District 4A

bitterfan

I did think it was kind of strange that he (heckler) was allowed to return to the game. But since both the coach and the parent were to blame, would it have been fair to only remove one of them? Both were in the wrong, right? From rumors down this way, the principal from Oneida had some harsh words for Yaden. How is that relationship going now?

Good luck to both Oneida and Wartburg as both schools are representing their communities well on the hardwood!

Let me say this. The guy in question isn't a good representation of what we Bulldog fans are really about. He always tries to make himself seen and heard and he is a disgrace to our fans. I don't blame the Oneida coach for shutting him up. The funny thing is Tim is like a little dog (all bark and no bite). He shouldn't be allowed back to watch any games at Wartburg and it did look bad that they allowed him back in the gym, let alone near the Oneida bench. I want to apologize to the Oneida team and fans for this action by our administration and law enforcement. The sad thing too is that Tim is the booster cub president for our football team.

Gobey, it would seem any observer would miss the absence (due to illness) of Oneida's starting point guard. You would think it was unusual for Oneida's forwards (C. Jeffers and C. West) to be bringing the ball up against the Bulldog Press. Noah Duncan was sorely missed last night which makes the Indians effort all the more admirable. I also didn't think it was new info that the Indian's have lost several players that could have made a contribution to last night's effort (Foster and H. West come to mind), but those young men have moved to other pursuits outside of basketball.

Now the "hot button" issue.....Yaden never should have engaged the Guy who seemed pretty determined to win the 4-A Heckler of the Year Award. He (Yaden) should have went to the game administrator and asked to have the guy removed from behind his bench....and the Wartburg Fans should not come to his (Bald Guy) defense either because HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING WHEN HE CHOSE TO SIT WHERE HE DID. All places in the gym to go, and he goes right behind the Oneida Bench, I'm sorry folks....but that clearly shows intent. He should have sat with Dallas and those two fine fella's wearing officer's uniforms. (to uphold and protect....?)(that might be a stretch) One of the uniformed officers was even joking around with the guy later in the evening... guess he thought the whole thing was a joke? And again I say Yaden was wrong for ever personnally addressing the guy.

Oneida played like they were missing a guy last night. Wartburg was unquestionably the better team last night. Congrads to those kids....now they get to play at home because they earned it. If Oneida is back at full strength Monday, they might earn a trip to the Glass House....I'm expecting no less of the Bulldogs either. Good luck to both squads.

Bald Guy.....now we know what the guy looks like that is clearly a loser, even though his kid appears to be a winner.

after seeing 28 games or so its hard to remember one certain player i just knew they was shorthanded but wasnt sure who it was lol

I'm am certain the principal at Oneida couldn't have been happy with Coach Yaden's choice of words. My guess is he was expressing that....and I seriously doubt he held his displeasure in front of anyone except the coach. I wouldn't try to climb that grapevine ETNHSFootball because I'm certain someone fed you some bologna and your running with it. My guess is the pricipal and the coach spoke and it won't happen again. (and I'd also guess both are moving forward)

wartburgBulldog, while we acknowledge that you (and the vast majority of the Bulldog Faithful)are obviously cut from a different cloth, you have one member that is Bald, Blue, and has a Yellow Streak down his back. Not sure that the title of President of Football Booster Club is the way I would want my school represented. Davis should have tossed him out of the gym on principal alone and told him to return to the next game after revisiting his behavior. I'd guess, based on the punishment he received, he'll be in find form Monday. Perhaps the Hampton Coach will enjoy his commentary from 3 rows back.

4afan4u, I'd say the only thing that we would do with the guys cardboard head on a stick is make fire. :roflol:Humorous, but we wouldn't pay anything to place an idiot in front of us! In fact, I be very leery if I was a Bulldog Fan sitting around him.....guilt by association!

Gobey.....understandable. Lot of names and numbers to recall. Noah Duncan would be pretty easy to remember though, he very rarely leaves the floor when he is healthy. Handles all the calls and sets from the point guard spot. Jitterbug quick and his Uncle is none other than Micheal Smith. I'd say if you have any knowledge of our history on the hardcourt, Mike probably has entered a discussion or two down there?

Good Luck to your boys, they are a fine basketball team....the only way we would play again is if we both reached the state finals. Not impossible, but probably a longshot at best.....then again thats why they throw it up! :rolleyes:

Gobey.....understandable. Lot of names and numbers to recall. Noah Duncan would be pretty easy to remember though, he very rarely leaves the floor when he is healthy. Handles all the calls and sets from the point guard spot. Jitterbug quick and his Uncle is none other than Micheal Smith. I'd say if you have any knowledge of our history on the hardcourt, Mike probably has entered a discussion or two down there?

