TSSAA rules?

oldkodger

Wondering if tssaa has rules about how players conduct themselves and if so, do they enforce these rules. Or is it up to the school to make sure these young men represent their community in a respectful manner. Example: I was at a game last night and a team won a very close game. They were celebrating as they should have but on the way off the floor they were using foul language and hand jesters. Its was a shame to their school and community. They played a very good game and had alot to be proud of but ruined it with their lack of class!

Bet It was HALLS HIGH? Their are TSSAA rules governing sportsmanship and conduct but it is rarely enforcrd. The official have control of the game and can and do point out unruley fans. It is really the job of the host schools administration to control their fan and the same with the away school. If you saw the Halls fan arrested up in Campbell county it was a bad deal. First, the Halls student section was out of control. I mean school spirit is one thing but some of the things they were chanting clearly crossed the line. At one point one of their shirtless fans walked in front of the scores table and did some sort of vulgar dance and everyone from halls laughed but their administraters should have jerked him up by the ear and told him to stay in the stands, Secondly, both schools had it worked out that each student section would go out seperate entrances, agreed on by Halls because some of the things they were yelling really pissed the CC students off and they could respond because their principal was standing right next to them and wouldnt allow any vulgar responses. Halls AD should have stopped some of it. Lastly, Halls beat Campbell by like 5 point and it was a real good game for both teams. The buzzer goes off and Halls fans storm the court like they just won the state championship or something. I mean they beat the 5th place team in their district, in the regular season for that matter. Again, I bet it was Halls!

Wondering if tssaa has rules about how players conduct themselves and if so, do they enforce these rules. Or is it up to the school to make sure these young men represent their community in a respectful manner. Example: I was at a game last night and a team won a very close game. They were celebrating as they should have but on the way off the floor they were using foul language and hand jesters. Its was a shame to their school and community. They played a very good game and had alot to be proud of but ruined it with their lack of class!

I've got to wonder how much "class" was being demonstrated when the home crowd was booing either the officials or the opposing team off the floor. I'll take your word on the foul language, but the only hand jesters that I heard about were directed at the scoreboard. I doubt the TSSAA has any rules against that.

I've got to wonder how much "class" was being demonstrated when the home crowd was booing either the officials or the opposing team off the floor. I'll take your word on the foul language, but the only hand jesters that I heard about were directed at the scoreboard. I doubt the TSSAA has any rules against that.

I doubt if the crowd was booing the winning team leaving the floor. I CAN believe that they were booing the poor excuse for an officiating crew. The losing team deserved to lose. They have enough talent that they should have not been in a position to lose this game, but, still, the officiating was pathetic. I've watched these individuals in MANY games and don't remember ever seeing this kind of officiating from them. Why this particular game? Again, I'm not blaming the officials for the loss. The winning team played a great game and deserved to win. The losing team played the way they've been playing recently,far below their capabilities, and deserved to lose. If I do remember correctly, the winning team happens to be the same team that caused a lot of damage to the dressing room when they won a game here a few years ago.

Pardon me for being elderly but what is a "hand jester"?

I doubt if the crowd was booing the winning team leaving the floor. I CAN believe that they were booing the poor excuse for an officiating crew. The losing team deserved to lose. They have enough talent that they should have not been in a position to lose this game, but, still, the officiating was pathetic. I've watched these individuals in MANY games and don't remember ever seeing this kind of officiating from them. Why this particular game? Again, I'm not blaming the officials for the loss. The winning team played a great game and deserved to win. The losing team played the way they've been playing recently,far below their capabilities, and deserved to lose. If I do remember correctly, the winning team happens to be the same team that caused a lot of damage to the dressing room when they won a game here a few years ago.

It was pretty easy to determine the boos were directed at the refs. They may have escalated somewhat from the student section when the DC player pointed at the scoreboard. Your point about the "losing team" is well taken. There is definitely something amiss with this team. Optimists would say 16-7 is a pretty good record which it is. But, sit down and make a list of the "good" teams they have beaten this year. Most figured the losses of Huitt and Melton would hurt some, but ample replacements were waiting in the wings. McCoin, who played really well a year ago, was one of the replacements as well as Beaty. No disrespect intended, but nobody in the district should be able to compete with this LA team much less beat them. Motivation, or maybe a lack thereof, seems to be part of the problem. Smith co. competed with them for 3.5 quarters, York hung around pretty much the whole game, Upperman should have beat them,a 30 point loss to SM, and then the loss to DC(who they beat earlier by 15 points). Any objective fan knows none of that should be going on. This team has good size, quickness, good shooters, and pretty athletic. The reason for their languid play is truly puzzling. This may be my last commentary for a while. I'm booked solid for concert dates for the next 8 weeks. When I check back in, maybe things will be improved.

PM