CPA in King of Bluegrass Tourney

CPA4Ever

Our dear friend, jett, who gets on Coacht for the sole purpose of tearing down kbrks.......

I don't know who is worse, you, or crimsontide43 who trolls every CPA basketball thread to comment that "Maddux can't coach"

Anybody interested in talking about actual basketball? OK I will. I was very impressed with the results from the King of Bluegrass tourney. While I didn't get to see any of the competition, from what I've read they seem to be top notch. I'm pleased to see CPA doing well in Christmas tourneys the last few years, as they have had trouble in the past. I remember in the '07-'08 and '08-'09 seasons, half of CPA's losses those seasons came when they travelled around Christmas time. I'm excited to see how they do in the Arby's classic. They should be one of the favorites, and if they play like they did in KY, they should have success. The team seems to really be coming together at this point, with several players getting back into basketball shape after the football playoffs and injuries. They have the "big 3" in Lindsey, Bradshaw, and Allsmiller, and a great supporting cast with Bonds, Howell, Wharton, and Richard. Brandon Cook and Robert Brown offer valuable minutes, and Cook's 3-point shot has improved tremendously. The bench is deep, and is about to get a little bit deeper with 6'6'' 8th grader Braxton Blackwell becoming eligible after the new year. Their size and strength inside is probably the best it's been since the days of Z Mason and Matt Zelenik, with a rotation of Brown, Howell, Tucker Johnson, and Paul Adams. This is a complete team that can hurt you in so many ways. I have to believe that if they take home the Arby's championship, that they will break into the National radar and rankings. The scariest thing about this CPA team is how young they are, with 4 sophomores starting on most nights, and a freshman big coming off the bench (soon to be joined by an 8th grade big). Bradshaw is headed to Belmont next year, and Lindsey has several big time offers already. While Lindsey is the one that gets the most press, I think Allsmiller is right there with him as a college prospect. Time will tell how they develop, but in the meantime I'm excited to see how they do in the next few days in Bristol, to see if Maddux can get his first championship this season, and to watch this team start competing on a national level in the coming years. Go Lions!

As long as Ken Brooks continues to bad mouth CPA I will continue to call him on it

call him on what? All your post said was that he was let go by CPA 6 years ago and can't forget about it. If he really bothers you that much, don't read his posts, a pretty simple concept. We don't need you or anybody to be the defense attorney for CPA. If he is really the deranged grudge-holder that you make him out to be, why give credence to his comments by responding with personal attacks? Like I said before, the tone in your posts is nothing but hateful. How about during this Christmas season you and me go find somebody to love on rather than making sarcastic jabs on an online forum? I need it as much as you. How about we represent CPA by being lights in the darkness? How about we stop pointing fingers and look at our own hearts? Just a few ideas.

call him on what? All your post said was that he was let go by CPA 6 years ago and can't forget about it. If he really bothers you that much, don't read his posts, a pretty simple concept. We don't need you or anybody to be the defense attorney for CPA. If he is really the deranged grudge-holder that you make him out to be, why give credence to his comments by responding with personal attacks? Like I said before, the tone in your posts is nothing but hateful. How about during this Christmas season you and me go find somebody to love on rather than making sarcastic jabs on an online forum? I need it as much as you. How about we represent CPA by being lights in the darkness? How about we stop pointing fingers and look at our own hearts? Just a few ideas.

Didn't realize you are such a saint or should I say hypocrite - I honestly don't think I have torn Brooks down - he simply holds a major grudge which I will continue to state - you must be a close friend

Please go to those forums that are provided on this topic instead of hi-jacking the ones that want to discuss basketball.

CPA fans need to remember they have to take the "good" with the "bad". If they want people to listen to how well their sports teams are doing- they are going to have to realize that not all people share their excitement and that some people think there is a direct correlation between how well their teams are doing and the methods that were used to achieve it. So when you start a thread talking about how well CPA is doing in a tournament- expect that you are going to hear some negative comments. If you only want to discuss the "good" then you should start a CPA members only website where you can do so and limit those who don't feel the same way about CPA (the "bad").

