CPA in King of Bluegrass Tourney

CPA4Ever

CPA wins 67-63 in 2OT over a very good team from Germany and advances to semi's...Bradshaw had 29 points.

They played Ursting in the Bluegrass, too?! :unsure: Whatever...

For the record, the 29 pts. was scored by a kid that used to dominate the pee wee league up to the high school level...in Greenbrier. And, so the CPA elitists don't get too upset, it's pretty much known around here that his family DID and DOES have the resources for him to transfer...to Alaska even, if they wanted to... And, as I've said before, I don't blame him OR them. It's a free country. But, I don't like it...pretty much for the same reasons stated by oldkodger >>> 'cause he and his old middle school teammates would've taken Greenbrier to another level the last few years. He is certainly a difference-maker, as CPA has found out...and, apparently, Drew already knew. Not only physically, but his basketball IQ is off the charts. Belmont got a steal...no pun intened. :thumb:

Basic logic could conclude:

1. IF it is strictly parental choices without any "inducing or attempting to induce or encourage any prospective student-athlete to attend any member school for the purpose of participating in athletics even when the special remuneration or inducement is not given" THEN information from credible sources would be in support. Not all are haters and I have found for the most part coaches, in particular, will talk with respect of other coaches and programs even if they don’t like the personality because they understand the difficulties of the profession unless they are given a reason to think and know differently. Even if circumstances alone raise eyebrows, that would not be enough for them because they know that would sound too much like jealousy or sour grapes. The same can be said for others who possess any character or integrity.

2. IF people do not know what they are talking about THEN they shouldn’t talk about what they don’t know unless they are willing to admit they don’t know no matter what side of the issue they want to support. To simply be in attack mode because you don’t like what is being said resolves nothing and brings no one closer to the truth. This is not the only forum where this is discussed. (In fact it is one of the worst forums. Even if people were willing to get involved or tell the truth, posts would be deleted and threads would disappear so what is the point?) Regardless, if truth is really the important issue, then scrutiny should be embraced. This is not possible if people are willing to talk about what they don’t really know about.

...No deeper philosophical debate is needed... ...As they (CPA) are a business it is understandable they would do whatever it takes to gain an advantage on their competition...

One philosophical debate that could remain is related to a Christian organization and the relationship to testimony. How far can they go to gain a competitive advantage and actually be allowed to take full advantage of any loopholes or grey areas? Christian leaders teach the Christian faith should transcend society’s norms, not simply do the bare minimum required. They teach the Bible is timeless and its principles will speak to even the issues of the day. Related to this subject, applicable Scriptures like some of Paul’s teachings which include being careful not to use the gift of tongues in certain settings, not eating meat under certain circumstances and staying away from even appearances of wrong doing should be considered. All of these are within the context of how others would be affected even if the case could be made nothing specifically is being done wrong. (Granted, not to be applied in a manner where people simply become people pleasers, but neither are these principles in conflict with not judging others, casting stones, grace and forgiveness which is what is usually cited when the actions of others are questioned.) This topic is one of those slippery slopes. IMO, related to this discussion and under this scenario, this is why a TN private school playing in DII makes much more sense.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no doubt that CPA recruits. That should not even be up for debate. Someone even told me that the reason why Bradshaw did not have to sit out is because his parents faked a divorce and bought an apartment semi close to Cpa and he stays there during the school year. I mean no team gets past the rules and just ignores them as much as CPA. Yes, we all know schools like Ensworth and other schools all recruit but CPA does it the most and gets away with the most.

There is no doubt that CPA recruits. That should not even be up for debate. Someone even told me that the reason why Bradshaw did not have to sit out is because his parents faked a divorce and bought an apartment semi close to Cpa and he stays there during the school year. I mean no team gets past the rules and just ignores them as much as CPA. Yes, we all know schools like Ensworth and other schools all recruit but CPA does it the most and gets away with the most.

This is an extremely irresponsible thing to say unless you can substantiate it, and even then family issues (real or imagined) about kids should stay off these boards. No one has been more critical of CPA on these boards than me, but comments like this cross the line and are potentially damaging. No child needs gossip and rumors about their family spread in a public forum like this. We can be judge and jury here, but not executioner.

• Upvote 1

This is an extremely irresponsible thing to say unless you can substantiate it, and even then family issues (real or imagined) about kids should stay off these boards. No one has been more critical of CPA on these boards than me, but comments like this cross the line and are potentially damaging. No child needs gossip and rumors about their family spread in a public forum like this. We can be judge and jury here, but not executioner.

Thats just one way kids try to get past the system. All kids care about is winning and getting exposure these days. Lets be honest do you think he would get the same exposure at Greenbriar then he would at CPA....... I dont think so

You are absolutely right! CPA recruits everyone of its students. No one is zoned to go there and if you want to go there you have to pay tuition! And you need to read the TSSAA rule book - believe it or not there are rules for transferring to another school - you can actually move from Greenbriar and go to school at CPA - if you follow the rules - and not have to sit out! And I would also urge you to investigate and turn them in!

Wow. You truly have no shame.