11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this year???

• Macon County
    • White House
    • Sycamore
    • Westmoreland
    • Goodpasture
    • Greenbrier

Well, the regular season has come to a close, with Macon Co. winning the regular season championship. Congratulations to them. Now, the fun really begins! What do you think???

I pick the Devils to win. We gave both Sycamore and Macon Co, all they wanted last week in games that we should have won! I believe that we will make the adjustments to carry us through to the championship. Go Blue Devils! BDP!!!

Well, the regular season has come to a close, with Macon Co. winning the regular season championship. Congratulations to them. Now, the fun really begins! What do you think???

I pick the Devils to win. We gave both Sycamore and Macon Co, all they wanted last week in games that we should have won! I believe that we will make the adjustments to carry us through to the championship. Go Blue Devils! BDP!!!

Yall wont have the chance to play sycamore or macon co because the blue devils season ends thursday nite, when they get ripped apart by those bobcats. leggo.

Goodpasture will beat Westmoreland

Greenbrier will beat White House

Macon County will beat Goodpasture

Sycamore will beat Greenbrier

Greenbrier will beat Goodpasture (CONSOLATION)

Sycamore will beat Macon County (CHAMPIONSHIP)

THOSE ARE MY PERSONAL PICKS (which may all be incorrect) FOR THIS TOURNEY..........YOU'LL HAVE A VERY TOUGH TIME FINDING A DISTRICT THAT IS MORE BALANCED FROM TOP-TO-BOTTOM :thumb:

Goodpasture will beat Westmoreland

Greenbrier will beat White House

Macon County will beat Goodpasture

Sycamore will beat Greenbrier

Greenbrier will beat Goodpasture (CONSOLATION)

Sycamore will beat Macon County (CHAMPIONSHIP)

THOSE ARE MY PERSONAL PICKS (which may all be incorrect) FOR THIS TOURNEY..........YOU'LL HAVE A VERY TOUGH TIME FINDING A DISTRICT THAT IS MORE BALANCED FROM TOP-TO-BOTTOM :thumb:

So you're saying that Goodpasture gets the pleasure of getting ripped apart by CPA? hahhahahaha Have fun with that :roflol:

BYE BYE BDP!!!!

For what it’s worth, I attended the 9-AA games at Vol State last night. I’m glad to see the powers to be at this community college has allowed high school teams back onto their campus. It is a win-win situation; a good venue for high school basketball. I enjoyed some of the games last year and decided to return this year, even though it appears this district (on the boy’s side) is down a bit.

I’ve seen White House play a couple of time this year; one against a poor Gallatin team and another in a blowout loss to Beech. I saw Greenbrier play in Hartsville against Hendersonville in another blowout game. Neither team has much talent, but last night’s game was exciting and I’m glad I attended.

Here’s why:

What I did see was a player for Greenbrier (# 3 Peach) put on a show. I don’t remember him against Hendersonville, but they could have used him then. This kid is 5 foot nothing and weighs 100 and nothing, but can flat play. Nobody on White House’s team could guard him. He drove lane for floaters, he pulled up and hit treys in your face, and he hustled his tail off on defense. He was the difference in Greenbrier’s win. He probably has a chance to play at the next level, maybe DIII. Somebody needs to give him a look. I was told last night he was the leading scorer in 9-AA with about a 22 ppg avg. That’s impressive for a last place team.

Props to Greenbrier’s student section and pep band, they brought a little excitement to the gym.

If there is a better player in this district, I have not seen them. And yes, I’ve seen most all these teams play, with the exception of Sycamore, at one point or another this year. I look forward to seeing the rest of the games over the next week and if there is a better player than Peach for Greenbrier, I will give them props, just as I’ve done here.

Eda

I find it funny that some people think Peach isn't that good. I mean, come on, what does he have to do? For those that don't know, he's also a nice young man. And he's better than DIII. Come on!...again.

Good to hear about our pep club, too. Props to Mrs. Raines! You make it fun and create good memories for our children. Thank you!

GO Cats!

I'll give credit where credit is due. Greenbrier wanted the game last night more than the Devils did and they showed it during crunch time in the 4th qtr. The Devils took a couple of quick, bad shots when patience was needed, made a couple of turnovers at the worst time, and played poor defense against a determined opponet. Nick Young hit a big three to give the Bobcats the lead they needed and you could see the air come out of the Blue Devils. I wish the Bobcats the best of luck the rest of the way. BDP:!:

I find it funny that some people think Peach isn't that good. I mean, come on, what does he have to do? For those that don't know, he's also a nice young man. And he's better than DIII. Come on!...again.

Good to hear about our pep club, too. Props to Mrs. Raines! You make it fun and create good memories for our children. Thank you!

GO Cats!

Mrs. Raines does have awesome "school spirit". She was the one who was most responsible for student involvement in the basketball games (when it came to cheering) for all of those past years when she was at SHS.

GO Cats!

Ok, for the last time- Peach is nice high school player but he ain't that good and neither is Greenbrier as their record indicates. He played against a zone (which guards spots not a man) when he is guarded by a man defense he is severely limited. He scores more points because he takes more shots than anyone else and that is fine because that is what he has to do for them to have success. I am sure he is a nice young man but that has nothing to do with his basketball playing ability.

No, he is not D-III, D-II, or D-I. I don't believe he is even NAIA level. Again, he is an average high school player but if he plays in college- the program that picks him up must be bad.

Ok, for the last time- Peach is nice high school player but he ain't that good and neither is Greenbrier as their record indicates. He played against a zone (which guards spots not a man) when he is guarded by a man defense he is severely limited. He scores more points because he takes more shots than anyone else and that is fine because that is what he has to do for them to have success. I am sure he is a nice young man but that has nothing to do with his basketball playing ability.

No, he is not D-III, D-II, or D-I. I don't believe he is even NAIA level. Again, he is an average high school player but if he plays in college- the program that picks him up must be bad.

Were you even at the game? Because when peach took the game over and went ONE ON ONE, white house was playing MAN TO MAN!