oneida 2012

CleatlessInjun

No one has predicted how next years team will fare. I think the team will be sharp. Lambert has a solid rep as a football coach. Like him/hate him or don't care.....his teams usually do well. I wouldn't expect that to change. It will take the team a while to get into his type of flow, but he has the kind of players at his disposal to do well. If the team maintains their health with no devastating injuries, one would think he can get good mileage out of the team. I would think a 8-2 season is very possible if the team plays to their capabilities. Running the table with no slips would be surprising given the relative quality of their opponents. Of course there are some easy wins there, but there are also certainly games that they can lose if they don't execute or fail to show up.

No one has predicted how next years team will fare. I think the team will be sharp. Lambert has a solid rep as a football coach. Like him/hate him or don't care.....his teams usually do well. I wouldn't expect that to change. It will take the team a while to get into his type of flow, but he has the kind of players at his disposal to do well. If the team maintains their health with no devastating injuries, one would think he can get good mileage out of the team. I would think a 8-2 season is very possible if the team plays to their capabilities. Running the table with no slips would be surprising given the relative quality of their opponents. Of course there are some easy wins there, but there are also certainly games that they can lose if they don't execute or fail to show up.

honestly....who really has a good chance to beat you with that much experience and upper classmen on the team. I really do not see anyone on your schedule that should this year. just my opinion as much as it pains me to say it.

honestly....who really has a good chance to beat you with that much experience and upper classmen on the team. I really do not see anyone on your schedule that should this year. just my opinion as much as it pains me to say it.

I agree Polarsloth,they could slip up and lose a game,but I would pick Oneida as the favorites in all 10 games.

100%, not sand bagging...I think Coalfield has a decent chance to beat Oneida. Coalfield works extremely hard in the off season. I have seen it the last two years in middle school. Also, Coalfield plays with a ton of heart.

I love Oneida and would love to see the Indians get back on the winning side in the district, regardless, Oneida has to get stronger in the weight room and then put together 4 quarters of solid football. No fumbles, missed tackles, missed blocks!

If the Indians just show up and expect to out-athlete teams....They could very well loose to Wartburg and Oliver Springs too.

100%, not sand bagging...I think Coalfield has a decent chance to beat Oneida. Coalfield works extremely hard in the off season. I have seen it the last two years in middle school. Also, Coalfield plays with a ton of heart.

I love Oneida and would love to see the Indians get back on the winning side in the district, regardless, Oneida has to get stronger in the weight room and then put together 4 quarters of solid football. No fumbles, missed tackles, missed blocks!

If the Indians just show up and expect to out-athlete teams....They could very well loose to Wartburg and Oliver Springs too.

That's what I like about you Smash. Call it like you see it. No rose colored glasses here.

Remember us Aug 24 I believe. We host Coalfield so come on up for that meal and special sodie water

I agree Polarsloth,they could slip up and lose a game,but I would pick Oneida as the favorites in all 10 games.

pujo, I am starting to think 10-0 is possible and it could be. I'm hearing some good new coming out of the weight room, especially with running backs and recievers.

I think the biggest hurdle is just mentally being commited to every play and every game. The Hampton game was great for Oneida, the Coalfield game was a disaster.

I really thought the juniors last year would step up but the team never really came together like a machine.

If I were TL, I would spend the entire spring doing tackling drills and blocking drills. Over and Over and Over.

pujo, I am starting to think 10-0 is possible and it could be. I'm hearing some good new coming out of the weight room, especially with running backs and recievers.

I think the biggest hurdle is just mentally being commited to every play and every game. The Hampton game was great for Oneida, the Coalfield game was a disaster.

I really thought the juniors last year would step up but the team never really came together like a machine.

If I were TL, I would spend the entire spring doing tackling drills and blocking drills. Over and Over and Over.

I believe you'll be JUST FINE.

Our ole Hampton boys won the weightlifting comp last weekend and looked impressive in doing so,but you know as well as I do,thats not what makes football PLAYERS, heart and pride is the key,but if you couple all 3,you've really got something.

That's what I like about you Smash. Call it like you see it. No rose colored glasses here.

Remember us Aug 24 I believe. We host Coalfield so come on up for that meal and special sodie water

Lets just see if I can keep my foot outa my mouth this year!

pujo is the best at telling the truth but supporting his team. It's a hard line to walk sometimes, especially talking about high school kids! :flower:

Im looking forward to it. Friday night football will be bonus compared to the dr drink! dr. enuff....right?

Edited by SmashMouth

I believe you'll be JUST FINE.

Our ole Hampton boys won the weightlifting comp last weekend and looked impressive in doing so,but you know as well as I do,thats not what makes football PLAYERS, heart and pride is the key,but if you couple all 3,you've really got something.

pujo, your 100% right. You can have 20 seniors but if they dont have pride and heart, you are in trouble. Brother, that is what killed me last year. Sometimes it seems like there was just no passion on the field. Almost like everyone was tired or board or something! Maybe it was just too much youth on the field or a sense that we can just hit a team and they will fall down.

No substitute for hard work! Im hoping the weight training and conditioning will light a fire under this group. Real tight-knit bunch. If they all get moving in the same direction, could be very solid.

Edited by SmashMouth

You are without a doubt sand bagging. Coalfield lost too much in the skill positions to compete for a district this year. They will be pretty darn good and huge upfront but that will not be enough to compete for a district. OS lost way too much in both categories as did Sunbright and well wartburg is wartburg. If Oneida doesnt win it this year then they will have greatly underachieved.

I don;t think Oliver Springs will be that good. I know the championship will be decided when we play Oneida.