Region 5 standings

ramseyl

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Cookeville - MJ match tonight as scheduled is the region/district match, and the other match (at Slamfest maybe) does not count if I understand the coach's criteria. Hope it does not get cancelled from the snow.

MJ has lost a couple of starters since Slamfest. The score would not be closer.

Is Siegel or C'ville representing District 10 with WC?

Cookeville/Mount Juliet has been rescheduled for this Tuesday evening at Cookeville.

WOW ! I would have just let the last meeting count as District match???

MJ lost three more starters last week. That brings the total to atleast

5 starters gone since slamfest. Two injuries and 3 quit. Be gentle with us.

Edited by HSDAD

Cookeville/Mount Juliet has been rescheduled for this Tuesday evening at Cookeville.

The match was cancelled. MJ had no chance of victory. They had only 8 wrestlers

@ Hendersonville Tourney and one of them quit this weekend. They are now down to

7 wrestlers. Not looking good for the home team !

@ Hendersonville Tourney and one of them quit this weekend. They are now down to

If Mt. Juliet has forfeited to Cookeville it means...

Region V district 9 is set with Blackman representing as District Champs (great job coach) and Coffee County representing as runner ups (also a great job, first time in programs history to make it to region duals!)

Region V district 10 will include Wilson Central (they can clinch the division championships by beating Siegel next Tuesday)and Cookeville will wrestle Siegel for the final spot on Friday night @ Cookeville. If Siegel beats Cookeville, it will be Siegel and Wilson representing district 10, If Cookeville wins, Siegel would have to upset a very tough Wilson Central team to have a chance to participate in the duals.

If Mt. Juliet has forfeited to Cookeville it means...

Region V district 9 is set with Blackman representing as District Champs (great job coach) and Coffee County representing as runner ups (also a great job, first time in programs history to make it to region duals!)

Region V district 10 will include Wilson Central (they can clinch the division championships by beating Siegel next Tuesday)and Cookeville will wrestle Siegel for the final spot on Friday night @ Cookeville. If Siegel beats Cookeville, it will be Siegel and Wilson representing district 10, If Cookeville wins, Siegel would have to upset a very tough Wilson Central team to have a chance to participate in the duals.

Tuesday evening:

Cookeville 48 - Eagleville 30

Cookeville 63 - Tullahoma 16

Edited by CavDad63

HSDAD, what is going on at Mt. Juliet? They have always had good teams that have been competitive across the state. I know that Mt. Juliet has a good feeder program that I thought would boost their roster. I hate to see this. I think their coach has done a good job the past few years. He has always had a few wrestlers who could compete with anybody across the state.

P.S. What happened to the stud heavyweight they had a couple of years ago who was built like a brickhouse? Did he go on to wrestle in college?

Edited by facenthecrowd