WC by 10+

Stown over WC by 12+

Cwood over Cornersville 8+

Stown over Cwood by 13+ much closer than Dist. Championship anyway

Stown by 20

Cwood by 10

Loretto by 2

WC by 10

WC in upset over Stown by 5 (WC had Stown beat at Stown but Stown pulled it out at the end.)

Cwood by 8 over Loretto.

WC pulls out Region by 5 over Cwood.

Stown by 20

Cwood by 10

Loretto by 2

WC by 10

WC in upset over Stown by 5 (WC had Stown beat at Stown but Stown pulled it out at the end.)

Cwood by 8 over Loretto.

S'town has 5 SOLID players. WC has 1 really solid player. If a team can slow Risner, not stop, just simply slow her to about 15pts, then WC will have a hard time beating Cwood or Loretto, and wont have a chance against S'town.

Sisk has done a wonderful job with that group of girls, especially coming into such a tough situation. I think a tied 2nd season finish and a likely 2nd round region is more than anyone expected from this group. If they had got either Cwood or Lorettos spot in the coin flip they would of had a good shot at the sub-state. I will be interested to see how good they are next year. the Big girls has improved DRASTICALLY since she first showed up. They will have a pg to get it down the floor and get it in the post. They will just need to find a scorer somewhere in those freshman and sophomores.

All that said, i just dont see Stown falling in region play to anybody. However WC is at least the 3rd best team in the region. And very equal with Cwood for the 2nd spot. they just fell on the wrong side of the bracket due to a bad luck coin toss

Stown by 20

Cwood by 10

Loretto by 2

WC by 10

Cwood by 8 over Loretto.

OOOPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!'!!!

Gotta bring your A game....I am just as shocked as anyone that WC isnt getting a 4th shot at Stown, but thats what happens when you dont tcb, and it brings up a huge question for me

How many years has it been that WC isnt at least in Region semifinals?

OOOPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!'!!!

Gotta bring your A game....I am just as shocked as anyone that WC isnt getting a 4th shot at Stown, but thats what happens when you dont tcb, and it brings up a huge question for me

How many years has it been that WC isnt at least in Region semifinals?

think this is correct, but it is from memory only, so i may get corrected...since 1987 (Byrd era),

WC eliminated in region quarterfinals: 1997, 2004, 2006, 2012

WC eliminated in region semis: 1987, 2007

WC reached region finals in 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 05, 08, 09, 10, 11 (region championships in bold--notice 8 in a row).

I'll have to say one of the most fun and unexpected was the 05 championship at Eagleville when WC finished 4th in District and then upset #1 11A Richland, #2 12A and top 5 in state Perry County (Edney and Weatherly), and #1 12A and top 5 in state Summertown (Lovett and Corbin and crew)...pulled out the 1-3 with a chaser defense and ran it to perfection! And of course i'm partial to 1990 when WC upset then 30-0 and #1 in the state Cwood with a last second elbow shot by Ginger Hasting (Baugus) and went on to be state runners-up that year....and also 1989 when WC upset Cwood at Cully during two-time Miss Bball Mia Daniel's senior year...lots of great memories over the years! Good luck to the remaining 12a teams....i think it's Summertown's year!

Edited by ptguard

think this is correct, but it is from memory only, so i may get corrected...since 1987 (Byrd era),

WC eliminated in region quarterfinals: 1997, 2004, 2006, 2012

WC eliminated in region semis: 1987, 2007

WC reached region finals in 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 05, 08, 09, 10, 11 (region championships in bold--notice 8 in a row).

I'll have to say one of the most fun and unexpected was the 05 championship at Eagleville when WC finished 4th in District and then upset #1 11A Richland, #2 12A and top 5 in state Perry County (Edney and Weatherly), and #1 12A and top 5 in state Summertown (Lovett and Corbin and crew)...pulled out the 1-3 with a chaser defense and ran it to perfection! And of course i'm partial to 1990 when WC upset then 30-0 and #1 in the state Cwood with a last second elbow shot by Ginger Hasting (Baugus) and went on to be state runners-up that year....and also 1989 when WC upset Cwood at Cully during two-time Miss Bball Mia Daniel's senior year...lots of great memories over the years! Good luck to the remaining 12a teams....i think it's Summertown's year!

Coaches of Byrds' calibre don't come around often,and overall the truly excellent ones are dwindling away.David Russell and Randy Frazier were in Coach Byrds class,now all three are "retired" at least from coaching high school ball.The tradition at Wayne Co. will help the program stay relevant,and I've got a feeling that the dominance enjoyed there will somewhat continue,but the little upsets will not be as hard to come by for opponents as in the past.

Coaches of Byrds' calibre don't come around often,and overall the truly excellent ones are dwindling away.David Russell and Randy Frazier were in Coach Byrds class,now all three are "retired" at least from coaching high school ball.The tradition at Wayne Co. will help the program stay relevant,and I've got a feeling that the dominance enjoyed there will somewhat continue,but the little upsets will not be as hard to come by for opponents as in the past.

Would you include David Collie in the list of all time greats? I believe he deserves mention even if he was a boys coach (and he hails from WC)...also what about Willard? The way he built the Stown girls program and made it prominant says something about his abilities--would not be surprised if he ends up taking over the girls program there in Waynesboro...

Ok another region question....Has anyone ever gone UNBEATEN against WC over the period of a complete season? I cant say as I recall that happening, but again, I could be wrong. I think it is a remarkable feat that Summertown did go 3-0 vs WC this season (and that we dont have to play them again, it constitutes a complete season sweep of them)...Also, has there ever been a season in which a team went UNBEATEN through the course of an entire season vs Cwood AND WC combined?

Why are we talking about WC? Last I checked it's a few different teams this year.

Yes Santa Fe beat WC and WC is out. But they didnt get kicked out of the region, so they are still relevant to discussion here. Tie your shoes tight because you will see Stown tonight. You will need more than % or 6 threes to beat a team this strong. but congrats on getting to the next level