Lipscomb Football

highschoolfan

Talked to several coaches who've played Lipscomb...Coach McCurry at Marshall County said Lipscomb's got the best high school defense he's ever coached against and Coach Williams at Greenbrier told me Lipscomb's Coach Mac told him it was the best defense he's ever had. Disciplined, well-coached group that outplayed Goodpasture the first time. Would not at all be surprised to see this club go deep in the playoffs. Boyd-Buchanan is no match....they're 9-1 easy into the playoffs....And I see Tyner in their future...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd Buchanan is no match? You are overlooking a solid football team who has drilled 2 4a schools who are good. Why don't you state some facts why Boyd Buc is no match and then we will see what you based that rediculous staement on.

Posted by boyd9:

Boyd Buchanan is no match? You are overlooking a solid football team who has drilled 2 4a schools who are good. Why don't you state some facts why Boyd Buc is no match and then we will see what you based that rediculous staement on.

If you are talking to me I did not say they are no match, I said they are not much of a threat. Boyd didn't play that great against FRA, and Def. not great against Ezell, so how are they really supposed to be that awesome against Lipscomb? I am not for either team, I have friends on Lipscomb, and William Nelson (For Boyd) is my boyfriend.

EzellSoftball04,

I think boyd09 was talking to SCRAPPY, not you (Tell Coach Fruedenthal hello).

Lipscomb does have a good defense, but Boyd WILL be a good match for them. Boyd will never be outcoached, and there's no denying they have talent. The great thing about this board is that we're able to state opinions regarding upcoming games - that's fun to do or else there wouldn't be so many hits per day. However, remember, they're just opinions. I would imagine Boyd's going to go ahead and play Lipscomb next Friday no matter what the fans or polls or anybody else says.

First of all, Boyd is single A and Lipscomb is AA, so they will NOT play each other in the playoffs. Secondly, if Coach Martin is so bad why has he won three state championships (with a runner-up and semi final finish) in his lasr 5 AA years? Why has he won 4 in a row over Lipscomp without a collrge signee? What does that say about coach Mac? The truth is both coaches are very good and good people as well. Give them a break. I may not like Lipscomb, but they have one of the best lines I have seen in many years. There lack of blazing speed and game breakers may be their downfall. Remember Tyner is awesome this year. Looks like a great playoff awaits. Good luck to all the kids.