2012 DII A Mr. Basketball Ballot

CoachT

The ballot is in my hand and is due by Monday, Feb 6th. Many media members will read your comments and positive comments are much more effective than negative ones. Tell us who TO vote for. Thanks

"The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented for each classification prior to the championship game awards presentation for each class, respectively. The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II will be given on Saturday, March 3 at Allen Arena on the campus of Lipscomb University in Nashville.

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 10 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 17 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the Mr. or Miss Basketball Award.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification. You may submit the names of up to three players in each classification for the awards."

this award is a tough one. I have been at the tournament the past two years and to say that the crowd was shocked at the winners would be an understatement. Two years ago the kid from USN was the best player on the floor no doubt about it. Last year the kid from ECS was outstanding and should have won it. Im not saying that the winners were not deserving, they definately should have been in the running, just not the winner. This year from what Ive seen and heard I think it will come down to a couple of really good players. The Glover kid from USJ is obviously putting up some pretty big scoring numbers and won it last year, so I would say he would probably be the front runner. My personal pick would be the Nash kid from USN. We played them at the beginning of December and this kid does it all, he fills up the stat sheet and puts in around 20 per. THe Marberry kid from FRA is young but definately should get some attention and I keep hearing about a guard from Lausanne named Payne who is putting up good numbers.

John Ross Glover. What an exciting player to watch. He appears to be a kid on a mission this year. He has a much better team around him. As I have said in other votes, John Ross has not limited himself to the High School arena. He has played all over the country with players like Newby, Elder, Poythress, Bradshaw, Golden, Hudson, Lindsey, J3, Nichols, etc etc from the state of TN and countless others that are high on the Unapproved Website from other parts of the country.

this award is a tough one. I have been at the tournament the past two years and to say that the crowd was shocked at the winners would be an understatement. Two years ago the kid from USN was the best player on the floor no doubt about it. Last year the kid from ECS was outstanding and should have won it. Im not saying that the winners were not deserving, they definately should have been in the running, just not the winner. This year from what Ive seen and heard I think it will come down to a couple of really good players. The Glover kid from USJ is obviously putting up some pretty big scoring numbers and won it last year, so I would say he would probably be the front runner. My personal pick would be the Nash kid from USN. We played them at the beginning of December and this kid does it all, he fills up the stat sheet and puts in around 20 per. THe Marberry kid from FRA is young but definately should get some attention and I keep hearing about a guard from Lausanne named Payne who is putting up good numbers.

I'm pretty sure the decisions are made on these prior to state/substate tournament play. Kasper from ECS had a great year last season but the show he put on during the state tournament run is what everybody always hears and speaks of. Based on the regular season last year, IMO, Glover deserved this award hands down and should this year as well. But, as seen during the Football vote, stranger things have happened.

Being from the West, never heard of the Nash kid until a couple of weeks ago and anyone that has actually seen the Payne kid from Lausanne play (and not just the box scores) probably knows he doesn't belong in this discussion.

Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

I'm pretty sure the decisions are made on these prior to state/substate tournament play. Kasper from ECS had a great year last season but the show he put on during the state tournament run is what everybody always hears and speaks of. Based on the regular season last year, IMO, Glover deserved this award hands down and should this year as well. But, as seen during the Football vote, stranger things have happened.

Being from the West, never heard of the Nash kid until a couple of weeks ago and anyone that has actually seen the Payne kid from Lausanne play (and not just the box scores) probably knows he doesn't belong in this discussion.

I'm not sure how you figure Payne doesn't belong in the discussion. First off, he was a starter on the Memphis YOMCA team that won Peach Jam this past summer. Secondly, his high school team has played quality competition and he is averaging 19 ppg and 4 apg, and 3 spg. They have played teams like Columbia High (Decatur, GA) that was ranked #9 in the country at the time (Payne had 19 against them), they played White Station (he had 17 points), and against Bolivar (he had 32 points). Plus the kid has several Division I offers (from Murray St. and Arkansas St.) to name a few. Plus Belmont is coming after him hard as well. I don't know too many kids in Division II-A with those accolades. So for you to say he doesn't belong at least in the discussion is a huge mistake, in my opinion.

