has been a balancing act with central location and facilities.

Edited by rlh

What about Bridgestone Arena? Could it hold a football field. I remember that the Kats played there but it was not a full football field. Its seats enough people to host it, but if its not sold out it would not look "empty". Also, since its inside, the crowd noise would be loud. What an atmosphere. Just a thought.

What about Bridgestone Arena? Could it hold a football field. I remember that the Kats played there but it was not a full football field. Its seats enough people to host it, but if its not sold out it would not look "empty". Also, since its inside, the crowd noise would be loud. What an atmosphere. Just a thought.

Not big enough for a 120 yard field, sideline room, etc.