Predictions for 11AA

coachcutt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, my son graduated last year so I got on here to catch up but it is really quiet on this thread. Camden is now 5-2 after losing to Harpeth tonight. Problem is in my opinion they haven't had a quality win yet. They beat Bruceton and Waverly twice and neither team had a strong lineup. I was impressed when they beat Henry Co. but not sure how solid the HC team is this year. Camden has a lot of players who can throw the ball, they just need a few to step up and pitch. Mainly stuck with last years seniors pitching so the younger ones didn't get as much experience as you would like them to. But they have some promising arms that should be ready soon. Defense should (emphasis on should) be solid with 3rd, ss, 2nd, C, and two outfielders returning. Only problem with that is the defense was suspect at times last year. I was at my son's college game tonight so didn't go to Harpeth. Any opinions on the game?

Harpeth has Cheatham this week, hard to believe we have played 4 district games and already feel like we neeed to win out in order to compete. I'm not sure if Jekyl or Hyde will show up today, we have played so well at times, and equally bad at others. The team chemistry seems to come and go, depending on the effort. We are capable of beating any team inthe district, but also capable of getting run ruled by MC. Hopefully we can settle down and do work for the balance of the season. What is up with 4 out of 7 teams in the district not supporting a JV program? Where do they expect to get next years starters from? It really hurts your program not to have the JV team engaged and getting playing time, most of these kids are nowhere near ready to play varsity and desperately need playing time. I think it is pretty short sighted to take a year off from JV.

Hopefully we can get a big win tonight and get back on track to finish the season strong!