Flagrant or dirty?

mboro

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!Maybe #6 is concidental but on a whole those "fouls" weren't even basketball related movements.The game was intended as a non-contact sport,but in it's current incarnation a good coach will instruct post defenders to "make em' hit their free throws"rather than give up a lay-up uncontested...that was not what happened on the video.Even the ball seemed irrelevent in most clips,the intent was clearly to make hard contact!For the coach(loosley used term to define the adult in charge)to have left #34 in the game was irresponsible at best and punishable in my eyes.I'm not knocking the kids talent(or trying not)but the uncoordinated movements and overall "vibe" from him suggests he was in the game as an enforcer only.A foul is (in my eyes) INCIDENTAL CONTACT during the act of blocking a shot,stealing the ball,ect...not bouncing anyone who enters your area off the floor.Referees should have caught on to the intent quickly enough that an ejection resulted at some point,there's no place in the game for actions like those.I find it incredible that (apparently) no one was injured,or that there were no altercations on the floor or in the stands,usually letting the game get too rough causes other problems and I've never witnessed it on such a level as this. Dirty gets my vote,I've seen "intentional"(breakaway)fouls in cases where the kids both appreciated the others effort,and had no hard feelings,but one or two of these clips could be interpritated as assault.

Edited by tradertwo

fouls 4,5 and 6 yes and on #6 look like he'd took his own

player out as well. at about the 2:59 mark ref was speaking to the player.looks like #34 is football player without much baskettball skills. the way he plays wouldn't be in game for very long before fouls out.probally should have been tossed if he committed same kind of foul after the ref spoke to him. looks like servral times #34 just trying block shot and very awakard. 42's was a cheap shot! the maroon team looks like they maintained composure. i hope the coach of the eagles address the play of some of his players. if not school is going to get a bad reputation!some player are better suited for other sports football and maybe the shot put.

where are the eagles from? fustrating to watch your kid/ teammate get fouled like especial more than once. and i don't have a dog in this hunt. i bet this theard gets shut down.

Edited by forgetfulcub

fouls 4,5 and 6 yes and on #6 look like he'd took his own

player out as well. at about the 2:59 mark ref was speaking to the player.looks like #34 is football player without much baskettball skills. the way he plays wouldn't be in game for very long before fouls out.probally should have been tossed if he committed same kind of foul after the ref spoke to him. looks like servral times #34 just trying block shot and very awakard. 42's was a cheap shot! the maroon team looks like they maintained composure. i hope the coach of the eagles address the play of some of his players. if not school is going to get a bad reputation!some player are better suited for other sports football and maybe the shot put.

where are the eagles from? fustrating to watch your kid/ teammate get fouled like especial more than once. and i don't have a dog in this hunt. i bet this theard gets shut down.

These teams are in Washington. It was just on youtube and I watched and posted here. It was just for people to see, I dont see a reason to shut the thread down.

I don't know. I thought after #34 had 3 hacks it was pretty stupid to keep driving the lane. I wouldn't say flagrant. I'd say uncoordinated. The guy didn't possess any basketball skills. The more flagrant foul was on the guy that pushed the maroon guy away from the ball. 34 was going for the ball.........he was just using poor technique. I'd say a football player staying in shape is a good assessment. I don't see jail time or wife beatings resulting from uncoordinated play.

I don't know. I thought after #34 had 3 hacks it was pretty stupid to keep driving the lane. I wouldn't say flagrant. I'd say uncoordinated. The guy didn't possess any basketball skills. The more flagrant foul was on the guy that pushed the maroon guy away from the ball. 34 was going for the ball.........he was just using poor technique. I'd say a football player staying in shape is a good assessment. I don't see jail time or wife beatings resulting from uncoordinated play.

You may not see jail time but I guarantee if little Johnny got knocked down by 34 again, grandma would be looking for his daddy with stadium chair in her hand.

Because driving the lane is how you play the game.There are three ref's out there whose responsibility is to ensure that rules are followed,and ejecting a player(though extreme)is one of the "tools" at their disposal.I disagree that there was no ill intent,but it's debatable...if it was the case then defend the coach,who supposedly DOES know basketball,for not correcting the player(s) or benching them. No excuse for letting that many chances for a player to be injured happen,when you had to see them coming...one after another.Would you tell your kid "dont be stupid enough to keep driving the lane" or yell at the ref and coach about rough play?

I didn't find much fault in the first 3 fouls because it looked like it was more uncoordinated rather than flagrant. In the first 3 fouls it looked to me he was just swatting for the ball and missed. In the first he swatted at the ball and the guy turned as he swatted and got hit in the head, the second one didn't look bad to me at all as it was just a reach in, and the 3rd one 34 went to swat and if you notice the player does a small shot fake and brings the ball back down and #34 just followed through with his arm. To me #34 is a football player playing basketball and doesn't have much coordination when it comes to basketball. I didn't watch foul 6, but 4 and 5 to me was uncalled for and clearly flagrant. On foul#4 the guy was just pushed in the back for no reason and on foul #5 the player driving in was caught in mid air and thrown to the grown.