Tri-County Seven

coachh17

One change in this week's rankings:

1. Cloudland A (16-3)- Beat Unaka pretty good. Appear to be on cruise control. Host Hampton Friday. Game at Unicoi County on February 13th should be a dandy.

2. Elizabethton AA (11-8)- Lost to South Greene at home by two. Still here by virtue of head to head wins over Hampton and Unicoi County. I hear that Coach Wilson is putting some of his stuff in. I hope it makes a difference.

3. Unicoi County AA (16-5)- Have not lost since the three game losing streak at Daniel Boone's Christmas tournament. Beat Hampton by 15 to take this spot. Get their shot at Elizabethton on January 24th and Cloudland on February 13th.

4. Hampton A (12-6)- Drop by virtue of loss to Unicoi. Tough week upcoming as the Lady Dogs host Chuckey-Doak Monday and travel to the Roan to battle Cloudland on Friday. Still working Bowers in to the lineup.

5. Unaka A (10-11)- I just do not think they have the physicality to move up this year. They still may pull an upset, but I look for the Lady Rangers to be better next year.

6. Happy Valley AA (7-10)- Have four road games in a row upcoming. Game at Elizabethton was snowed out. Still can finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference with a strong finish.

7. Johnson County AA (5-12)- I think they are 5-12. They are much more competive lately. Brown, Reece, and Swift are gaining confidence and playing well. Nearly beat East and may be capable of upsetting somebody in the upper half of the league on a good night at home.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with your rankings Coachh but would say Elizabethton and Unicoi are tied for 2/3. Only see those two and Hampton exchanging any places for the rest of the year. The others I do believe are pretty much set. If the Bowers girl can mix in at Hampton might make them the second best team. Still could have used a post player. Just a thought for you Coachh, if it had been the other way around and the Bowers girl had gone from Hampton to Elizabethton would they be a lot on here about recruiting? We do know most of the circumstances but do you think you would still hear it? No one has said anything about why she went to Hampton and not another school. Guess Coach Tolley can can do it a little quieter and better than the rest. Lol

11-8 team coming off two losses ranked over 16-5 team coming off three wins; teams have split two games this year but the one that counts in the conference standings was won by the 16-5 team, AND the 11-8 team has lost both games they have played since their freshman phenom hit the road, yeah coachh your logic makes perfect sense. I guess Wilsons vaunted zone defense will make all the difference.

I could care less what the tri 7 ranking are as they are meaningless; top spot is not in dispute as Cloudland is clearly the best team in the 7. But what really counts is the conf and district standings. Those are not subjective.

Calm down limestone...breathe...relax. Clearly you care, though we all know this is just conjecture until the post season. If you want that spot, you have to win it on the court and you get your chance next Tuesday. If the Lady Devils win, I will slide them right in the two spot. I actually think you might even beat Cloudland in that last game and take the top spot. That will get King fired up....lol! Oh, the zone will make a difference once they learn how to play it well. Dribble penetration has killed Betsy all year. The zone will slow that down.

Coachh, you didn't give me your thoughts on the transfer. How about it?

Screen,

If history is our guide, then yes there would be more squawking had the tranfer been reversed. People were very upset when Cara Bowling chose to come to Elizabethton from Happy Valley, when Lauren McCurry chose to come from Unicoi County, and when Kristen Powell came from Cloudland. They all had their reasons and I do not believe their was any recruiting. I know we did no recruiting pre-2005, though some may have thought so. Notice when it goes the other way (Bowers to Hampton, Colbaugh to Unaka) very little is said. I think the kids and families decide what is best for them. I do not question the integrity of the coaches involved. All the transfers mentioned have turned out well for the players and I wish nothing but the best for Alexis Bowers at Hampton.

Screen,

If history is our guide, then yes there would be more squawking had the tranfer been reversed. People were very upset when Cara Bowling chose to come to Elizabethton from Happy Valley, when Lauren McCurry chose to come from Unicoi County, and when Kristen Powell came from Cloudland. They all had their reasons and I do not believe their was any recruiting. I know we did no recruiting pre-2005, though some may have thought so. Notice when it goes the other way (Bowers to Hampton, Colbaugh to Unaka) very little is said. I think the kids and families decide what is best for them. I do not question the integrity of the coaches involved. All the transfers mentioned have turned out well for the players and I wish nothing but the best for Alexis Bowers at Hampton.

Totally agree Coach....all one has to do is page through some of the old threads on CoachT to see if ANY transfer goes to Besty it is a hot topic for everyone. I agree 99% of transfers are merely done as what is best for the kids involved. Some of these people on here should think next time before they comment about transfers going somewhere else because next time they may be coming to your "glass house" with all those stones you been throwing.

I would like to think that there is never any recruiting going on. It is highly unethical at the high school level. We can all try to guess who does and who doesn't but only those involved will ever know! As I stated on an earlier post transfers are usually parents looking for greener pastures. A slippery slope for sure! Many times it works out on the athletic level and in this way the transfers "justify" their move. There is a lot to be said for the old saying- "Parents it is much more important to prepare your child for the road than to prepare the road for your child". Having been involved in high school athletics for more than 30 years I miss the old days when it was "our against yours". Out of zone players have won state championships at several schools in more that one sport. It has been and always will be there but defeats the intended "purity" of high school athletics.

Screen you seem to be fixated on the transfer. From all i gather Eliz's team was glad to get rid of her and the reason no one is talking about the move is because they know Hampton didn't recruit her, in fact they were probably the only one that didn't. Quit trying to make something out of nothing. Why don't you ask Eliz's players parents/grandparents. They are the one's who are responsible for all this. The girl seems happy where she is and seems to be a good fit.

Bounce, you seem to have taken the question in a personal manner. I was just asking if it had gone the other way would they be more talk. Which as you can see by the replies a lot seem to think so. The reply about Coach Tolley was in jest. I'm sure Coach Tolley didn't tell her not to come as what coach would. I do disagree with the statement that Elizabethton was glad to get rid of her. If she was trouble there then she will be trouble at Hampton. Which I don't think she was or will be.