Glover is good and Im not trying to take anything away from him. I just think that from start to finish and everything he did Kaspar was the best player. THis year I think Payne deserves to be in the discussion based on what he has done. Throw out all of the summer ball and AAU and base it on this year, he deserves to be in discussion. The Nash kid is probably the most complete player of the three. He literally does it all, scores, rebounds, assists, steals, team leader. He is fun to watch as Im sure they all are. Glover will obviously be the front runner with last years win and some very high scoring outbursts, but Im telling you the Nash kid definately should be in the conversation.

I'm not sure how you figure Payne doesn't belong in the discussion. First off, he was a starter on the Memphis YOMCA team that won Peach Jam this past summer. Secondly, his high school team has played quality competition and he is averaging 19 ppg and 4 apg, and 3 spg. They have played teams like Columbia High (Decatur, GA) that was ranked #9 in the country at the time (Payne had 19 against them), they played White Station (he had 17 points), and against Bolivar (he had 32 points). Plus the kid has several Division I offers (from Murray St. and Arkansas St.) to name a few. Plus Belmont is coming after him hard as well. I don't know too many kids in Division II-A with those accolades. So for you to say he doesn't belong at least in the discussion is a huge mistake, in my opinion.

I can respect that, I just think he throws up way too many shots and seems to be more in it for those stats you just mentioned than he is from a team stand point. He has more than likely been the reason for them not going any farther than they have over the last couple of years than the reason they went as far as they did.

I've only seen him play 4 times so I guess I shouldn't pass judgement but he was off all 4 times yet continued to throw stuff up. I think Wooten is the best player on that team.

Once again, my opinion which is what these boards are for.

Glover is good and Im not trying to take anything away from him. I just think that from start to finish and everything he did Kaspar was the best player. THis year I think Payne deserves to be in the discussion based on what he has done. Throw out all of the summer ball and AAU and base it on this year, he deserves to be in discussion. The Nash kid is probably the most complete player of the three. He literally does it all, scores, rebounds, assists, steals, team leader. He is fun to watch as Im sure they all are. Glover will obviously be the front runner with last years win and some very high scoring outbursts, but Im telling you the Nash kid definately should be in the conversation.

I can respect this as well. Kasper is doing well @ Bucknell and being a senior last year with Glover having one more year, I would not have been as heart broken had he won the award. He truly had a great season and one would have to think that the decision came down to stats...at least that's what it looks like.

I am obviously biased towards Glover because I get to watch him on a weekly basis, yet given the obstacles he has had this year, his numbers are impressive beyond belief. Not only dealing with opposing defenses, yet with stardom comes bias, which has been the case this year. He is getting beat up on a regular basis and can't move without getting a charge called yet still averaging over 30 a game.

Like I said, have not seen the Nash kid play yet am looking forward to it. What year is he, I assume he is young since he seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Alrighty, well we all know Glover will be there due to the fact he won it last year. Now the whole averaging 30 a game? He has no one else on the team and shoots the ball 40+ times a game. USJ games are online and you can watch what Im talking about. Cameron Payne is good but it doesnt matter what he does in AAU. He should be in conversation but it is true the kid is a ball stopper. He gets it he shoots it. Seriously doubting the 4 apg? He is good but again another kid who puts it up way more then anyone else. Seen Liam Nash, he is good and probably should get some love in the voting. Plays a little out of control but he does do it all. Think he is a Jr. but not sure. Rob Marberry might be the best talent of the whole bunch but doesn't consistently put up numers. I think he will win this award before he graduates, just not this year.

Keeping it real!

How about considering Skal Labissierre of ECS? The Freshman is only leading Division II-A in Scoring, Rebounding, and Blocks while shooting 81% on Free Throws (MPreps). Sure the team has lost a few games this year to some of the best AAA teams in TN and the #1 team in KY, but the team is beginning to hit its stride at just the right time with Skal leading the way.

Edited by desotorebel

Alrighty, well we all know Glover will be there due to the fact he won it last year. Now the whole averaging 30 a game? He has no one else on the team and shoots the ball 40+ times a game. USJ games are online and you can watch what Im talking about. Cameron Payne is good but it doesnt matter what he does in AAU. He should be in conversation but it is true the kid is a ball stopper. He gets it he shoots it. Seriously doubting the 4 apg? He is good but again another kid who puts it up way more then anyone else. Seen Liam Nash, he is good and probably should get some love in the voting. Plays a little out of control but he does do it all. Think he is a Jr. but not sure. Rob Marberry might be the best talent of the whole bunch but doesn't consistently put up numers. I think he will win this award before he graduates, just not this year.

Keeping it real!

At least you are consistently an idiot regardless of which thread you grace.....