As long as Ken Brooks continues to bad mouth CPA I will continue to call him on it

Why, because I am willing to look at the other side of the issue and acknowledge those concerns when you and others are not? What is interesting is when Ken Brooks was coaching the comments from outside/coachT of CPA boys basketball were complimentary both in regards to the team and the coach/coaching. (Sadly that has changed and more to it then everybody being haters/jealous of current success and yes some of it is related to not enough CPA posters like FBGIRL or Matt610 – and I don’t say that because I think they agree with me, but their approach and their representation of CPA.) The only negative comments were made by those inside CPA. And those like you want to talk about loyalty? I don’t have any problem discussing hard issues even about me as long as there is a willingness to be honest and the comments are based on truth. But when issues are made personal, with no supporting facts, an attacking mentality, snide, inconsistent, hypocritical, leaving too much for the reader’s interpretation slanted to the negative due to lack of details (regardless of the issue) then I see the need to get involved. Why complain or be upset about my involvement now? Like you said, I don’t coach so I am nothing more than a sports fan willing to discuss an issue on a public forum.

Christian education in particular should be about intelligent exchange of ideas and healthy debate, not merely attacking those who disagree. The defensive/attacking approach only gives the appearance of lacking truth not possessing truth and very revealing about those within the community. People with the truth can rest easy. Yes, you are still free to express your opinion no matter how wrong it is, but if you don’t want to be hypocritical then let others do the same without the personal attack or judging their motives. Particularly, when those like you continue to hide behind their screen name and unwilling to take me up on my offer to meet face to face if you have such a problem with me.

Edited by kbrks

Please go to those forums that are provided on this topic instead of hi-jacking the ones that want to discuss basketball.

Really, I thought I read posts like BoDawgs on this thread. And if you really think that then why aren't your comments sticking strictly to basketball regardless of what others post? I fail to follow the logic. Are your expectations of others higher than what you have for yourself?

CPA fans need to remember they have to take the "good" with the "bad". If they want people to listen to how well their sports teams are doing- they are going to have to realize that not all people share their excitement and that some people think there is a direct correlation between how well their teams are doing and the methods that were used to achieve it. So when you start a thread talking about how well CPA is doing in a tournament- expect that you are going to hear some negative comments. If you only want to discuss the "good" then you should start a CPA members only website where you can do so and limit those who don't feel the same way about CPA (the "bad").

Very insightful

Didn't realize you are such a saint or should I say hypocrite - I honestly don't think I have torn Brooks down - he simply holds a major grudge which I will continue to state - you must be a close friend

Not really a friend at all, his daughter is my age. It just makes me sad that a CPA parent would conduct themselves the way you do on this forum. If you haven't torn him down, I must really be misinterpreting your posts. I am no saint, and sure, I'm a hypocrite.

Not really a friend at all, his daughter is my age. It just makes me sad that a CPA parent would conduct themselves the way you do on this forum. If you haven't torn him down, I must really be misinterpreting your posts. I am no saint, and sure, I'm a hypocrite.

I am glad you understand your role now. I am not certain why anyone would support anyone making uncheck statements about CPA or any school and why would they even care. Coach T is designed to follow your particular team, support them and enjoy them. Maybe you had a bad experience at CPA, not certain, I understand the background with Ken Brooks. I am not certain why he continues to live in the past. CPA is an excellent school, excellent academics, spiritual leadership and has excellent athletics regardless. It is not for everyone, thus must be the reason you hold a grudge as well. I am simply looking at the post to follow progress of the school's sports.

Why, because I am willing to look at the other side of the issue and acknowledge those concerns when you and others are not? What is interesting is when Ken Brooks was coaching the comments from outside/coachT of CPA boys basketball were complimentary both in regards to the team and the coach/coaching. (Sadly that has changed and more to it then everybody being haters/jealous of current success and yes some of it is related to not enough CPA posters like FBGIRL or Matt610 – and I don’t say that because I think they agree with me, but their approach and their representation of CPA.) The only negative comments were made by those inside CPA. And those like you want to talk about loyalty? I don’t have any problem discussing hard issues even about me as long as there is a willingness to be honest and the comments are based on truth. But when issues are made personal, with no supporting facts, an attacking mentality, snide, inconsistent, hypocritical, leaving too much for the reader’s interpretation slanted to the negative due to lack of details (regardless of the issue) then I see the need to get involved. Why complain or be upset about my involvement now? Like you said, I don’t coach so I am nothing more than a sports fan willing to discuss an issue on a public forum.

Christian education in particular should be about intelligent exchange of ideas and healthy debate, not merely attacking those who disagree. The defensive/attacking approach only gives the appearance of lacking truth not possessing truth and very revealing about those within the community. People with the truth can rest easy. Yes, you are still free to express your opinion no matter how wrong it is, but if you don’t want to be hypocritical then let others do the same without the personal attack or judging their motives. Particularly, when those like you continue to hide behind their screen name and unwilling to take me up on my offer to meet face to face if you have such a problem with me.

Thanks Ken for your response, really no need for us to meet, you should meet with the school administration to discuss your issues and then finally move on. Good luck.