State tourney bound AA

Swanson123

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't suprise me if Covington and Obion made it out of 7 AA. Looks like Macon County, CPA, Mcminn Central, Livingston Academy might as well. I got news for all of you. Obion County has had major talent the last 4 years and have been knocked out in the Region-Semis. They are proned to losing games they shouldn't, but I will promise this. Whoever they draw if they make it to the Boro, which I believe they will, just got a bad draw. They looked to be a team on a mission tonight. It wouldn't suprise me at all if they walked right through Murfreesboro with ease.

It wouldn't suprise me if Covington and Obion made it out of 7 AA. Looks like Macon County, CPA, Mcminn Central, Livingston Academy might as well. I got news for all of you. Obion County has had major talent the last 4 years and have been knocked out in the Region-Semis. They are proned to losing games they shouldn't, but I will promise this. Whoever they draw if they make it to the Boro, which I believe they will, just got a bad draw. They looked to be a team on a mission tonight. It wouldn't suprise me at all if they walked right through Murfreesboro with ease.

Whoever travels to Memphis Manassas between OC/Covington will end their season in Memphis. Whoever wants to go to Murfreesboro better win the region....just sayin'

Obion Co. did look like a team on a mission tonight. Macy Wright and Brandi Goodman have got to be the best guard/post combo in AA in the state.

I think Waverly has a good shot at making it to state. They are playing very good basketball right now, having won 12 straight and are currently 25-5. Three of their losses occured in a 10 day span and all were in the final seconds. Last year they lost in the sectional at Macon County at the buzzer in a game their best post player wasn't able to play in because of a concussion suffered in the region final. Basically, the whole team returned this year plus they added a starter who sat out her junior year, but is now back and playing lights out. As a whole, this team is a lot better than the group that gave Macon fits last year. They are a veteran group (4 seniors/1 junior) with a good combination of size and quickness. They play good defense and are well balanced with 5 different players who can shoot it and score. All of this plus they are well coached. I know they have to get by Page in the region final, but if they do and get to host the loser of CPA/Macon at home then I think they will knock them off and advance. I'm biased, but I do believe this is the year Waverly makes it to the Boro.

Edited by swamptiger

I'd say, in order of Region, that:

Loudon

Grainger

McMinn Central

Livingston

Macon

Waverly

Obion

Manassas

will make it.

Now how the State will roll out depends greatly on the drawings. Being a McMinn Central fan, the teams that scare me the most are Livingston and Manassas. Macon is on a tear right now. I watched McMinn Central play Red Bank last night and, although Red Bank wasn't the best competition, Central played outstanding. This team looks greatly prepared for tournament play. Coach Morgan had each girl on the team play serious minutes to keep them ready. I saw Central make about 3-4 real mistakes last night and Morgan laid it on them when they did. He knows that one mistake or one missed play could send you home in the Boro. Obviously, Central is who I know the most about, but from the past several games, it's clear that Johnny Morgan has those girls ready for a deep run. Let's not look passed East Ham and Grundy though! Go Big Blue!

It wouldn't suprise me if Covington and Obion made it out of 7 AA. Looks like Macon County, CPA, Mcminn Central, Livingston Academy might as well. I got news for all of you. Obion County has had major talent the last 4 years and have been knocked out in the Region-Semis. They are proned to losing games they shouldn't, but I will promise this. Whoever they draw if they make it to the Boro, which I believe they will, just got a bad draw. They looked to be a team on a mission tonight. It wouldn't suprise me at all if they walked right through Murfreesboro with ease.[/b]

Wow, that's a pretty serious statement to make. :unsure:

Wow, that's a pretty serious statement to make. :unsure:

The current team has been together a while and has underachieved the last four years. They lost to Milan (State Runner-Up) in 2008 in the region-semis, lost to Gibson County (State Champs) in region-semis in 2009, lost to Martin Westview (State Final Four) in region-semis in 2010, lost to Liberty (State Final Four) in 2011. This current team lost two games this year. One to a team in Florida on a Christmas tournament and the other the last game of the season to Covington, and from what I've heard, was resting some players due to illness. I don't think there will be a team in Murfreesboro as talented as Obion. If they play as aggressive as they did last night against a very talented Dyersburg team, it's going to take a really good team to knock them out. They have dominated 13AA the last two seasons. 13AA has won the state two of the last three years and has been in the state championship game three of the last four. 13AA keeps you battle tested year round. Very tough district. I know the McMinn Central's and Livingston Academy's of the world are tough year in year out and can beat anyone on a given day. Obion County's loaded. Just sayin.