Good Luck to your boys, they are a fine basketball team....the only way we would play again is if we both reached the state finals. Not impossible, but probably a longshot at best.....then again thats why they throw it up! :rolleyes:

true anything can happen and thats why they gotta lace em up but i kinda agree humboldt lake county and btw probably wouldnt just step out of our way so we can meet with ease lol

I'm am certain the principal at Oneida couldn't have been happy with Coach Yaden's choice of words. My guess is he was expressing that....and I seriously doubt he held his displeasure in front of anyone except the coach. I wouldn't try to climb that grapevine ETNHSFootball because I'm certain someone fed you some bologna and your running with it. My guess is the pricipal and the coach spoke and it won't happen again. (and I'd also guess both are moving forward)

wartburgBulldog, while we acknowledge that you (and the vast majority of the Bulldog Faithful)are obviously cut from a different cloth, you have one member that is Bald, Blue, and has a Yellow Streak down his back. Not sure that the title of President of Football Booster Club is the way I would want my school represented. Davis should have tossed him out of the gym on principal alone and told him to return to the next game after revisiting his behavior. I'd guess, based on the punishment he received, he'll be in find form Monday. Perhaps the Hampton Coach will enjoy his commentary from 3 rows back.

4afan4u, I'd say the only thing that we would do with the guys cardboard head on a stick is make fire. :roflol:Humorous, but we wouldn't pay anything to place an idiot in front of us! In fact, I be very leery if I was a Bulldog Fan sitting around him.....guilt by association!

lol Rufus, I know YOU guys wouldn't buy em, I meant that Cloudland would, to get to Yaden, haha...I said it for laughs and to try and lighten the mood a little. Could you imagine Cloudland filling the bleachers behind the bench with his face? That would be soooo low! lol...anyway, I hope you guys lay it on em Monday night! :D

I did think it was kind of strange that he (heckler) was allowed to return to the game. But since both the coach and the parent were to blame, would it have been fair to only remove one of them? Both were in the wrong, right? From rumors down this way, the principal from Oneida had some harsh words for Yaden. How is that relationship going now?

Good luck to both Oneida and Wartburg as both schools are representing their communities well on the hardwood!

I really don't think both were in the wrong. With the "fan" spewing the foul names at the Oneida players and cursing them by taking the Lord's name in vain with the name calling, I feel like Coach Yaden had to stand up for our sons and players. As I said before, I wish Coach Yaden hadn't used the a _ _ word, but in no way should that person have been speaking to our players that way. Everyone is all up in arms about what Coach Yaden said, but what that guy said was a whole lot worse and the fact that the few Wartburg fans in that area that heard him are defending him is appalling. And, not all of them are defending him! I have talked to two that are ashamed of what he did. This guy was looking for anything to get Rusty mad and off his game. He tried to go at him directly and that didn't work, so, he went at the players and that hit a nerve for both Coach Yaden and Coach Wright. They defended my son, their sons, and the rest of the team and that is when everyone got upset. As long as our boys would sit there and take being called those vulgar names and being cursed y'all (including Dallas Davis and the officials) were fine with him doing that. But let our coaches stand up for the boys and they're in the wrong. Well, that's WRONG. By the way, there were two other Oneida employees sitting in that section that told the Wartburg "fan" to be "quiet" in no uncertain terms, but I'm not sure they were heard over the crowd.

Thank you Coach Yaden and Coach Wright. I didn't know what was happening at the time and I appreciate you for standing in for me and taking up for my son. Most of you know I'm not in the shape to get in a brawl and would probably lose a fight, but that certainly wouldn't stop me from giving everything I had left for any one of my kids when they were being treated in a manner such as this. I'm a Christian and teach my kids that fighting is not the way to settle things, but I'm not sure from the actions of Mr. Langley that he would stop and listen to reason, I would try though. But, I am praying for him and ALL of us that God convicts us to work through this in a manner He would find appropriate.

Anyway, all this has taken away from a good game and what is going to be some interesting Sub-state games. First time OHS has been there since 2002. Go Indians!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by coachjeffers

Oh good grief can we not move on? I don't know for a fact the words that were exchanged because I was not close to either, but I do know one looked no more ridiculous than the other. Also, I would be no more leery sitting by a fan that acts like him than putting my kids in the hands of a coach that has a daily influence on them and acts no better thatn the fan everyone keeps crying about, and I did not even have to use the caps lock or bold keys to write this.

Oh good grief can we not move on? I don't know for a fact the words that were exchanged because I was not close to either, but I do know one looked no more ridiculous than the other. Also, I would be no more leery sitting by a fan that acts like him than putting my kids in the hands of a coach that has a daily influence on them and acts no better thatn the fan everyone keeps crying about, and I did not even have to use the caps lock or bold keys to write this.

You don't have to point out your lack of intelligence. Not once did I use caps lock.