Chattanooga Area Baseball

baseballfan44

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I made my rounds on Saturday and had numerous "informants" at the different sites. After talking to the experts at all of the sites, the consensus is that Soddy Daisy, South Pitt, and Walker Valley looked the best, South Pitt had the best pitching, Soddy had the best hitters, and Walker Valley played really solid. Soddy was definitely the best team I saw first hand. I know Ooltewah will be pretty good, but I don't know if they have enough to stay with the others. My EH people tell me they put it on them pretty good. FYI, skydogg, the Hooter guy told me they played their JV against yall. Overall, I agree that baseball is down around the area but SOUTH PITT has a great chance to make a run in 1A.

Boyd could be very good especially if University of Alabama signee Colton Parker has a big year, They are deep in pitching have a couple of new kids who could especially surprise. The new kid who plays at catcher and 3rd could be a huge surprise to everyone in area, he can really hit it!! The coaching staff is very good, which will help get this team good quickly!!

Wes has a huge task having so many young kids but they have some talent to compete and he does a good job.

Walker Valley looked good on play day and better than Ooltewah IMO!!

Well, I made my rounds on Saturday and had numerous "informants" at the different sites. After talking to the experts at all of the sites, the consensus is that Soddy Daisy, South Pitt, and Walker Valley looked the best, South Pitt had the best pitching, Soddy had the best hitters, and Walker Valley played really solid. Soddy was definitely the best team I saw first hand. I know Ooltewah will be pretty good, but I don't know if they have enough to stay with the others. My EH people tell me they put it on them pretty good. FYI, skydogg, the Hooter guy told me they played their JV against yall. Overall, I agree that baseball is down around the area but SOUTH PITT has a great chance to make a run in 1A.

mmmm...interesting...its okay to not respect us!!

again Walker Valley best team there IMO

Sequatchie added 2 more wins in the South Pittsburg tournament, 8-1 over Marion County and 9-1 over White County. Against Marion, 5 innings, Dakota Hudson was 3-4 with a three-run HR, six RBIs. Hunter Hudson was 3-4 and five others had at least one hit. AJ Houk got the win, gave up 2 hits and struck out 8.

Sequatchie didn't hit as well vs White County (six innings) but they were overall solid in the field. White County had some trouble fielding which cost them, wild pitches and passed balls hurt them too. For Seq, Hunter Hudson was 3-4 again with 4 SB, Tyler Kilgore had 2 hits including a double and was also was the winning pitcher, gave up 4 hits. Sequatchie is scheduled to play Sunday afternoon in South Pittsburg.

Edited by Indian