Baylor at McCallie

trublu2

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt the state tourney seeding based on previous medaling and not head to head? So wouldn't Brunner still have the 1 seed because the higher medaling?

No, the DII tournament is seeded using a set of criteria of which head-to-head is the first. This is vastly different than the separation that occurs in the DI tournament.

Full details can be found in the TSSAA Handbook for wrestling:

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/wrestling.pdf

Edited by ghouse

Should be a fun time at McCallie on Friday. I plan to be there! Not a Red fan, but expect them to be back at close to full speed this Friday with a lineup including Murphy, Powell, Eady, Watson, Brunner, Popp, Clements, Cate, Huff, Craig, Bodine, Norred, Seaburg and Payne. Also don't rule out Holloway making his first appearance of the season. With that lineup, Baylor is my favorite to repeat.

I've not said anything on here in over a year, but felt this was a good place to put in my only two cents this season. The irony of this match this year is that both teams are really down. They are definitely not at their best. Yet, this will probably be one of the closest matches between the two in a while. Lots of possibilities. Lots of unknown. Lots of good times.

This would not be a year to miss- no one knows what's going to happen.

You send me a facebook message about your one and only post of the year,so I race home to see what great prediction my favorite female poster ( i"m not sure if 2lbleg squats to pee) and I get this..

COME ON GIRL, say it..... You think that the EBE will end the arse whuppins!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I would do If im the coach of TBSFBAG, Lay down... Take your chance against the purple fisheaters and then collect your 2nd place trophy....

Wrestle90, good luck to your bro this year at Lou Hoops Retirement tournament, in the JV Div..

bcb iii :flower: sends

Let's get some predictions started, I honestly have no idea what to say so I'll let y'all do the predictions.

Correct me if I'm wrong on these starting line ups

103 Murphy v.s Westbrooks

113 Canada? v.s Elsea

120 Eady vs Connell

126 Watson v.s Davis

132 Bruner v.s T. Westbrooks

138 Sutherland v.s Ward

145 Popp v.s Kent

152 Cate v.s Halleron

160 Huff v.s McCroskey

170 Craig vs. Berz

182 Bodine vs Hoodenpyle

195 Norred v.s ?

220 Seaberg vs Cook

285 Payne v.s Youngblood

Who is this Powell kid at 113 for Baylor? Will Watson bump to wrestle Westbrooks? Does Clements fit in the Baylor lineup with Popp going down to 138? Will Baylor have all their starters back? Did McCallie find a 195? Among those questions, there are a lot of toss up matches even if the competitors have already wrestled, such as 103, 132, 160, 170, 220?

Can we get some team score predictions?

You send me a facebook message about your one and only post of the year,so I race home to see what great prediction my favorite female poster ( i"m not sure if 2lbleg squats to pee) and I get this..

COME ON GIRL, say it..... You think that the EBE will end the arse whuppins!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I would do If im the coach of TBSFBAG, Lay down... Take your chance against the purple fisheaters and then collect your 2nd place trophy....

Wrestle90, good luck to your bro this year at Lou Hoops Retirement tournament, in the JV Div..

bcb iii :flower: sends

Now BCB, you have grown up with this mess all around you- you know laying down is not an option against the Blowin' Blue.

Let's get some predictions started, I honestly have no idea what to say so I'll let y'all do the predictions.

Correct me if I'm wrong on these starting line ups

103 Murphy v.s Westbrooks

113 Canada? v.s Elsea

120 Eady vs Connell

126 Watson v.s Davis

132 Bruner v.s T. Westbrooks

138 Sutherland v.s Ward

145 Popp v.s Kent

152 Cate v.s Halleron

160 Huff v.s McCroskey

170 Craig vs. Berz

182 Bodine vs Hoodenpyle

195 Norred v.s ?

220 Seaberg vs Cook

285 Payne v.s Youngblood

Who is this Powell kid at 113 for Baylor? Will Watson bump to wrestle Westbrooks? Does Clements fit in the Baylor lineup with Popp going down to 138? Will Baylor have all their starters back? Did McCallie find a 195? Among those questions, there are a lot of toss up matches even if the competitors have already wrestled, such as 103, 132, 160, 170, 220?

Can we get some team score predictions?

From what I've been told, Kaleb Powell is an 8th grader who Baylor had planned on using at 113 all season, but has been out due to a knee injury of some sort? I definitely don't see Watson bumping to wrestle Westbrooks since Brunner lost to him just this past weekend...look for Brunner to be out for some revenge. And I would have to suspect Clements will be in the line up as well. If I'm not mistaken, didn't this young man start for the EBE as an 8th grader and a freshman? LOL. I also believe he is a two-time VA Beach All American. I'm assuming you were being sarcastic about him making their lineup since he is now an enemy of your team. Although, I have heard the rumors that he is descending to 138 himself and Bryson Popp staying at 145. As far as predictions go I'm going with Baylor by 6-10. Question: What does a Baylor win mean for the state duals? Would this match the winner or loser up with Father Ryan in the semis?

need i clarify? better records may offer greater opportunity, why not Westbrooks? Has for others.

make sense now mtn man??

Glad to see you on this thread to help make it more interesting/ fun,,,yet I must say,,,Tim Westbrooks doesn't run from anyone,,,he's battled Mr Watsons for years and never backed down. Brunner and Westbrooks are both good wrestlers / good kids,,,and I'm sure it could go either way anytime they meet which is what makes great and or highly anticipated matches.

That being said,,,the Baylor - Stanford scenario really has nothing to do with EBE's possible (tactical) decisions to shift kids to better their odds. Disclaimer: I said all that to say this,,,I know you know all this, and I like your style of hitting both schools at once with one statement, nice! Now get W-90 good any mad,,,and we will have a topic, haha

fyi,,,EBE has a few real studs (Ward topping that list),,,however , with Baylor returning some of their injured starters,,,Baylor wins!

fyi 2- bcb sends??? I love the way you love me! Can we sit together?

CC,,,sends...

need i clarify? better records may offer greater opportunity, why not Westbrooks? Has for others.

make sense now mtn man??

I see that you stretched a long way to take a swipe at "others" who are long gone and have nothing to do with this situation. In fact, certainly in one of the cases you site, your example makes the oppostite point to that which you are struggling to make. Makes no sense to me.

Question: What does a Baylor win mean for the state duals? Would this match the winner or loser up with Father Ryan in the semis?

The winner of the match would get CBHS in the semis - loser would be in the bottom bracket (if i read it right)

The seeding criteria puts Middle TN and East TN (traditional wrestling powerhouses) in the same region and West TN (never a region known for wrestling) gets its own region ..... mmmmmmm wonder who came up with this criteria? http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_165834.asp