2012 Class AAA Mr. Basketball Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are an idiot if you don't think Poythress is the best in the state. Who is the best? considering Poythress is averaging about 30 a game

Him averaging 30 a game could be a product of two things. The competition he plays and the other options there are on his team. Does he play the competition night in and night out that the Memphis schools and Dyer County plays? I think we all know the answer to that. Also J3, King, and Hubbs have other viable D1 talent to disperse points to. Poythress does not. By your reasoning, a person that plays at UT Martin and averages 25 pts a game is better than Michal Kidd-Gilchrist at Ky. If you think he's the best by a wide margin, you will be surprised if you go to the Boro and see them side by side. I have seen them all and I think that there could be 3 players rated as high or higher in the Jr class than Poythress is this year. With that being said any of the 4 mentioned are well deserving.

No offense, but Dyer Co.'s district isn't that strong. However, it is who they have to play and also their non-district schedule is very tough. With that being said, Clarksville NE has played NOBODY that is a legit contender in AAA. Maybe Brentood? whom they lost to as well. Poythress should be having his way against Kenwood, Rossview, West Creek etc... Now, that I'm done saying that, Jonathan J3 Williams from Southwind is having a great season against much stronger competition in Memphis. He also played a good game against Arlington Country Day as well as Dyer Co. There's no way that Poythress is a clear cut favorite as Mr. Basketball for this year. Just because he's going to Kentucky doesn't make him the best in Tennessee.

[i agrees about the district. They have played a strong non- district schedule. I am not saying Poythress shouldn't win. He is a fantastic player. But to say it's a cut and dry issue is not accurate in the least.

quote name=GCPioneer' timestamp='1327978587' post='2769677]

NQ

o offense, but Dyer Co.'s district isn't that strong. However, it is who they have to play and also their non-district schedule is very tough. With that being said, Clarksville NE has played NOBODY that is a legit contender in AAA. Maybe Brentood? whom they lost to as well. Poythress should be having his way against Kenwood, Rossview, West Creek etc... Now, that I'm done saying that, Jonathan J3 Williams from Southwind is having a great season against much stronger competition in Memphis. He also played a good game against Arlington Country Day as well as Dyer Co. There's no way that Poythress is a clear cut favorite as Mr. Basketball for this year. Just because he's going to Kentucky doesn't make him the best in Tennessee.

Edited by dcballas

• 5 months later...

Poythress is the best player in the state! Period, end of discussion! Clarksville has good basketball! And if you dont believe that, believe this: Poythress was one of the top 3 players at the LeBron James Skills Camp last summer, which is a collection of the best players from around the COUNTRY! Not to mention that he dominated the EYBL this summer too. Hubbs is a nice kid but he isnt close to Poythress's level.

Looks like rivals disagrees with your assessment of Hubbs. At the same point in their career Hubbs is ranked higher than AP.

Edited by dcballas