Above The Rim Classic @ Hickman Co.

SportsFan70

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i remember correctly...SS had humboldt down 30 maybe more when they were at SS...at some point humboldt came back but i doubt the game was ever in danger

also find it funny that the lake co supporter catagorically wants to throw out the common opponent of SS since the falcons got stomped...u want to take it on a game by game basis...and u only want to use the brentwood game as a measuring stick...so which one is it...im so confused

hopefully everything will be settled this weekend...

completely agree that lake co is a top team...especially in 1A ball...just dont think they have what it takes to beat TECH...sorry

a good coach does punish players...thats part of life...if the player deserves to be benched...more power to the coach for sticking to her guns and teaching a lesson...that happened a few times last year for liberty...and we went on to win the ball...so it will pay off in the end if ur young man realizes the issue and grows from the situation as a person...

all that being said...dont make excuses for ur losses...u lost it happens...its ok...ur still a great team and all that matters is playoff ball...u dont hear anyone from liberty on the boards throwin out excuses for why we lost to bolivar a few weeks ago...

Edited by dhstennis

if i remember correctly...SS had humboldt down 30 maybe more when they were at SS...at some point humboldt came back but i doubt the game was ever in danger

also find it funny that the lake co supporter catagorically wants to throw out the common opponent of SS since the falcons got stomped...u want to take it on a game by game basis...and u only want to use the brentwood game as a measuring stick...so which one is it...im so confused

completely agree that lake co is a top team...especially in 1A ball...just dont think they have what it takes to beat TECH...sorry

a good coach does punish players...thats part of life...if the player deserves to be benched...more power to the coach for sticking to her guns and teaching a lesson...that happened a few times last year for liberty...and we went on to win the ball...so it will pay off in the end if ur young man realizes the issue and grows from the situation as a person...

all that being said...dont make excuses for ur losses...u lost it happens...its ok...ur still a great team and all that matters is playoff ball...u dont hear anyone from liberty on the boards throwin out excuses for why we lost to bolivar a few weeks ago...

Liberty will not blow out Lake Co.Both times they play this year will be close games.

I dont recall anyone saying Lake Co would beat Liberty.I was messing with howdoitknow about Liberty should have the trophy well in hand if he thought Liberty was going to spank Lake Co if they were to play ,just based on the Southside -Lake Co game.If just going by that one game ,could be a mistake.And both games that Humboldt played against Southside werent blowouts.Didnt even say Lake Co would beat south Side but I believe you'll see a different score next game.So I'm not just using the Brentwood game.Lake Co has really only had 1 terrible game.Looks to me if you look at the whole season,Lake Co has shown they can at least play with the Liberty and Northsides and South Sides.If you notice Lake Co played Northside to a two point game.Beat a very good Raytown team.Beat a Waverly team that has beaten a top Single A team in Perry Co handidly once.So you're wrong when you say the Lake Co supporter was comparing to just one team.Look at the whole season and teams that Northside,Liberty,SouthSide has played and you'll see that it is the other way around.Yall seem to be judging Lake Co on that 1 game.And that could be a big mistake.Again.Liberty may beat Lake Co by 20 points.Never know about foul trouble etc.But there's not much difference in Lake Co-Liberty this year no matter what yall may seem to think.And I know that you're going to take this as an excuse but it's really not because I think Lake Co can win both games.But they can also lose both games as well.What I'm referring to is it must be nice to play a team the night before the Lake Co game and can rest all their starters while Lake Co has to play a good Union city team.A Union city team that beat the team Liberty is playing by 33 points.So Liberty can sit back and take a siesta and prepare for the Falcons.I'm sure a spanking is coming the Falcons way.

Edited by mrbigster

...so...who won...cause i heard TECH did

Tech won 87-74.Game was close,but the final score ended up being double figures because LC was forced to foul.Tech was up 10 on a halfcourt shot at the buzzer.LC got behind in the 2nd quarter when Tyler went out with leg cramps and Jones also did too.LC cut the lead to 2,when 50 got in foul trouble,but 22 kept hitting shot after shot.50 blocked and altered a lot of shots for Tech.Overall,it was a very entertaining game.

Chipper will correct you on one minor thing, Tyler and Jones both went out before half with ankle sprains. Rafael came down on a Liberty player's foot after scoring and putting the Falcons up by 1 37-36. Then Jones landed wrong going after a rebound and without those two LC went from being up 1 to down ten after the 3 point buzzer beater from half court. Falcons battled back and with 2:30 left in the 4th were down 3 73-70 and got a steal but threw the ball away right after. got down 76-70 after a 3 point play with 1:10 left and had to start fouling. Great effort given by the falcons against liberty. If they continue to play at that level it will be hard for any single A team in the area to beat them BUT they MUST bring the same intensity on defense every night.

mrbigster...i thought we were talkin about common opponents...that being SS...TECH doesnt play NS this season or humboldt...the only common opponents we have are SS and brentwood...thats what i thought u meant...sorry brochacho

also...lookin at the schedules and it says LC beat bolivar on dec. 3...however on bolivars page they played a team from bama on dec. 3... is that the raytown game u speak of???

Liberty pulls out a win in the rematch 64-62 in OT. Great game played between 2 great teams. Lake Co. put up a huge defensive effort holding Liberty to 19 points in the 1st half and put the clamps on their guards forcing numerous turnovers. The downfall for the Falcons was at the free throw line where LC missed 11 FTs that I counted from the stands including an 0-5 start. Hats off to Liberty though they kept fighting and found a way to win as great teams do. These 2 games will be good for both teams as they head down the stretch run and move toward tournament time. Good luck to liberty you guys have a very good team and your coach is a nice guy and class act I hope to see you guys playing in murfreesboro in march. As for LC keep your heads up, stay focused, and finish strong down the stretch.

• 4 weeks later...