TSSAA Needs To Relocate Blue Cross Bowl

pegleg

Watching other state's championship games makes the way TSSAA handles our championship games look second rate.

Our kids deserve better and TSSAA should be able to see that,. It looks and sounds as they don't care what we think. Check out the way this is handled in other states, are we that much poorer than they are?

I'm not sure what criteria TSSAA uses to choose the sites but I assure you they do not consider the kids, fans or parents.

Let's hear it. Are you happy with Cookeville? What do you think?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Site to host the championships is put up for bid by TSSAA with the highest bidder winning the prize. I dont think its always been that way but given the direction that its headed in now just wandering whats the next thing they can figure out how to make money off these kids. Talking to our kids they enjoyed the experience this year but I didnt really see that TSSAA making large effort to make it more. I know the chance to win a championship should be what makes this trip special but in the words of Keyshan "come on man" might be the only oppurtunity some of these kids ever get make it enjoyable. Bluecross does a good job IMO

Site to host the championships is put up for bid by TSSAA with the highest bidder winning the prize. I dont think its always been that way but given the direction that its headed in now just wandering whats the next thing they can figure out how to make money off these kids. Talking to our kids they enjoyed the experience this year but I didnt really see that TSSAA making large effort to make it more. I know the chance to win a championship should be what makes this trip special but in the words of Keyshan "come on man" might be the only oppurtunity some of these kids ever get make it enjoyable. Bluecross does a good job IMO

Yes, I'm sure some of the kids are just happy to be there and that's as it should be, but as I said earlier, checking out these championship games in surrounding states you can see major differences.TSSAA is doing a very poor job in my opinion. Tennessee Tech is certainly not a good stadium. I'd like to see an agreement, when Tech's contract expires in 2013, with the Titans, UT or whatever. Anything but Cookeville.

Yes, I'm sure some of the kids are just happy to be there and that's as it should be, but as I said earlier, checking out these championship games in surrounding states you can see major differences.TSSAA is doing a very poor job in my opinion. Tennessee Tech is certainly not a good stadium. I'd like to see an agreement, when Tech's contract expires in 2013, with the Titans, UT or whatever. Anything but Cookeville.

I have not been to any of the title games since it has been moved to Tenntech so I cant really comment on the venue as I have never been there. Having said that, I did really like the venue at MTSU and would not mind if they were to go back there in the futue.....

Yea the game in Cookeville are pretty weak, better over all comradery in Nashville better game atmosphere in MTSU.

As bad as it hurts to say this but i agree with rc213v. Hope that doesn't happen often...

Imagine how excited and pumped up the kids would be if they got a chance, as wildcat99 said, to play LP field

As bad as it hurts to say this but i agree with rc213v. Hope that doesn't happen often...

Imagine how excited and pumped up the kids would be if they got a chance, as wildcat99 said, to play LP field

LP Field would be neat, but it's way too big. MTSU is the most logical, being centrally located. Traffic and getting in and out of Cookeville isn't quite as bad as Murfreesboro though.

Why in the world would you put a championship game in one of the big stadiums in the state and have 8-12 thousand people in it ??...I could understand if Tennesseans supported the state championship games better...8000 people in Neyland Stadium would look, sound and feel ridiculous...Floyd Stadium was too big for crying out loud... :roflol:

Put it back in the Boro. It is geographically the exact center of the state and you can't argue with meeting in the middle. I can't say I was all that unhappy with TTU but would prefer MTSU and I don't feel it's right for the TSSAA to bid off for the playing site. They make enough money as it is with parking fees and the increased admission prices.

Yea the game in Cookeville are pretty weak, better over all comradery in Nashville better game atmosphere in MTSU.

There has NEVER been a better atmosphere than the 5A game on Friday night in Cookeville. If you were not there..then you can't form an "atmosphere" opinion! "Atmosphere" has everything to do with the two teams involved rather than the venue....the teams and communities represented dictate the atmosphere!

Secondly...LP Field will never host the TSSAA State Championships as long as they have a natural playing surface. It simply will not hold up to the pounding of 8 games in 3 days...this friends is a fact.

Next...speaking of surface...look for Vanderbilt to "get back in the mix" next time around when the bidding for this event is reopened. This is item is "high on the list" for the Vanderbilt football program and they will be a "serious contender" when the envelopes are opened!

Cookeville has done a TREMENDOUS job with the State Championships! Their Chamber of Commerce met our every request last week and even followed up to ensure our satisfaction! The citizens we met out in the community were complimentary and very hospitable! They are trully thankful having the rest of the state visit their town to "settle it on the field"! Good luck Cookeville/Putnam County in the next bid process!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Why in the world would you put a championship game in one of the big stadiums in the state and have 8-12 thousand people in it ??...I could understand if Tennesseans supported the state championship games better...8000 people in Neyland Stadium would look, sound and feel ridiculous...Floyd Stadium was too big for crying out loud... :roflol:

Even the 1A games look great in the Georgia Dome. Didn't seem to swallow the crowd at all. Tech 's facilities for the teams is pathetic, especially the dressing rooms. I'm sure they take care of officials but for others it seems second rate. Also the travel is a disadvantage for west teams.