Dalton Boles

barb

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'll go there...really...retire his number before he even graduates?

Retire it period? I guess they will have to drop the football program now. How could they ever go on? What about that Ward kid? Wasn't he the all-time leading rusher before Boles? And I'm sure that on signing day, Boles will be signing with a D-1 school. Yeah right, maybe Daddy will pay his way to play college football. And I have been wanting to talk about the "Border Bowl!" First off, All Bowl team? He had like 5 carries for 13 yds. You can tell the Greeneville Sun anything, and they will print it. The plaque he was holding was complimentary with the $300 cover charge, no All Bowl Team. He got a ring too for that price.

Retire it period? I guess they will have to drop the football program now. How could they ever go on? What about that Ward kid? Wasn't he the all-time leading rusher before Boles? And I'm sure that on signing day, Boles will be signing with a D-1 school. Yeah right, maybe Daddy will pay his way to play college football. And I have been wanting to talk about the "Border Bowl!" First off, All Bowl team? He had like 5 carries for 13 yds. You can tell the Greeneville Sun anything, and they will print it. The plaque he was holding was complimentary with the $300 cover charge, no All Bowl Team. He got a ring too for that price.

I think many schools actually have jerseys retired for their all-time leading rusher//all-time leading scorer (basketball), etc. Do I think it was early to do this? Probably. Do I think maybe Ward deserved/deserves it? Maybe. I think the main thing is WG now has an administration that enjoys recognizing players/students for their accomplishments.

As far as the "daddy" comment, I think every school has a few parents who go overboard for their kid...even Greeneville.

My question is: should adults be on here bashing the fact that a hard-working student-athlete had a great career and got his jersey retired? I am sure he did not ask or demand it. If someone wanted to retire my high school jersey, I would probably let them.

Edited by gcfball

I think many schools actually have jerseys retired for their all-time leading rusher//all-time leading scorer (basketball), etc. Do I think it was early to do this? Probably. Do I think maybe Ward deserved/deserves it? Maybe. I think the main thing is WG now has an administration that enjoys recognizing players/students for their accomplishments.

As far as the "daddy" comment, I think every school has a few parents who go overboard for their kid...even Greeneville.

My question is: should adults be on here bashing the fact that a hard-working student-athlete had a great career and got his jersey retired? I am sure he did not ask or demand it. If someone wanted to retire my high school jersey, I would probably let them.

Just think if they could have won a playoff game, the field and school may be named after him? It would have made sense a little more if he would have won the "Mr. Football" award. Just another topic that will be fun to watch.

As far as the daddy comment, yes their are kids from everywhere that their dad's pay for college. That's obvious! I will not elaborate on signing day just yet, I am going to wait and see what happens.

I didn't intend to bash the kid, but retiring a jersey before he even graduates kinda puts some unrealistic expectations on his future performance. I just think the administration could find other ways to recognize his accomplishment other than such a revered gesture. Maybe after he has an outstanding college and/or pro career, becomes a legendary war hero or cures cancer...but most certainly after he satisfies the academic requirements for graduation. And the Ward kid was every bit as good a back...possibly better.

I didn't intend to bash the kid, but retiring a jersey before he even graduates kinda puts some unrealistic expectations on his future performance. I just think the administration could find other ways to recognize his accomplishment other than such a revered gesture. Maybe after he has an outstanding college and/or pro career, becomes a legendary war hero or cures cancer...but most certainly after he satisfies the academic requirements for graduation. And the Ward kid was every bit as good a back...possibly better.

I agree about Ward. I also said that this honor was probably too early also.

As far as the daddy comment, yes their are kids from everywhere that their dad's pay for college. That's obvious! I will not elaborate on signing day just yet, I am going to wait and see what happens.

What does signing day have to do with anything? Are you that excited to see where he signs?

What if he decides he doesn't want to play in college?

Wherever he signs or whatever he decides to do doesn't take away from what he has already accomplished as a high school student-athlete.

Just think if they could have won a playoff game, the field and school may be named after him? It would have made sense a little more if he would have won the "Mr. Football" award. Just another topic that will be fun to watch.

Do you really in some far off fantasy land that you live in think he doesn't deserve this honor? WOW! Yeah probably too soon, but good grief! One of the best statistical season/careers in Tennessee high school football history! In reguards to the Mr Football comment, do you have any idea why he didn't win it? Oh yeah, Charlie High had a record BREAKING year. Come on man...

Sounds to me like some Green Devil fans are a little jealous that someone else in their county got some recognition. It doesn't have to be about the Green Devils 24/7. Let the school and this player enjoy a remarkable accomplishment. Retiring his number before he graduates to me shows what an impact this young man had on his school and community.

Congrats to him.

I think the kid deserves credit for what he did in the his career at WGHS but his career in HS still isn't even over. You should not retire a jersey when the kid has not even graduated. Name another player that has had his jersey retired before he graduated at any HS? Makes WGHS look like nothing great has ever happened at there schools sports wise and nothing else will happen as good since they have retired Boles number while he still is walking the halls.