District 15A Tourny

chemtrail

I think Madison is certainly the favorite but is not an automatic to win the district tournament. I think the other 3 schools (Adamsville, Middleton and Scotts Hill) are a toss up. If I had to make a prediction for Friday's games, I would say Madison beats Scotts Hill and Middleton beat Adamsville (in a close game). Then on Monday night Scotts Hill beats Adamsville (in a close game) and Madison beats Middleton in the Championship game.

I think Madison is certainly the favorite but is not an automatic to win the district tournament. I think the other 3 schools (Adamsville, Middleton and Scotts Hill) are a toss up. If I had to make a prediction for Friday's games, I would say Madison beats Scotts Hill and Middleton beat Adamsville (in a close game). Then on Monday night Scotts Hill beats Adamsville (in a close game) and Madison beats Middleton in the Championship game.

I agree with your post for the most part,with an asterisk*.Madison is the clear favorite,Adamsville-Middleton is a toss-up(especially if A'ville's young guard is healthy),Scotts Hill-Adamsville is close,but for some reason(matchups) I don't believe the 'Hill can play with Middleton if Adamsville sends them to the consolation game.If there's a sleeper in the west,I'm picking Adamsville to surprise some people(again depending upon the health of the team,the guard who's been out w/toe problems is a future all-region pick).

Edited by tradertwo

I agree with your post for the most part,with an asterisk*.Madison is the clear favorite,Adamsville-Middleton is a toss-up(especially if A'ville's young guard is healthy),Scotts Hill-Adamsville is close,but for some reason(matchups) I don't believe the 'Hill can play with Middleton if Adamsville sends them to the consolation game.If there's a sleeper in the west,I'm picking Adamsville to surprise some people(again depending upon the health of the team,the guard who's been out w/toe problems is a future all-region pick).

I'll stick with my orignials picks to win for Monday nights games. Let's say:

Scotts Hill 52

Middleton 45

Madison 65

Adamsville 59

I'll stick with my orignials picks to win for Monday nights games. Let's say:

Scotts Hill 52

Middleton 45

Madison 65

Adamsville 59

Have to give you credit,you called the S.H.-Middleton game right down to the score.I think Coach Berkley gave us a gift by not using his press until it was too late,as they cut into a double digit lead and got the score back to four once he applied it.Adamsville continues to be a Jeckyl and Hyde team,and the meek Dr.Jeckyl showed up tonight.Region could get interesting if Scotts Hill continues to improve as rapidly as in the last week or two,the heart of a champion...and Coach Chandler might just have a little magic left this season.

Have to give you credit,you called the S.H.-Middleton game right down to the score.I think Coach Berkley gave us a gift by not using his press until it was too late,as they cut into a double digit lead and got the score back to four once he applied it.Adamsville continues to be a Jeckyl and Hyde team,and the meek Dr.Jeckyl showed up tonight.Region could get interesting if Scotts Hill continues to improve as rapidly as in the last week or two,the heart of a champion...and Coach Chandler might just have a little magic left this season.

Middleton has a lot of quickness and a good press, but I'm pretty sure the reason Middleton didn't press the whole game is foul issues. Even though Middleton is very quick and talented, they are also very young and still lack the discipline to apply the pressure without fouling. I believe Middleton finished the game with 4 players with 4 fouls each. The Scotts Hill girls have definitely stepped up their game these last few games and as the old saying goes "Never under estimate the heart of a champion".

Coach Chandler definitely has the SH girls peaking at the right time. Anyone who saw them play against TCA (district loss after leading the whole game a few weeks back) would be pretty amazed at the turnaround.

Hopefully the girls will bring their A-game and give Madison a game Monday night at TCA.

Copeland... you've been pretty close with picks so far. Any thoughts on the Region tourney (basically a repeat of the District)?