So they caught MBA...

KPowers55

Wow.....so I guess the BA incident of the mid 90's is old news....MBA now gets strapped to the recruiting whipping post for the next 15-20 years......takes all the focus off BA! :rolleyes: Seriously...this case makes the BA ticket/letter for spring practice fiasco look like childs play....this is a MUCH worse situation than BA's....it appears the MBA administration has lost control of what is going on at the school...sorry to hear the findings. As a DII fan, I have always admired MBA's program.....very disappointing.

While I agree these allegations are more egregious than he CA issues of several years ago, the difference is that BA decided to attempt to flex its muscles and fight--taking the issue to a much more high profile level. MBA is smart to take its punsihment and move on.

There is nothing to the punishment! IMO, the TSSAA is broke due to the BA legal expenses and decided to take the road of least resistance and fine MBA (helps the bank account)along with making them vacate their championships. MBA knows the TSSAA is broke and probably indicated that they would fight any post season ban in the court system which could have been very expensive for the TSSAA. This is not the same MBA that Coach Bennett and Coach Owen were part of for so many years.

While I agree these allegations are more egregious than he CA issues of several years ago, the difference is that BA decided to attempt to flex its muscles and fight--taking the issue to a much more high profile level. MBA is smart to take its punsihment and move on.

The biggest difference in the BA case was that BA fought to the end out of principle. They refused to admit any wrongdoing since they believed none occurred--the school was willing to fight because they were confident, and still are, that they were innocent.

Even the most critical observer is hard pressed, I believe, to prove that what BA was accused of doing was wrong. Let's see, send a letter to some students about spring practice who had already sent in enrollment deposits. Its ok in the TSSAA's eyes for the students to participate in spring practice, they just can't be notified about it. I would call that issue many shades of grey.

MBA was caught red handed, with both hands in the cookie jar. When that happens, it's best to bend over and take it.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/3/cd4d20d2-87dc-49f9-a47f-3

The biggest difference in the BA case was that BA fought to the end out of principle. They refused to admit any wrongdoing since they believed none occurred--the school was willing to fight because they were confident, and still are, that they were innocent.

Even the most critical observer is hard pressed, I believe, to prove that what BA was accused of doing was wrong. Let's see, send a letter to some students about spring practice who had already sent in enrollment deposits. Its ok in the TSSAA's eyes for the students to participate in spring practice, they just can't be notified about it. I would call that issue many shades of grey.

MBA was caught red handed, with both hands in the cookie jar. When that happens, it's best to bend over and take it.

Doc......MBA's FACE was in the cookie jar....like cookie monster.......

cd4d20d2-87dc-49f9-a47f-312d51239889.jpg

Come on.....the punnishment SUCKS....MBA is ELIGIBLE for POST season IN 2012....THEY can win the state championship in 2012 and it is OK! that is why MBA doesn't CARE.....NOBODY cares what happened several years ago....the thrill already happened. They can VACATE.....but WHO CARES?!?!?!? MBA STILL won and that is what is remembered.

Edited by Brandon100

Come on.....the punishment SUCKS....MBA is ELIGIBLE for POST season aIN 2012....THEY can win the state championship in 2012 and it is OK! that is why MBA doesn't CARE.....NOBODY cares what happened several years ago....the thrill already happened. They can VACATE.....but WHO CARES?!?!?!? MBA STILL won and that is what is remembered.

I WILL say,....I like THE MBA I knew.....good school.....If I had a son.....I would like him to go there......AFTER the powers that be LEAVE

Edited by Brandon100

Come on.....the punnishment SUCKS....MBA is ELIGIBLE for POST season IN 2012....THEY can win the state championship in 2012 and it is OK! that is why MBA doesn't CARE.....NOBODY cares what happened several years ago....the thrill already happened. They can VACATE.....but WHO CARES?!?!?!? MBA STILL won and that is what is remembered.

I'm sure at least the people who lost their jobs because of this (Goia? spell check) are going to care . . But I could be wrong.

Also, it counts more than winning when everyone not affiliated with MBA football will see it as a program with dishonest intentions. This is more because of the recent coach firing scandal than the fact there were multiple accounts of recruiting going on for the past decade (numerous instances cited in the CityPaper)

Edited by Custer

We can all agree that MBA is stocked with intelligent people. It is one of the premier secondary schools in Nashville, the state of Tennessee and the Southeast. Thus, it is laughable to contend that key administrators, trustees and coaches had such poor knowledge of basic TSSAA rules that their actions were unintentional and well-intended.

Were their hearts in the right place with regard to their desire to help needy students? Quite possibly. But their minds were in the right place, too. They knew what they were doing. They got caught. And to pretend their actions stem from a lack of knowledge is to assume we are all idiots.

• Upvote 1