district 7Aand tourney

archeryhunter

Didn't TC be JC in the rematch at JC? I would think that FC and Gordonsville would be much improved over their early season games with the football players getting a season of experience. I would think the top 3 from district 7 will have to play well to win.

Can Clarkrange host 1st round of region?

TC has never beaten JC when it counted in basketball and if they play eachother in the region they will not beat them at home. I think Clarkrange, JC and Clay all win with the private school winning as well. Good luck to all the 7A teams.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swaney I know Friendship and Watertown have pretty good teams and will probably win at home and the other two might travel and win but not likely. I know time changes a lot but JC defeated Gordonsville by 30 and Trousdale by double digits. Clay split with Friendship and I know football player and such was a factor but with the inconsistancy all these teams have shown this season the team that shows up will win. JC is now playing like they did early season and some of the others are better too. I remember a few years ago the sane senario and JC beat friendship in region when noone thought they could be beat. 7A is the under dog but thats why we play the games.

Well the first 2 games of the year Gville lost by a combined 55 points, but they've won 4 of their last 6 with 2 of those wins being against Clay County and Watertown. I was just stirring up trouble with my previous statement, in all likelihood I see Watertown and FCS winning, whoever plays TC from 7a will probably win, but I do see the game between Gville and whoever they play out of 7a a very good game that could go either way. I have a hard time rooting against either district, I just hope it's a good and competitive tournament and whoever comes out of the region goes as far as they possible can...

Didn't TC be JC in the rematch at JC? I would think that FC and Gordonsville would be much improved over their early season games with the football players getting a season of experience. I would think the top 3 from district 7 will have to play well to win.

Can Clarkrange host 1st round of region?

Yes Clarkrange can host a region game. The "girls" were banned from hosting but that ended this year, which it dont matter cause they got to travel anyways. The boys were never banned from hosting a region game. They hosted Red Boiling Springs in Region tournament last year, but the girls had to travel to trousdale Co.

Yes Clarkrange can host a region game. The "girls" were banned from hosting but that ended this year, which it dont matter cause they got to travel anyways. The boys were never banned from hosting a region game. They hosted Red Boiling Springs in Region tournament last year, but the girls had to travel to trousdale Co.

you are probably right but I know the santion was due to incorrect seating capacity and the school reporting it wrong or at least that is my understanding, then why wouldn't that effect the whole school. If a gym too small for a girls game its too small for boys. It dosen't matter to me and I hope C'range wins against 8a but I don't understand can RBS then host region next year.

They played in the 07-08 season in region and the 08-09 season in region. That is the only 2 times they have played that mattered since JCounty turned to Single A.

Agreed and they have lost both times and both times they hosted the game. JC is playing very good right now, the best they have played all year. If they win tomorrow nights game then it could be another cinderella post season run like the one in 08 where they took it all the way to the state tournament!

Im not 100%I sure on the whole ban thing. I know the girls were banned because of the undefeated season when they hosted a substate. The gym was full 3 hours before the game started and visitors had no where to sit. Basically had to make people move, which understandably could be fire hazard, etc. Crange is a very small gym for girls to usually host region/substate games and it should be fixed and made larger. I just know for some reason it didn't apply to boys since they hosted RBS last yr in region so it may just be substate but I really don't know.

Edited by archeryhunter

you are probably right but I know the santion was due to incorrect seating capacity and the school reporting it wrong or at least that is my understanding, then why wouldn't that effect the whole school. If a gym too small for a girls game its too small for boys. It dosen't matter to me and I hope C'range wins against 8a but I don't understand can RBS then host region next year.

Our gym is to small to host any sort of tournament. If RBS does get a chance to host it'll be held at Macon County like the district tournament was done this year. They've been lobbying for years to get RBS a new gym, if we get a chance to host every now and then, this is just me speculating, they will build us a gym because their is proffit to be made their.

They vote for honor in 7A on Friday who won MVP from PC Hughes or Roop they both are good who are the 7A first team

Castle of monterey was mvp of district regular season and Mcdowell of JC was mvp of tourney and Ferrell of PC was all tourney from the Bobcats with the other 4 starters from JC, 3 fron C'range and 2 from Clay co.