LandAir Classic Ladies Tourn.

etnmom

Purely a question and hope you do well with the Tournament, Belmont University was asked to not have a Tournament at the School due to NCAA Violations on the site. Thanks to landair for sponsering this tournament at NAIA University in Bristol, Tennessee, Lee University. This Tournament was sponsered by Green Bank in Greenville, Tennessee. Untils they were not able to do it this year. I'm not sure anyone knew the Tournament was at King College. Many mught think that this is nobody's business and rightly so. Just would hate to see some players lose a year of eligelibility because of playing in a NAIA event if indeed they have the same rules as NCAA.. This was in from the first year for this event and i quess the event was moved from Greenville to Bristol. I'm not sure who is sponsering the event and who gets the proceeds. A facebook advertisment is on this thread but cannot be read very easily. Hope that someone has asked the school and also some school is able to get the proceeds of the tournament.

Edited by PHargis

Purely a question and hope you do well with the Tournament, Belmont University was asked to not have a Tournament at the School due to NCAA Violations on the site. Thanks to landair for sponsering this tournament at NAIA University in Bristol, Tennessee, Lee University. This Tournament was sponsered by Green Bank in Greenville, Tennessee. Untils they were not able to do it this year. I'm not sure anyone knew the Tournament was at King College. Many mught think that this is nobody's business and rightly so. Just would hate to see some players lose a year of eligelibility because of playing in a NAIA event if indeed they have the same rules as NCAA.. This was in from the first year for this event and i quess the event was moved from Greenville to Bristol. I'm not sure who is sponsering the event and who gets the proceeds. A facebook advertisment is on this thread but cannot be read very easily. Hope that someone has asked the school and also some school is able to get the proceeds of the tournament.

First, thanks Trottercoach for the link.

PHargis, not sure what you're talking about at all. The tournament is scheduled to be at Hal Henard Gym (from the posted brackets) like always, and Hal Henard is a public elementary school in the Greeneville City school system. Okay Region 1 & 2 folks, is the tournament at Hal Hernard again?

Um... o_0

The tournament is, has been, and always will be in Greeneville at Hal Henard Gym. It is a Greene County event, not a Bristol one. The only thing changing is the sponsor name from Green Bank to Greeneville-based LandAir.

I am glad yu cleared up my misunderstanding. My misunderstanding had to do with information on the facebook advertisment.. It mentioned King but that was for a national Golf event for the NAIA. that simular to the NCAA held at the Legends in Williamson County in May which TV mentioned could draw 5000 fans. Greenbank has alway been a great event and knew it was in Greenville. You might answer this question since sponsership has changed. Is this a TSSAA event and which school gets the proceeds, if any, from the Tournament. It is impossible to know this expecially when schools from out of State are included. The advertisement concerning the Golf Tournament was included in the same Facebook Advertisement and was involved in a Tourism company in the area. I hate to be the one asking the question when it could be someone like an auditor asking the same question from your LLC. In addition, a high school is not involved but an elementary which is all right.

You do one of the finest jobs in the State in handling situations about Corporate sponserships and that is the reason I am asking the questions. Nothing else. And now I see Etown handling a Tournament the same way and I believe its a good way to make things work

I am glad yu cleared up my misunderstanding. My misunderstanding had to do with information on the facebook advertisment.. It mentioned King but that was for a national Golf event for the NAIA. that simular to the NCAA held at the Legends in Williamson County in May which TV mentioned could draw 5000 fans. Greenbank has alway been a great event and knew it was in Greenville. You might answer this question since sponsership has changed. Is this a TSSAA event and which school gets the proceeds, if any, from the Tournament. It is impossible to know this expecially when schools from out of State are included. The advertisement concerning the Golf Tournament was included in the same Facebook Advertisement and was involved in a Tourism company in the area. I hate to be the one asking the question when it could be someone like an auditor asking the same question from your LLC. In addition, a high school is not involved but an elementary which is all right.

You do one of the finest jobs in the State in handling situations about Corporate sponserships and that is the reason I am asking the questions. Nothing else. And now I see Etown handling a Tournament the same way and I believe its a good way to make things work

PHargis,

Honestly, I don't know many of the answers about the tournament, and I'm not sure why I need to know. I can tell you that Ladies Classic is a well adminstered tournament and it runs smoothly. It also serves to allow our local teams to play against great competition from within and outside the state. Even when my girls played, I didn't ask all of those questions you've listed. Except for the playoffs, it is my favorite tournament. Our local teams often become better after playing against such good competition. It's fun to watch our primarily AA teams play against AAA teams. The sponsorship changed due to the sell of GreenBank and another local company (LandAir) thankfully picked up the sponsorship. Lastly, it provides good tourism dollars to our area.

