B.T.Washington Warriors

BTWSheriff

swanson no offense to you but your opinion of our team has become irrelevant to me. every level we have been at you have said we won or did well in it because it was "a down year" for that level (district/region/substate/state). these boys won the state. i dont know how you can compare this years teams to last years teams without them playing each other which is obviously not possible so it is solely your opinion. at some point you have to realize that these boys have done nothing short of being the best team in the state. if BTW or Lake or even Perry had won then you would have said "great job you deserved it" but with this private school all you have to say is "everyone else was down this year". they won they were the best. plain and simple. fact of the matter is that they won. which makes them the best team in the state. hate it or love it. i dont care. just know they were a much better team than you have given them credit for all year long.

"but with this private school all you have to say".... brother I could careless if you a private school who won it, and I was hoping you guys would go as far as possible. I even mentioned something on the girls board bragging about how dominant region 4, both boys and girls, were this year by sending 3 teams to play for a state championship. At the begginning of the year I didn't think you, or any team from the region, was capable of playing with other teams in the state which I was wrong and admited to being wrong, but from day 1 I had you all picked to win the region. Just because I state an opinion about something don't go whining saying "just because we're a private school you said that". I told a friend the same thing before the state tournament even started that I thought it was a bit down this year.

Edited by swanson71

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but with this private school all you have to say".... brother I could careless if you a private school who won it, and I was hoping you guys would go as far as possible. I even mentioned something on the girls board bragging about how dominant region 4, both boys and girls, were this year by sending 3 teams to play for a state championship. At the begginning of the year I didn't think you, or any team from the region, was capable of playing with other teams in the state which I was wrong and admited to being wrong, but from day 1 I had you all picked to win the region. Just because I state an opinion about something don't go whining saying "just because we're a private school you said that". I told a friend the same thing before the state tournament even started that I thought it was a bit down this year.

being a private shcool has nothing to do with why they won it. i find it amazing that is the one thing you pick out of everything i said. and you may have picked fc to win but you also said that you saw the district and region down this year so that is why you picked fc. you may have picked us but it was always backed by the statement "because the area is down this year". so my statement stands that the district/region/substate/state was not down this year. FC was up this year and they proved it to everyone.

being a private shcool has nothing to do with why they won it. i find it amazing that is the one thing you pick out of everything i said. and you may have picked fc to win but you also said that you saw the district and region down this year so that is why you picked fc. you may have picked us but it was always backed by the statement "because the area is down this year". so my statement stands that the district/region/substate/state was not down this year. FC was up this year and they proved it to everyone.

I used that because you basically implied the only reason I said what I did is because FCS is a private school. You say had it been Lake County or Perry County I would have said "good job, you deserve" and then you go on to mention because of you being a private school I said blah blah blah or whatever. You're more ignorant than I thought if you don't think the district, region, and sub-state was all down this year, not just this year but for quite some time. Of course FCS was the exception, but how easy did they have it with teams from the region. Early in the year they lost to Clay and played a close game with Pickett because they were right out of football and still getting back into basketball mode, but toward the end of the year they cruised right through everyone except for a little slip up in the district championship. Anyone who's watched basketball in this area will tell you the teams just aren't what they used to be. Had this been 10 years ago FCS may have still come out as region champions but they would have been in a dog fight to get it, and in no way would have have won every game they played in the region tournament by 15+ points as FCS did this year. As far as the sub-state goes even people from that area was talking about that they weren't as strong this year as they traditionally are, and it was mentioned by more than one person that we had a shot to send 2 teams from this area to the state tournament because region 3 is not as strong as they have been in the past. I don't say that because FCS won it this year because last year I was telling people from JC and Clay the region winner may make it to the state tournament but whoever does win it that the first good team anyone from the area plays will be a blow out.

I used that because you basically implied the only reason I said what I did is because FCS is a private school. You say had it been Lake County or Perry County I would have said "good job, you deserve" and then you go on to mention because of you being a private school I said blah blah blah or whatever. You're more ignorant than I thought if you don't think the district, region, and sub-state was all down this year, not just this year but for quite some time. Of course FCS was the exception, but how easy did they have it with teams from the region. Early in the year they lost to Clay and played a close game with Pickett because they were right out of football and still getting back into basketball mode, but toward the end of the year they cruised right through everyone except for a little slip up in the district championship. Anyone who's watched basketball in this area will tell you the teams just aren't what they used to be. Had this been 10 years ago FCS may have still come out as region champions but they would have been in a dog fight to get it, and in no way would have have won every game they played in the region tournament by 15+ points as FCS did this year. As far as the sub-state goes even people from that area was talking about that they weren't as strong this year as they traditionally are, and it was mentioned by more than one person that we had a shot to send 2 teams from this area to the state tournament because region 3 is not as strong as they have been in the past. I don't say that because FCS won it this year because last year I was telling people from JC and Clay the region winner may make it to the state tournament but whoever does win it that the first good team anyone from the area plays will be a blow out.

well then in that case you were still wrong. unless you want to say that mcewen and PC werent good teams. which i believe they were both very good teams.