3. Friendship Christian 17-2 141 5

4. Mt. Pleasant 17-2 131 2

5. McEwen 20-1 125 3

6. Clay County 17-4 86 7

7. Lake County 14-8 70 8

8. Middleton 17-5 53 6

9. Grace Christian 17-3 52 10

10. Cloudland 14-8 26 9

well they got our record wrong, were (19-3)

I think they should vote Perry Co. #1 in the polls because that is as close as they'll come to being a #1 team in Single A. :roflol::popcorneater: lol I couldn't resist. Just messing with ya guru. I know you like to talk trash, so I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in there. On a serious note, this poll looks about right for the time being as far as records etc.

Edited by GCPioneer

I think they should vote Perry Co. #1 in the polls because that is as close as they'll come to being a #1 team in Single A. :roflol::popcorneater: lol I couldn't resist. Just messing with ya guru. I know you like to talk trash, so I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in there. On a serious note, this poll looks about right for the time being as far as records etc.

Yea I noticed where when BTW played a team that wasn't Middle School level(Westwood) they only won by 2.

You do realize Booker T. Washington plays stronger competition than Perry Co.? Perry Co. would not/could not keep up with the athleticism in Memphis. Booker T. Washington has eclipsed 100+ points in 4 games this season. You need to realize that u bashing Booker T. Washington makes no difference to them because they know they're good. It hurts you so bad when someone talks down on Perry Co. because you know it's truth. You guys got beat by 20 last year in the semi's against a Middleton team that was easily beaten by Lake Co. in the championship. You guys have the same team? So does Lake Co.! Booker T Washington is loaded with athleticism as well as the best player in the state in Single A.

Edited by GCPioneer

You do realize Booker T. Washington plays stronger competition than Perry Co.? Perry Co. would not/could not keep up with the athleticism in Memphis. Booker T. Washington has eclipsed 100+ points in 4 games this season. You need to realize that u bashing Booker T. Washington makes no difference to them because they know they're good. It hurts you so bad when someone talks down on Perry Co. because you know it's truth. You guys got beat by 20 last year in the semi's against a Middleton team that was easily beaten by Lake Co. in the championship. You guys have the same team? So does Lake Co.! Booker T Washington is loaded with athleticism as well as the best player in the state in Single A.

Im pretty sure we only lost by 8 in the semis. Lake Co lost there 6'8" center that didn't score alot but definitely affected a ton of shots that would have been taken in the paint and brought down alot of rebounds. I have a feeling you know as much about Perry County as I do about BTW. If you check the strength of schedule on CoachT BTWs is 112th in AA, only 1 team has a worse strenght of schedule. You also need to realize that Athletes don't = Talent. I won't argue that Newby is the best player in the State, but what supporting cast does he have? Im not worried about getting beat by a 1 man show. :thumb:

Oh and just so you know I didn't bash BTW, I bashed their competition.

Edited by theGURU

I'm pretty sure 64-56 is not 20 points and we beat Lake Co. 83-69 @ home and got beat at Lake Co. (without Jacob Tucker) 72-61...so you need to get your facts straight before telling me or guru about our team

Edited by SportsFan70

so your telling me a school called Middle College and M.A.H.S., M.E.S. and whatever other teams there are that they beat by 50+ is better then us??? how crazy are u??

You guys play nobody! You lost to Waverly and Summertown!?! Luckily, you squeaked by Riverside earlier this year, lol. That 29-25 win over Summertown looked like a barn burner. Watch out for Frank Hughes! They might upset you on Friday, lol...

Seriously, the only good thing you guys have in Perry Co. is Kirk Haston. If I were you guys, I'd dwell off of the state championships you won in the 50's and 60's rather than talk trash about how Perry Co. is going to win it all this year, lol. I'll remind you of this during the state tournaments and just make your loss that much more painful.

During our 10 game winning streak we are averaging 63 ppg. and giving up 47 ppg...the only thing that hurt us was that 29 point performance when even BTW probably wouldn't have scored anymore than that because Summertown held the ball for 4 min. (not kidding) and we just did the same to pretty much smack Les in the face. BTW pretty much plays Middle School teams...besides Westwood, Sheffield, Kirby, and City University but only City, WW, and S'field are the only ones that are any good

Im pretty sure we only lost by 8 in the semis. Lake Co lost there 6'8" center that didn't score alot but definitely affected a ton of shots that would have been taken in the paint and brought down alot of rebounds. I have a feeling you know as much about Perry County as I do about BTW. If you check the strength of schedule on CoachT BTWs is 112th in AA, only 1 team has a worse strenght of schedule. You also need to realize that Athletes don't = Talent. I won't argue that Newby is the best player in the State, but what supporting cast does he have? Im not worried about getting beat by a 1 man show. :thumb:

Oh and just so you know I didn't bash BTW, I bashed their competition.

I realize this, CoachT strength of schedule is based on records,which is not a good indicator. Teams are not as good in your area. Period! If you look at the records of West TN teams at the state tournament, they usually have 5-6 loses. Their competition is tougher. There was a lady that sat next to me last year that said 7 loses, how did they get here? We will beat them. I said to her, they are 20 points better than you. The game was over at halftime.

I realize this, CoachT strength of schedule is based on records,which is not a good indicator. Teams are not as good in your area. Period! If you look at the records of West TN teams at the state tournament, they usually have 5-6 loses. Their competition is tougher. There was a lady that sat next to me last year that said 7 loses, how did they get here? We will beat them. I said to her, they are 20 points better than you. The game was over at halftime.

None of those teams in Region 8 with exception of MAYBE BTW would beat PC. PERIODS........