If you are that curious about the mechanics of the tournament, why not get on Facebook and ask there?

The NAIA national championship Golf Tournament will be held in Greeneville again this year for the second straight year. I don't know why King was mentioned in connection with a NAIA event when they have joined the NCAA.

Tues Dec. 27th

game 1 10am Cocke County vs Wilson Central

2 11:30 Morristown East vs Mount Juliet

3 1pm Chuckey Doak vs CAK

4 2:30 Science Hill vs Bob Jones (Ala.)

5 4:00 North Greene vs Seymour

6 5:30 West Greene vs Rockcastle (Ky.)

7 7:00 South Greene vs Franklin County

8 8:30 Greeneville vs Charlotte Christian

Wed. 28th

game 9 10am L2 vs L3

10 11:30 L6 vs L7

11 1pm L1 vs L8

12 2:30 L4 vs L5

13 4pm W6 vs W7

14 5:30 W2 vs W3

15 7pm W1 vs W8

16 8:30 W4 vs W5

Thurs. 29th games start at 10am

Fri. 30th games start at 1:30pm w/ 3rd place game at 6pm and Championship at 7:30pm

hope this helps

Tues Dec. 27th

game 1 10am Cocke County vs Wilson Central

2 11:30 Morristown East vs Mount Juliet

3 1pm Chuckey Doak vs CAK

4 2:30 Science Hill vs Bob Jones (Ala.)

5 4:00 North Greene vs Seymour

6 5:30 West Greene vs Rockcastle (Ky.)

7 7:00 South Greene vs Franklin County

8 8:30 Greeneville vs Charlotte Christian

Wed. 28th

game 9 10am L2 vs L3

10 11:30 L6 vs L7

11 1pm L1 vs L8

12 2:30 L4 vs L5

13 4pm W6 vs W7

14 5:30 W2 vs W3

15 7pm W1 vs W8

16 8:30 W4 vs W5

Thurs. 29th games start at 10am

Fri. 30th games start at 1:30pm w/ 3rd place game at 6pm and Championship at 7:30pm

hope this helps

What about everybody's predictions. Here are mine:

Top bracket: Mt Juliet makes it to championship game. Morristown may be 2nd best team in top bracket, but I think Mt Juliet will be too much for them. Rockcastle and winner of CAK/CD will be competitive. SG/Franklin Co should be good game, both are underachieving so far this year. If WG can handle pressure and defensive rebound well then they may be able to keep games close.

Bottom bracket:

Winner of Science Hill/AL team will be in championship game. Once again tournament organizers put 2 of top 3 teams against each other in 1st round. Not sure why they always seem to do this. Wilson Central will probably make it to semis, but not sure about that Charlotte team. Greeneville girls have great PG play and solid half-court defense, but lack of depth and scoring options will hurt them. NG losing McNeese really hurts their chances for victories in this tourney, but Coach B seems to get the most out of his players.

Edited by gcfball

What about everybody's predictions. Here are mine:

Top bracket: Mt Juliet makes it to championship game. Morristown may be 2nd best team in top bracket, but I think Mt Juliet will be too much for them. Rockcastle and winner of CAK/CD will be competitive. SG/Franklin Co should be good game, both are underachieving so far this year. If WG can handle pressure and defensive rebound well then they may be able to keep games close.

Bottom bracket:

Winner of Science Hill/AL team will be in championship game. Once again tournament organizers put 2 of top 3 teams against each other in 1st round. Not sure why they always seem to do this. Wilson Central will probably make it to semis, but not sure about that Charlotte team. Greeneville girls have great PG play and solid half-court defense, but lack of depth and scoring options will hurt them. NG losing McNeese really hurts their chances for victories in this tourney, but Coach B seems to get the most out of his players.

Of course we have to pull for our hometown teams. I've not watched Science Hill play this year, but I hear they are seriously tough. Hate Science Hill and Bama square off so early in the tourney. Sounds like a tournament great lineup as always!