Whoever travels to Memphis Manassas between OC/Covington will end their season in Memphis. Whoever wants to go to Murfreesboro better win the region....just sayin'

Obion Co. did look like a team on a mission tonight. Macy Wright and Brandi Goodman have got to be the best guard/post combo in AA in the state.

I watched Manassas last year against Macon County and were real athletic. I have seen you talk about them throughout the year. They must be really good. I haven't seen them play this year. I just know Covington and Obion are tough outs. Obion's loaded and Covington's very tall and athletic.

I watched Manassas last year against Macon County and were real athletic. I have seen you talk about them throughout the year. They must be really good. I haven't seen them play this year. I just know Covington and Obion are tough outs. Obion's loaded and Covington's very tall and athletic.

I'm just saying, I'm really impressed with Manassas' ability to press for all 4 quarters and never miss a beat. If someone can handle their pressure for 4 quarters, they'll win, however that's easier said than done. They haven't lost to a AA team this year, but to keep it honest, Memphis AA ball outside of Manassas is pretty weak. Their 3 losses are to Whitehaven, Southwind, and Faith Baptist Christian out of Florida, all 3 very good teams.

Also, I haven't seen Waverly, but have talked to someone that has watched them play and is going to watch them play tomorrow night. I was told that they're very good and play well as a team. Definately have a shot at making AA state.

The current team has been together a while and has underachieved the last four years. They lost to Milan (State Runner-Up) in 2008 in the region-semis, lost to Gibson County (State Champs) in region-semis in 2009, lost to Martin Westview (State Final Four) in region-semis in 2010, lost to Liberty (State Final Four) in 2011. This current team lost two games this year. One to a team in Florida on a Christmas tournament and the other the last game of the season to Covington, and from what I've heard, was resting some players due to illness. I don't think there will be a team in Murfreesboro as talented as Obion. If they play as aggressive as they did last night against a very talented Dyersburg team, it's going to take a really good team to knock them out. They have dominated 13AA the last two seasons. 13AA has won the state two of the last three years and has been in the state championship game three of the last four. 13AA keeps you battle tested year round. Very tough district. I know the McMinn Central's and Livingston Academy's of the world are tough year in year out and can beat anyone on a given day. Obion County's loaded. Just sayin.

That's a pretty good resume Obion has the last few years.....similar to McMinn Central, who finally brought home the gold ball in 2011 after several years of getting so close. I guess my statement was based on me being surprised that anyone would think that any team could waltz through Murfreesboro without being tested. I recall the Marshall Co. team that won the 2010 Championship, and how everyone said they were the best team there in 10 years and how they were invincible, etc. Though they did beat McMinn Central, the Chargerettes were ahead about 20 points at the half and the Marshall Co. faithful were stunned! And I still think if Central's head coach hadn't tried to sit on the lead in the second half, rather than run his offense the same in the second half as he did the first half, he'd have won his first gold ball in 2010.

My point being that even though Marshall Co. was awesome, they still ran into a buzzsaw that nearly beat them. Maybe Obion will dominate the AA competition in the 'boro, but I'd be surprised if they did blowout all three teams they play - assuming they win it all.

Looking forward to watching all the good teams that will be competing there.

That's a pretty good resume Obion has the last few years.....similar to McMinn Central, who finally brought home the gold ball in 2011 after several years of getting so close. I guess my statement was based on me being surprised that anyone would think that any team could waltz through Murfreesboro without being tested. I recall the Marshall Co. team that won the 2010 Championship, and how everyone said they were the best team there in 10 years and how they were invincible, etc. Though they did beat McMinn Central, the Chargerettes were ahead about 20 points at the half and the Marshall Co. faithful were stunned! And I still think if Central's head coach hadn't tried to sit on the lead in the second half, rather than run his offense the same in the second half as he did the first half, he'd have won his first gold ball in 2010.

My point being that even though Marshall Co. was awesome, they still ran into a buzzsaw that nearly beat them. Maybe Obion will dominate the AA competition in the 'boro, but I'd be surprised if they did blowout all three teams they play - assuming they win it all.

Looking forward to watching all the good teams that will be competing there.

Pretty sure it was Gibson County???